PDA

View Full Version : LOST: 1 yo Chihuahua Puppy

BigWill
05-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Recently bought a Chihuahua Puppy, ran away when I took it over to his house in Martindale (Martha's Haven, Martha's Close to be exact). If anyone has any information on this puppy, please pm me. I have put up a few flyers in the area and also put in a report with the lost puppy finder thing at the vet. Thanks.

Here is a pretty recent picture of the puppy, its a 1 year old female chihuahua, has an orange collar.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rony_espana/IMG_0191.jpg

Reward if found!

adidas
05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Will keep a lookout for you since im close to the area.

Hope you get her back.

rony_espana
05-15-2008, 10:01 AM
:(

95EG6P
05-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Will keep a lookout for you since im close to the area.

Hope you get her back.

+1

modded46
05-19-2008, 08:46 AM
That's sad.. :( Good luck on finding her.

rony_espana
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey thanks for all who looked for her, but I recently found out that she was taken to the pound, and they euthanized her because she was deemed not adoptable! This happened only 4 days after she ran away....we were still looking for her and she had already been put down!:(

I had no idea they did this kind of stuff....she had a collar and everything.

KuruptEX
05-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana
Hey thanks for all who looked for her, but I recently found out that she was taken to the pound, and they euthanized her because she was deemed not adoptable! This happened only 4 days after she ran away....we were still looking for her and she had already been put down!:(

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
speechless

Donmega
05-19-2008, 10:44 PM

WTF? that's terrible and messed up!

ef7
05-19-2008, 10:45 PM
wow i cant believe they did that, that is garbage. :barf:

gatorade
05-19-2008, 11:57 PM
what the deemed not adoptable?

schocker
05-20-2008, 12:05 AM
that is messed up, especially after such a short little time:thumbsdow

Jlude
05-20-2008, 12:12 AM
is that standard procedure? After 4 days they put him down? If this happened to our dog, there would be bloody murders!

rony_espana
05-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Yeah I was completely shocked when I found out...to be deemed not adoptable means that it is too agressive...found that to be BS since it is a Chihuahua what can it do...also they told me it was very scared....no sh&^.

The worse thing is that my kids go out every morning to look for her :(

Jlude
05-20-2008, 12:48 AM
wtf

that's bs

eb0i
05-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Howcome they didn't call you when the dog was brought into the pound? Did it not have tags? Sorry about your loss though, that's ridiculous that they would put it down within only 4 days. :(

stunta666
05-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Did your dog have any tags?

Oldskool
05-20-2008, 10:37 AM
WTF really? was your dog not licenced? I know someone on my block who had her dogs taken to the pound, and the pound delivered both dogs to her front door within the next couple days.

lelalong
05-20-2008, 10:59 AM
If your dog was licensed, you should have been called. I'm sorry you lost her. :(

Our paranoia of losing our dog convinced us she needed to be microchipped, tattooed, licenced and I got tags from a national database in case she went missing when we travelled. I figure she brings a lot of happiness that paying the extra bit initially is worth it!

Kritafo
05-20-2008, 12:04 PM
sorry to hear of your loss.

We did the same...our is micro chipped, tattooed, licensed, name plates with address etc.

But it did take us 8 weeks to receive our city dog license.

fast3ddy
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
That's fuctup. Makes me mad!

Sorry about your loss.

Heff
05-20-2008, 12:42 PM

Did she have a tag? A License? A $10 tag from a pet store with your name and phone number on it?

I don't mean to be harsh, but items like these could have saved your dog's life.

And shelters don't have enough room for all the strays they pick up.

UndrgroundRider
05-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I would have to "euthanize" someone's kneecaps after shit like that. Sounds like there's an underlying story the pound is not telling you about. It's bullshit to put a dog down after 4 days. The dog was better off on the streets!

The sad thing is, if it weren't for the pound I can guarantee you the dog would've found its way back home. It probably strayed too far away, and some old haggy neighbour called the pound. Obviously they can't just let dogs roam wild, but your dog was well groomed, had a collar and was clearly from a loving family. There was no need to rush in a sweet dose of murder.

Heff
05-20-2008, 12:48 PM
http://tinyurl.com/5ff777

What happens to dogs picked up by Animal Control Officers?

The Animal Control Officers impound dogs found running at large. Officers will attempt to take the dog directly home if it is wearing identification. The officer will not be able to take the dog home if it is not currently licensed, if the owner information on our system is not up-to-date, if there is no one home at the time, or if there is no one over 18 at home to accept the dog.

Once the dogs are brought back to the Animal Services Centre they are checked for tattoos, microchips, examined for obvious health problems and placed in the kennels by our Animal Health Technologists. If the dog has identification, and the name and address of the owner are known, it is held for nine (9) days, while every effort is made to contact the owner. Dogs with identification that are not picked up by their owners are made available for adoption by the public on the tenth day.

If there is no identification on the dog, and the name and address of the owner are not known, the dog is held for three (3) days, becoming available for adoption on the fourth day.

All dogs are checked by a veterinarian and assessed for physical and behavioral problems before they are made available for adoption.

--------------------------------

Calgary bylaw: Unidentified dogs are held for 3 days.
Then put up for adoption, if no 'problems' are found.

Tip: IF you get a new puppy, go to petland or petsmart or petopia and get a $10 plastic tag with name, address, phone number on it for the collar right away.

rony_espana
05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider
I would have to "euthanize" someone's kneecaps after shit like that. Sounds like there's an underlying story the pound is not telling you about. It's bullshit to put a dog down after 4 days. The dog was better off on the streets!

The sad thing is, if it weren't for the pound I can guarantee you the dog would've found its way back home. It probably strayed too far away, and some old haggy neighbour called the pound. Obviously they can't just let dogs roam wild, but your dog was well groomed, had a collar and was clearly from a loving family. There was no need to rush in a sweet dose of murder.

Thats exactly what happened. Neighbor called. I just find it hard to believe that it was too aggressive. The dog did have a collar, tag and even a leash when it got away. But for some reason they informed me that they found it only with the collar, wtf?

rony_espana
05-20-2008, 02:49 PM
:closed: :closed:

TheOneAndOnly
05-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey man,

Sorry about your loss. That is really sad.. putting a 1 year old dog to sleep. I thought they always worked on rehabbing aggresive natured dogs.

Heff
05-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by TheOneAndOnly
Hey man,

Sorry about your loss. That is really sad.. putting a 1 year old dog to sleep. I thought they always worked on rehabbing aggresive natured dogs.

In a perfect world they might. Many people have little concept of just how many dogs go through animal services in any given month.

There just isn't room, or man-power, or pay dollars in a non-profit organization, to handle the demand.

Supa Dexta
05-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Time for a letter to the paper.. Include the leash part, the kids part.. etc... Thats unreal..

.. Leave your car somewheres for 4 days,, "oops sorry we had it crushed"... :dunno:

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Speechless is an understatement...

We had to have our dog euthanized almost two months ago, mind you he gave us over 12 years of love but to do that to an unsuspecting, lost and little puppy is animal cruelty, along with a couple of other choice words that come to mind...

I would definatly want to go to that pound and had a nice bone crushing chat with the person who did that to your dog...

Will there be another puppy joining your family?

BlackArcher101
05-20-2008, 06:35 PM
While sad, what do a lot of you expect animal control to do? Keep it in a kennel not knowing how long they will have to take care of it in the hopes someone will claim it? Ya right. Wtih the amount of animals that come through there, they are unable to keep them for very long. Either someone adopts it, or they euthanize. Unfortunately it has to be done.

rony_espana
05-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Heff

In a perfect world they might. Many people have little concept of just how many dogs go through animal services in any given month.

There just isn't room, or man-power, or pay dollars in a non-profit organization, to handle the demand.

I think those were the exact words the supervisor at the pound told me :(

Eleanor
05-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Wow, sorry to hear. :thumbsdow to the city on this one.

spikerS
05-20-2008, 11:40 PM
I took in a stray the other day, a grey scottish (maybe) terrier. we played with him on the front lawn for 4 hours on monday, hoping the owner would walk or drive by looking for it, but nothing. no collar or tags.

eventually we just took him to the 24 hour vet on 10th. We felt really bad doing it, but we did ask that if the dog was not claimed to please call us and let us know. Not that we need a 3rd dog or anything, but the wife was in tears when i left with him as she was hoping he would be claimed and not put to sleep.

Heff
05-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Time for a letter to the paper.. Include the leash part, the kids part.. etc... Thats unreal..

.. Leave your car somewheres for 4 days,, "oops sorry we had it crushed"... :dunno:

Hey, if you want to make a change try this:

Instead of bringing negative press onto animal services who struggle all the time with a lack of room, staff, and supplies to hold unidentified animals for extended periods (..which bad press might actually increase their difficulty getting funding to help more animals) try getting the paper to run an article indicating that because they lack resources, an innocent puppy didn't make it home - but donations from anyone can help prevent this sort of tragedy from happening again.

My full condolences to the pup's owners. I may have come off harsh in some of these posts, but if our little pup went bye-bye, we'd be crushed.

In fact, I think its time (for my wife and I) to make a donation of old towels and some Pet Smart coupons to animal services in Calgary this weekend.

stunta666
05-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Tags and a collar are not enough, you have to atleast have a tattoo for them to identify it.