PDA

View Full Version : Black Line Tail Lights...

ICEBERG
05-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi guy's

Just a quick question. Where is the best place to order Black Line tail lights for my E90 335i? I was at BMW gallery this afternoon and the one they had over there was $471... Way over priced. Any where else to get them cheaper?

Thanks,

dj_rice
05-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Tunerworks would be my guess...

Arent you heading over to Europe soon??Why dont you grab some over there?

ICEBERG
05-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Tunerworks would be my guess...

Arent you heading over to Europe soon??Why dont you grab some over there?

I leave on the 30th, in couple weeks here. I thought they where more expensive there? I had to get 500 Euros today and it cost me almost $800 Canadian. Europe is getting very expensive :thumbsdow

dj_rice
05-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG

I leave on the 30th, in couple weeks here. I thought they where more expensive there? I had to get 500 Euros today and it cost me almost $800 Canadian. Europe is getting very expensive :thumbsdow

You just bought 2 brand new BMW's and your complaining about Europe being expensive???You do not deserve the douchebag title :rofl: :rofl:

But yeah, Tunerworks will hook it up, but for a cheap price, I dunno

topher91
05-12-2008, 08:01 PM
PFFFt... tunerworks doesn't have it even Rob told me to go to BMW... its OEM bmw parts, too bad there are no aftermarket black lines yet.

Cheapest I saw was for $400 + tax @ BMW Gallery. I'm gonna get em... :D

blownz
05-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Tischer in the US sells them for $235US plus shipping. That is the cheapest I have seen.

I ordered mine through bimmian though. They charge $333CDN. Not as good but you don't have to worry about the duty/brokerage.

Totally worth getting though, they make any color of E90 look better imo. :thumbsup:

benyl
05-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Tischer FTW.

topher91
05-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by blownz
Tischer in the US sells them for $235US plus shipping. That is the cheapest I have seen.

I ordered mine through bimmian though. They charge $333CDN. Not as good but you don't have to worry about the duty/brokerage.

Totally worth getting though, they make any color of E90 look better imo. :thumbsup:

But I thought they don't ship to Canada (Tischer)? What do the Bimmian ones look like (cuz you said they are not as good)??

benyl
05-13-2008, 11:28 AM
They started shipping to Canada again.

blownz
05-13-2008, 01:06 PM
I meant the price isn't as good. They are still the exact same bmw part.

funkedelic
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Tischer FTW.

:werd: This company has come through for me on several occasions. Bimmian is garbage and their stuff is over priced. The only down side to this is that Tischer will not ship to Canada anymore. (at least they didn't a few weeks ago)

blownz
05-13-2008, 04:13 PM
^ why do you think bimmian is garbage? I have ordered serveral times over the years from them without any problems... :dunno:

funkedelic
05-13-2008, 04:22 PM
^ why do you think bimmian is garbage? I have ordered serveral times over the years from them without any problems... :dunno:

many of the parts you ordered could have been bought considerably cheaper some where else. They have a nice website, i'll give them that much. I placed on order through them once for some lights and a key hole delete piece. The lights burnt out 3 days later and the piece arrived with chipped paint.

Wrote them about it a week after and they told me that they weren't going to give me a full refund but that they could take off a certain percent off my next order or give me store credit.

Never ordered there again.

blownz
05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Well maybe I have been lucky, but I have ordered from them on 4 different occasions and the only problem I had was on the one order they forgot to send something. I told them not to bother because I changed my mind and they gave me a $20 site credit to make up for it. Which I used towards the blacklines.

And I know you can often find the same items a few bucks cheaper on US sites, but since bimmian's stock is already in Canada you don't have to worry about duty or brokerage and the shipping times are often way quicker than getting the part out of the US. Which imo makes up for some of the difference in $.

funkedelic
05-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Well maybe I have been lucky, but I have ordered from them on 4 different occasions and the only problem I had was on the one order they forgot to send something. I told them not to bother because I changed my mind and they gave me a $20 site credit to make up for it. Which I used towards the blacklines.

And I know you can often find the same items a few bucks cheaper on US sites, but since bimmian's stock is already in Canada you don't have to worry about duty or brokerage and the shipping times are often way quicker than getting the part out of the US. Which imo makes up for some of the difference in $.

i usually go down to the border to pick up the majority of my car parts that i order online, saves so much on shipping and you save money on prices as well. Works out well since i live an hour away and often times vendors won't ship to Canada.

I get where your coming from though, i have heard good things from them on other forums and perhaps you have been lucky, i had a bad experience but it was bad enough for me to call it quits on them.

blownz
05-14-2008, 08:46 AM
^ I do wish I had that option though. The drive from Edmonton is a bit too far to make it worth it.

benyl
05-14-2008, 10:46 AM
some here if you know someone in Toronto to pick them up for you:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141783

topher91
05-20-2008, 08:11 PM
FYI, I just ordered a set thru Tischer. They do ship to Canada again!

PLUS it was stupid cheap for them!!

Bimmer88
05-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Is this like the smoked version?

^ Nevermind... totally different from smoked, the red lines are black instead. I see what you mean. I'll look into it.

Man i gotta update my E90 catalog here.

Okay so I checked into a few places for you, did you try Tuner Motorsports? I think their selling for $269? man its getting late... can't remember.

I'll also check into my supplier and let you know.