PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run question

JordanEG6
05-14-2008, 03:02 PM
I recieved a note on the windshield of my Jeep after work. Apparently some lady saw some dude back into my Jeep, no damage but the note described that she saw what happened and that it was by a white SUV with whatever license plate number. Question: if I report it, to the police notify the owner right away or send him or her a letter or anything? I figure it isn't worth the trouble reporting, my Jeep is a beater and there was no damage as far as I could tell, I'm just curious.

gretz
05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
if there is any "damage" - the person responsible for causing it is responsible for fixing it. If there is no damage and your not trying to get anything out of it, forget it happened.

ps - your question isn't a question at all

JordanEG6
05-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I asked- if I choose to report it (which i won't) will the police notify the owners of the white SUV right away or send them a letter or what? Read the post '08.

Big_Dreamer
05-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
I asked- if I choose to report it (which i won't) will the police notify the owners of the white SUV right away or send them a letter or what? Read the post '08.
if there was damage then yea they will hunt down the person slap them with a ticket or 2 but i dinno didnt seem to work for me when it happened to me in december and i was the only other car in a parking lot the cops were suposed to notify me when they got the guy still no word 5 months later!

Eleanor
05-16-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm pretty sure they'll get into contact with the owner ASAP.

dannie
05-16-2008, 11:44 AM
They are obligated to get in contact with the owner. The cop then will have the choice to fine them with fail to stay at the scene of the accident.