PDA

View Full Version : 200hp jbody, sunfire "GTZ"?????

sandman
08-19-2003, 10:34 PM
saw a black sunfire, looked ok, but the guy says its running "190+" hp from just short ram intake, and dual exhaust, i dont get it, how? he says he has a "GTZ" engine in it??? ive never heard of this, make any sense to anyone?

ecstasy_civic
08-19-2003, 10:38 PM
beretta gtz is 190hp i think?? or 180 or something, neverpaid much attention but they can go.

i dont know why youd swap an old motor into a new car? why not turbo it or S/C it?

sandman
08-19-2003, 10:44 PM
nah the guy said it was a "stock" sunfire engine that was a special "GTZ" trim, the GTs are 155 hp, he says his "GTZ" engine and intake and exhaust made him 200hp, is there something like that out there???????

Boost Infested
08-19-2003, 10:45 PM
quad 4 engine from gtz...

factory rated at 190 but dynoed 140ish to the wheels. those things are S L O W! LOL.

sandman
08-19-2003, 10:51 PM
haha nvm then, the guy wa ssaying he could rip a Naturally Aspirated Z to pieces if its got a couple clicks on it...guess not

4DoorGTZ
08-19-2003, 11:15 PM
The "gtz" engine you guys talk of is the Quad Four. 180hp in most of the High Output forms. Came in a Beretta GTZ, some Grand Am's, some Achieva's.

190hp Quad Four engines only came in oldsmobiles, 1990 and 91 Calais 442's and 92/93 Achieva SCX's this is a special W41 option code, different cams and higher rev limiter, add 10hp.

in 1995 cavaliers and Sunfires could have came with the regular Quad Four (not the High Output) them and all Twin Cams since have been rated at 150hp.

BTW, the 180hp crank comes out at about 152hp at the wheels, Its been proven time and time again over on www.beretta.net

4DoorGTZ
08-19-2003, 11:19 PM
This person could also be ailing from "Dealer Sticker Sucker"

I've seen lots of cars out there with dealer applied stickers that have nothing to do with anything on the car, simply a ploy to sell that car as special.

I've seen Beretta SS's, Cavalier Z22's, Sunfire GTX's, Cavalier VLX's, the list goes on.

sandman
08-19-2003, 11:25 PM
oh..haha thanx for clearing that up for me man, yea i didnt thnk a Jbody could b at almost 200hp w/ just and intake and exhaust, ah well, idiots out there, lots of them...

Davan
08-19-2003, 11:57 PM
It's dealer rice. The dealer tacks on that crap, then advertises the intake and exhaust added 40 hp. And then they add 10 grand to the invoice.

Everyone knows it's bullshit.... except the sucker who ends up buying the car.

Ben
08-20-2003, 12:22 AM
Meh, I get alot of J-Bodies that roll up to me when I have my window down and try and BS a bunch of stuff (GTZ this and 'Lots of Engine Work' that...and then when they lose to me, they make sure that they are not next to me later on...funny how that works...:rolleyes:

xkon
08-20-2003, 12:57 AM
it could have 400 hp for all i care... unfortunately its still a cavalier

sandman
08-20-2003, 02:19 AM
very well said, i jus think i happened to stumble across one of the worse cases of jbody rice, when i started telling the guy that i dont think hes fast at all he said no way man we're mad fast, said something about beating type Rs, at tha point i jus started really doubting every word outta his mouth...

sxtasy
08-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Sunfire GTZ, came from Stampede pontiac. Most of them had body kits, hood with scoop, air intake, dual exhaust, stickers all over the place, not really a big fan of them but i guess some people like them. I just laugh at the people who think they are "SO HOT AND FAST"

4CylFiero
08-20-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm planning on putting GTZ trim on my fiero or rather stickers, but not before i swap in the motor that is. the W41 in some quads also had a LSD and a final drive ratio of 3.94 and they were very fast cars

Olds test results: 0-60 in 6.8 sec, ¼ mile in 14.6 sec (95.7 mph speed at trap).

I believe that is faster then a type R, truth be told is anyone can talk crap and it could all be true but you don't know until you look under the hood.

Not to ignite the flaming but domestics have just as much potential as imports it just it's harder to get parts to modify the cars, especially my car.

sxtasy
08-20-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by 4CylFiero
I'm planning on putting GTZ trim on my fiero or rather stickers, but not before i swap in the motor that is. the W41 in some quads also had a LSD and a final drive ratio of 3.94 and they were very fast cars

Olds test results: 0-60 in 6.8 sec, ¼ mile in 14.6 sec (95.7 mph speed at trap).

I believe that is faster then a type R, truth be told is anyone can talk crap and it could all be true but you don't know until you look under the hood.

Not to ignite the flaming but domestics have just as much potential as imports it just it's harder to get parts to modify the cars, especially my car. Nobody denied that domestics have potential. I love many domestic cars, and many of them are fast and some are faster than a lot of imports. The only thing that I think that a lot of people find funny are people who have a bunch of stickers on their sunfire and think they are totally hot shit. Of coarse their are many import riders that got a bunch of stickers and metal (or wood) spoilers on their cars and they get laughed at equally as much.

illeagle
09-06-2003, 03:38 AM
I saw this article in an import magazine. This guy took a 1998-ish Cavalier and he wants to put in a 3.8L supercharged V6, from a 1994 bonniville. He's got the sponsers and is hoping to have it running soon, But of course he won't stop there, underdrive pullys, hardpipe intake with K&N, chip, and a 100 shot of nitrous will be added to this 3-400 horspower Cavalier, Cool

Kona9
09-06-2003, 09:03 AM
hahaha only chicks and queers drive cavaliers.....hahahaha just kidding

Ashkente
09-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 4CylFiero
...it just it's harder to get parts to modify the cars, especially my car.

Dude, just drop a 350 smallblock :D

silverEL
09-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
hahaha only chicks and queers drive cavaliers.....hahahaha just kidding
STEERS and QUEERS:D

Illusionsir
09-07-2003, 05:31 PM
AND YOU DONT LOOK MUCH LIKE A COW!:D

would this happen to be a brown guy it the NW area?? if so, hes actually came to my house wanting to race me. :thumbsdow

ZorroAMG
09-08-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by xkon
it could have 400 hp for all i care... unfortunately its still a cavalier

I think that is quite the gay comment, since "it could have 400HP for all I care...unfortunately it's still a CIVIC/ACURA EL" has the exact same ring to it. J-body bashing is pretty ironic on this board....

sandman
09-08-2003, 08:36 AM
haha yea, hes in hawkwood, calls it a supposed Type R killer, hadnt been driving it for a awhile, but now back on the road tooling more and more ppl :rofl:

xkon
09-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

I think that is quite the gay comment, since "it could have 400HP for all I care...unfortunately it's still a CIVIC/ACURA EL" has the exact same ring to it. J-body bashing is pretty ironic on this board....

not really, i had 2 cavaliers and they where absolute JUNK... ive had 3 acuras and with 200k are still tight. they have never let me down... personal opinion, cavaliers (that i have had anyhow) have poor build quality, acuras (that i have had) do NOT.

so whether it has 130 or 400, its still a cavalier, one of the best selling new cars in north america, one of the WORST second hand cars you can get. I wonder how the new civics quality is these days, now that they are #1... ive driven 2 2002-03's in the last week, and thye also seemed to have poor build quality... we'll see i guess

ZorroAMG
09-08-2003, 10:22 AM
I am not talking about quality myself and in your post you weren't either. You said that even if it had 400HP it is still a cavalier...meaning an econobox. Civics ( and yes your EL is also a glorified civic with leather..no offense) are econoboxes as well, not performance sports sedans or coupes. This brings me back to my original post where the two types of cars are similar in perfromance from factory, and that neither car owner has the right to make fun of the other.

Illusionsir
09-08-2003, 10:37 AM
im not disagreeing with anyone here but hasnt this argument been reviewed about a million times on beyond???

benyl
09-08-2003, 10:44 AM
I have found that the fit and finish on American made Honda/Acuras isn't great. I compared a TL to a TSX. The TL looked like shit. The door lock knob was crooked among other things.

A friend of mine has a Sunfire with 250,000 km on it... hasn't had a single problem. Sure, the interior is cheap but the engine is quite durable.

It is so funny how people think that Honda is the greatest. I like Hondas, I have a Honda, but I will never buy an American built Honda again.

It is so funny to see people bash J-bodies when they are driving a civic. "A civic SIR or Type R is STILL a civic." <-- I am going to get flamed for that! hahahha.

ZorroAMG
09-08-2003, 10:59 AM
yeah the argument has gone on a lot here but it is still true.....

method
09-08-2003, 01:09 PM
I saw zorro yesterday on 17th.. nice mobile

ZorroAMG
09-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks Meth :)

GTS Jeff
09-08-2003, 08:52 PM
how typical

sandman
09-10-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
how typical
what is typical? sorry im lost lol

Ben
09-10-2003, 11:33 PM
roasted another J-body tonight thinkin he was fast...thought he could vere through traffic, cutting people off and get away with it...I sure made him feel slow after thinking he was fast...and he even did the flyby when I turned off to make it look like he overtook me...:thumbsdow

sandman
09-11-2003, 12:11 AM
haha well done, i swaer these fags never learn lol, 2.4L I 4 and onlt 150 hp, how sad is that, on a 2003, a 97 prelude on a 2.2 does 200, and not to mention how ugly j bodies are, even after some mods ot the body, jobdies are like, what riced out civic driveres laugh at...

Cueman
09-11-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
AND YOU DONT LOOK MUCH LIKE A COW!:D

would this happen to be a brown guy it the NW area?? if so, hes actually came to my house wanting to race me. :thumbsdow

He came to your house! OMFG.

I've seen him in the NW also.

gpomp
09-11-2003, 08:16 AM
J-bodies are afraid to race me in my stock looking DX. :(

403Gemini
09-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Stock 2.2 95 Cav
vs
Stock 95 Civic Dx

who would win?

(im just curious)

i THINK the chev has more HP but theres a lot more to a car than horsepower heh (cept when it comes to mustangs lol)

sandman
09-11-2003, 03:48 PM
weight
torque
hp
the driver
drivetrain
the diff, well, given that both are weak cars, i guess no1s in need of an LSD

Ben
09-12-2003, 12:22 AM
I miss LSD! :(

Illusionsir
09-12-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Cueman

He came to your house! OMFG.

I've seen him in the NW also.

I swear to god, and he rolled up on nice shinny roller blades to! lol

GTS Jeff
09-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Stock 2.2 95 Cav
vs
Stock 95 Civic Dx

who would win?

(im just curious)

i THINK the chev has more HP but theres a lot more to a car than horsepower heh (cept when it comes to mustangs lol)

Originally posted by sandman
weight
torque
hp
the driver
drivetrain
the diff, well, given that both are weak cars, i guess no1s in need of an LSD

one factor that u forget is how many pounds of boost each car is running. :devil:

4wheeldrift
09-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
(cept when it comes to mustangs lol) Mustangs turn and stop too, even if 95% of their owners don't.

4wheeldrift
09-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by benyl

It is so funny to see people bash J-bodies when they are driving a civic. &quot;A civic SIR or Type R is STILL a civic.&quot; &lt;-- I am going to get flamed for that! hahahha. Do yourself a favor and start doing some research into the R cars. About the only thing they have in common with a "regular" civic or "regular' integra is the body panelling. Even the floor pans are different.

ZorroAMG
09-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Mustangs turn and stop too, even if 95% of their owners don't.

ohhh.. c'mon now...we all know they can turn and stop

Like shit ;)

4wheeldrift
09-12-2003, 07:00 PM

ohhh.. c'mon now...we all know they can turn and stop

*super snip*

Like shit ;) Stop yes, I was surprised at how well they turned though. Only thing really wrong with how they turn is how damn slow the steering is.

GTS Jeff
09-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Stop yes, I was surprised at how well they turned though. Only thing really wrong with how they turn is how damn slow the steering is. hey hey, turning and spinning like a top are two different things! those mustangs love to fly into corners assfirst

4wheeldrift
09-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
hey hey, turning and spinning like a top are two different things! those mustangs love to fly into corners assfirst Only if you don't know how to drive :rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
09-13-2003, 03:05 AM
Only if you don't know how to drive :rolleyes: most people dont.

Spenser
09-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Mustangs haul ass, everyone here can't deny that, I think that any domestic "performance car" ie..mustang, corvette, are fucking fast, like hardocre fast, the problem is they are damn expensive. now the econobox(shitbox) domestics ie..caValiers(and every other domestic of previous years) are slow and inefficient, and not to metion ugly. Thats the difference between the import, the little 1.6s and even the 1.5s can move, and look good, not to metion are fairly easy and less expensive to alter(and maintain) then domestics. Besides, who wants to be driving a car designed for women anyway

it's a car, drive it.

finboy
09-13-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Spenser
Mustangs haul ass, everyone here can't deny that, I think that any domestic &quot;performance car&quot; ie..mustang, corvette, are fucking fast, like hardocre fast, the problem is they are damn expensive

:confused:

Wildcat
09-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Mustangs haul ass, everyone here can't deny that, I think that any domestic &quot;performance car&quot; ie..mustang, corvette, are fucking fast, like hardocre fast, the problem is they are damn expensive. now the econobox(shitbox) domestics ie..caValiers(and every other domestic of previous years) are slow and inefficient, and not to metion ugly. Thats the difference between the import, the little 1.6s and even the 1.5s can move, and look good, not to metion are fairly easy and less expensive to alter(and maintain) then domestics. Besides, who wants to be driving a car designed for women anyway

it's a car, drive it.

:rolleyes: spenser......... zip it

GTS Jeff
09-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Mustangs haul ass, everyone here can't deny that, I think that any domestic &quot;performance car&quot; ie..mustang, corvette, are fucking fast, like hardocre fast, the problem is they are damn expensive. now the econobox(shitbox) domestics ie..caValiers(and every other domestic of previous years) are slow and inefficient, and not to metion ugly. Thats the difference between the import, the little 1.6s and even the 1.5s can move, and look good, not to metion are fairly easy and less expensive to alter(and maintain) then domestics. Besides, who wants to be driving a car designed for women anyway

it's a car, drive it. your generalizations dont work.

Jlee
09-14-2003, 12:57 AM
GTZ boy asked me how fast my z24 was tonight and then screamed off. LOL

ZorroAMG
09-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Spenser, you are sixteen.....at sixteen, PS2 is expensive...you cannot speak as though you really know cars until you actually drive one, go find Nemo or something.

Wildcat
09-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Spenser, you are sixteen.....at sixteen, PS2 is expensive...you cannot speak as though you really know cars until you actually drive one, go find Nemo or something.

nemo.... :rofl: