PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Toyota Tundra

StickyRice
05-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Hey all,

just wondering if anyone drives one of these? just looking for some reviews (pros and cons)...as i am thinking of getting one.

thanks!

SJW
05-11-2008, 09:14 AM
CON:

They're ugly.

78si
05-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I have a silver 08 crew max. Tons of power, lots of room, sweet sunroof and rear slide down window. It pulls a loaded 16 ft car trailer with ease.

It gets 19mpg highway and 14mpg in town. (hand calculated) Which isnt great, but its probably normal for a truck with 381hp.

blownz
05-12-2008, 08:34 AM
We have about 10 at work and I have driven about half of them. The best part is the engine and transmission. So much better than every other gas truck in our fleet. The only thing I don't like is the dash. Dash doesn't look appealing to me, plus some of the gauges aren't very visible in those deep holes and the radio is a long ways away from the driver. I would totally live with that interior though to have that engine and transmission.

climer
05-12-2008, 01:32 PM
You may want to look into the tailgate failures they've been having.

Other than that, they seem to be fairly solid trucks.

StickyRice
05-12-2008, 07:08 PM
what do you mean tailgate failures? whats wrong with them?

CelicaST-162
05-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I haven't heard of any tailgate failures....

RUQUIKR
05-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Tailgate only supports 180lbs, had a recall for "snapping" camshafts, frame under the box is a c channel so it has a lot of movement under offroad conditions and the traction control does not work in 4x4. Nice truck but I'd be waiting on the 09's to see if they can fix some of these things.

iceburns288
05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
EWjTbiYo3x0

That would be a con.

AND:
zRfE_XAk2mE

PZz3xly3HUA

RUQUIKR
05-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks iceburns288, I would have posted those but can't from work.

Mitsu3000gt
05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Personally I think its the best looking truck on the road, but thats subjective. They have a ton of power, excellent drivetrain. All the controls are supposed to be easy to use even when wearing gloves, which is why some people may not like the look of them. When Toyota was making this truck, they went to I think Texas, and asked a ton of truck owners what they wanted in a truck or wished their trucks had and that was one of the things. You can bet it will be more reliable than most other trucks out there, it will hold its value the best compared to other trucks (total cost of ownership should be less), and the magazines sure love them. The only downfall is if you NEED a diesel, then you need to go with one of the american brands.

StickyRice
05-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Supposely they coming out with diesel soon i think within 2 years or so.

Anyways...do you guys recommened underspray, the rust protector in the panels and the paint protector?

I hear good and bad things for the paint proctector so just seeing if its worth to get these 3 things.

Thanks.

Mitsu3000gt
05-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by StickyRice
Supposely they coming out with diesel soon i think within 2 years or so.

Anyways...do you guys recommened underspray, the rust protector in the panels and the paint protector?

I hear good and bad things for the paint proctector so just seeing if its worth to get these 3 things.

Thanks.

Whatever you do, don't pay for it at the dealer. Go to a third party for better prices and probably a better job to boot. IMO the paint protector is a joke, just give it a good coat of wax/paint sealant yourself on a regular basis.

Also, if your close to buying, I suggest you refuse to pay the ~$300 "admin" fee, which is a 100% money grab (even salesmen have admitted this to me). They add it on AFTER you agree to the price of the vehicle too, which is wrong IMO. You should pay the price you negotiated. I've never had to pay this fee by simply telling them I know its a total money grab and I won't pay more than the price we agreed on. They won't ever lose a sale over it.