PDA

View Full Version : insurance inspection

ottamania
05-10-2008, 05:42 PM
so i am selling my car and this guy is interested in. he wants me to do a insurance inspection. what is that? btw OOP done, insured and registered. i dont know wtf is Ins. Inspection.

dj_rice
05-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I think its just a safety inspection, I've done one before, it was very basic, check front signals/rear signals working, check suspension, check brake lights and reverse lights and that was it

Brownwonder
05-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Is the car older then 12 years?

ottamania
05-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Brownwonder
Is the car older then 12 years?

yeah its 15 years old 180sx.

Supa Dexta
05-10-2008, 08:25 PM
yeah, there is an insurance checklist, mechanic will go over and and check it off. Not sure of the cost now. 50-60 bux maybe? Maybe it was 30, I can't recall... Has to be done on a standard form, which the garage should have.

sr20s14zenki
05-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Tell him to piss off, or pay for it himself. I had a few ppl ask me to do it at my cost on a few cars ive sold and i said if you want the piece of mind, you pay for it. The oop sheet should cover enough, they are just trying to make you pay for what they should rightfully pay for.

:thumbsdow stupid people

ottamania
05-10-2008, 08:51 PM
thnx for all the info fellas.

Brownwonder
05-10-2008, 11:30 PM
If you do want to do it, just go and get a form from any registry, there is no charge. Different garage's charge different rates, so maybe call around...

Masked Bandit
05-11-2008, 08:50 AM
How long ago did you do the OOP?

He probably wants it because he knows that when he goes to insure it, he will need an inspection. This way, he doesn't have to pay for it.

With that said, if your OOP is less than a year old and you still have the checklist, you should be able to give him a copy and he should be able to use it for his insurance policy (I know we would accept it anyway).

ottamania
05-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
How long ago did you do the OOP?

He probably wants it because he knows that when he goes to insure it, he will need an inspection. This way, he doesn't have to pay for it.

With that said, if your OOP is less than a year old and you still have the checklist, you should be able to give him a copy and he should be able to use it for his insurance policy (I know we would accept it anyway).

OOP is done in Feb. He said that he will pay for the inspection.

Masked Bandit
05-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ottamania

OOP is done in Feb. He said that he will pay for the inspection.

If all he wants it for is his insurance company, just give him a copy of the your OOP. That should be enough to cover him.

nissanK
05-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Also known as a pre-purchase inspection.

t_soarer
05-24-2008, 03:03 PM
I did that with my first car purchase. It's $100 at almost any automotive shop. It's better to get it done at CMA certified shop; I did it at Dale Adams Automotive (McLeod and 75th)...it's a waste if you are the seller doing it, because it's an excuse for the buyer to negotiate the price based on anything that's wrong with the car.