PDA

View Full Version : Help with removing aftermarket headunit on a EG

Freestylin
05-10-2008, 05:57 PM
I have a EG civic and my problem is that I am not able to slide/pull out the stereo without breaking something. I removed the panel under the climate control and unplugged the the cigarette lighter, then removed the two bolts underneath the unit, and looked for any other possible bolts that would hold the stereo in but did not find any. As i applied pressure in pushing the stereo out from behind, it would end up not budging at all. I have a old clarion deck with a unknown model # which came with the car, and it really frustrates me in finding out how to pull this deck out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mista.2
05-10-2008, 06:00 PM
im pretty sure there are two prongs on either side of the unit that have to be pushed flush in order for the unit to release... at least thts what i had to do with the aftermarket unit in my prelude.

soupey
05-10-2008, 06:00 PM
...are you just tryign to pull it out by force? or are u using the removal tools for the din bracket?, provided whoever installed it didnt put anything extra in to mount it, you just need the two din removal keys to go on both sides of the deck to push out the clips that make the deck stay in the bracket.

Freestylin
05-10-2008, 06:07 PM
hey thanks for the help....for the bracket..if i didn't receive the key for the DIN..am i basically out of luck in removing the head unit? and yeah i tried using force, but i think its pretty obvious to me that something is locking it in...is there anyway i can remove the bracket without the key?

Freestylin
05-10-2008, 09:19 PM
anyone in the N.E wanna help me? :(