PDA

View Full Version : BMW 3-series handling

majmaj
05-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Guys,
I am looking to buy a early 90s BMW 325. I like everything about it, but need more insight.
1. It's a rare wheel drive, wondering if handling is poor in winter driving condition
2. how expensive are the parts?
3. is it too hard to sell it later?

wardpr68
05-11-2008, 10:18 AM
1. with winter tires and decent driving skill you will be fine
2. Expensive
3. usually yes.

TorqueDog
05-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Rear drive is fine in the winter, the only problem you may have is with the tires or the driver.

Parts and labour for a BMW aren't the most affordable things on the planet. However, being an older one, you can hop on the internet and find a decent deal if you look. For service work, go through an independent mechanic, like Sheni.

I find that most of those older BMWs don't sell because people still ask a LOT of money for them.

funkedelic
05-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Rear drive is fine in the winter, the only problem you may have is with the tires or the driver.

Parts and labour for a BMW aren't the most affordable things on the planet. However, being an older one, you can hop on the internet and find a decent deal if you look. For service work, go through an independent mechanic, like Sheni.

I find that most of those older BMWs don't sell because people still ask a LOT of money for them.

:werd:

they are usually over priced. I had an early model e36 and i didn't find it to handled well at all in the winter, it really depends a lot on your tires too though.

2m0a0x2
05-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't drive like a penis in the winter and you'll be fine. Just get winters. Of course it'll never beat a WRX or Audi in the winter.

tm.88
05-11-2008, 04:13 PM
ive owned 2, a 1992 318i and a 1995 325.
Without a doubt my favorite cars.

1) Winter driving is not bad with good tires, i had shitty all seasons on the first one and constantly got stuck. Then i put studded tires on, and it made a HUGE difference.

2) Parts are expensive, upon selling the last one i needed a new MAF just a tiny sensor, and BMW quoted me at almost a grand. Not to mention all the other parts.

3) I made money selling my 325is, I bought it for 3Grand, at almost 200 thousand Km, interior was filthy, But it just needed a nice clean. I conditioned the leather, cleaned it waxed it etc...sold it 6 months later for 7500. (this can be rare)
As stated above alot of ppl ask ridiculous amounts of cash for them. a early 90s 318i is worth no more than 4 G, a 325 worth no more than 7500, a 328 no more than 8 and a M3...well these are worth every penny haha. (assuming it is in good condition, and around 200 000 km)

Handeling is Sooo good with a sway bar, good rubber and coilovers.

Hope i helped

e36bmw///
05-11-2008, 05:00 PM
nm