PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Steering Wheel

BlackFyre
05-12-2008, 08:14 AM
So I was looking for the quickest way to add big HP numbers to my car, and decided that a new steering wheel was the way to go. It's an NRG Wheel, and I used a Momo hub adapter. I followed the poorly translated instructions to a T, and used the mark at the top of the adapter to line up with the small plastic piece that shuts off the signal light. (It only fits on one way) Now, I've noticed that when the car's driving straight, the wheel is facing significantly to the right and not straight like it should. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas why this would be, I was thinking an alignment problem maybe, but the factory wheel faced straight with the wheels, so I'm lost.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Why would a steering wheel add big hp numbers?

The hub is on wrong. You need to take it off and just turn it to the left. Just take it off/put it on until it's straight.

rc2002
05-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Park facing downhill on a slope. Let your car move forward until the steering wheel straightens out. Then install the steering wheel.

You probably had it shifted one or two teeth too many.

BlackFyre
05-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Lol, sorry, I was kidding about the big HP numbers.

Ok, I'll give the downhill slope idea a shot, thinking back now, I'm pretty sure I lined up the plastic rotating piece, and totally disregarded the actual markings behind where the clock spring were, stupid mistake on my part.

Thanks for the help guys.