PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac CTS Navigation Firmware Update CD?

eblend
05-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Anyone has one of these? I got the latest map CD (6.5) and it won't allow me to get out of michigan to enter addresses. This issue has been fixed with a firmware upgrade disk released by GM, however, I don't want to pay GM to fix something that should not have been broken in the first place (i buy a new nav disk, i expect it to work, but instead, u have to pay to get the firmware updated...lame!)

So does anyone happen to have a CTS and have this disk handy? I just need to borrow it for 15 min, thats how long the update takes.

Thanks

4DoorGTZ
05-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Dunno if it would work for ya, but I bought last years map disk for my 05 CTS-V and it came with a firmware upgrade disc.... Do some research and find out if it will work for ya. I'll be home Fri-mon next weekend. Don't have access to it right now so I cant get you any details off the disc/cover. Ordered it from gmnavdisc.com for $99 just before the new 08 disc was released.

eblend
05-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by 4DoorGTZ
Dunno if it would work for ya, but I bought last years map disk for my 05 CTS-V and it came with a firmware upgrade disc.... Do some research and find out if it will work for ya. I'll be home Fri-mon next weekend. Don't have access to it right now so I cant get you any details off the disc/cover. Ordered it from gmnavdisc.com for $99 just before the new 08 disc was released.

THAT WILL WORK!!

That should be the disk, because there was only 1 update ever on those units, and the CTS-V nav and CTS nave are identical. I did a lot of research into this and many people have done the update on both with the same disk.

I will PM you to see when is best for me to drop by. I just want to use it right there and be done with it, unless you can lend it to me to make an ISO so i can share it with the rest of the folks over at cadillacforums.com