PDA

View Full Version : Good old deoderant

pome902
05-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Well I work out alot, about every morning or so.
Im just wondering what some good anti-persperaints or deoderants are.
Im getting sick of having that wet feeling in my pits during and just after I work out.
Any you guys might recomend ?

The Cosworth
05-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I LOVE my old spice

Sailz
05-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I like Axe Dry...specifically the Clix scent.

pome902
05-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I use old spice Anti and its a solid white stick,
i hate it because its horrible with black shirts
and the deoderant old spice original leaves my pits wet , along with the anti.

The Cosworth
05-15-2008, 06:31 PM
^^ i have the high endurance stick, is a gel and seems to work quite well.

pome902
05-15-2008, 06:33 PM
gillette gell is horrible .
Ill try that high endurance gel though
Ill take a quik run to super store later tonight and pick u a couple different sticks =D

Kloubek
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
They all seem to have the same amount of active ingredient, so I don't think any will truly provide better "protection" over the other. But as the product dissolves they may have varying results...

bigbadboss101
05-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Axe and Tag cost twice as much. Good marketing.

Canmorite
05-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Axe and Tag cost twice as much. Good marketing.

'Brown' in a can.

JRSC00LUDE
05-16-2008, 10:51 AM
I hate how sticks ruin your shirts. Always get that damn staining in the ol' underarm area and it doesn't seem to wash out after awhile.... :dunno:

Hayate
05-16-2008, 03:35 PM
well i use old spice high endurance, its the only thing i can use that actually works good, and doesnt stain your shirt

smells pretty good too

Gondi Stylez
05-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Mitchum (sp?) Gel... but it does stain sometimes :banghead:

swak
05-17-2008, 12:12 AM
i use adidas..
works well, it feels the same as it would without it, smells good.
I like it

badatusrnames
05-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Drysol. Works wonders. You won't have to worry about underarm perspiration again...

theken
05-17-2008, 01:37 AM
gillette clinical works for me and i am a fatty

pinoyhero
05-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite

'Brown' in a can.

ROFLCOPTER

Pacman
05-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I hate how sticks ruin your shirts. Always get that damn staining in the ol' underarm area and it doesn't seem to wash out after awhile.... :dunno:

I hate that as well. I've had to toss out lots of nice white dress shirts over the years because of the staining of antiperspirants.

S13_Ryan
05-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by brendankharris
I LOVE my old spice

Ay-men. old spice FTW, any of the ones with the blue clear stick works phenominal. Ive been on the 3 packs from superstore for a couple years now and never had a complaint.

DragZilla
05-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by S13_Ryan

Ay-men. old spice FTW, any of the ones with the blue clear stick works phenominal. Ive been on the 3 packs from superstore for a couple years now and never had a complaint.

I use to use the blue stick old spice, but with a white shirt I got blue stains in the pit area... FAIL

SkittleFreak
05-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Old Spice High Endurance FTW

Don't use anti-perspirant when excersising though.

You need to sweat to keep your body cool :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
05-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Nothing beats Mitchum.

Impreza
05-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Kiehls for me. Doesn't bleach your shirts!

bituerbo
05-17-2008, 06:48 PM
I've heard good things about Mitchum, but I was browsing through the store and the antiperspirant with the highest amount of aluminum zirconium (the active ingredient) was Arm and Hammer.

I started using it maybe a year ago, and it's the best product I've been able to find - and my perspiration issues are probably worse than anyone on this site's.

Plus it sells for $2.25 a stick. Eat that Axe fanboys.

03ozwhip
05-17-2008, 08:41 PM
blue armpits and white shirts dont mix. i dont feel so fresh in my white tees anymore.... i need something good for white shirts what do you guys think?

r0g3r
05-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Kiehls for me. Doesn't bleach your shirts!

who is that girl in your avatar? I've seen a picture before but never knew the name.

rmk
05-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Speed Stick. Ocean Surf. 4 pack. Costco. Never let me down.

:thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
05-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by bituerbo
I've heard good things about Mitchum, but I was browsing through the store and the antiperspirant with the highest amount of aluminum zirconium (the active ingredient) was Arm and Hammer.

I thought aluminum was the ingredient that was bad for you. I have a couple things sitting around, but I hardly sweat, and only smell when I'm really working/sweating for long hours. So I'm lucky in that way I guess, since it doesn't really matter what I wear, as long as it has a good smell to it.

Tik-Tok
05-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

I thought aluminum was the ingredient that was bad for you.

It's horrible for you. I don't buy anything with aluminum in it. Or anti-antiperspirant, it's bad for you as well.

I use Old Spice. If I work out, I put some on before, and then some on right after post-workout shower.

Mixalot27
05-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
Mitchum (sp?) Gel... but it does stain sometimes :banghead:

:werd: This is my favorite so far, it seem crazy strong. I can go 2 - 3 days without showering or reapplying this on a camping trip or whatever, and I can still smell it. Definitely some long lasting shit.

On a side note, my buddy tried this stuff out and it gave him a pretty bad burn/rash under his armpits. Don't know whats up with that, maybe he is allergic or something, but yeah it works good for me.

Kritafo
05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
oxi clean will get the stains in your shirts out. Follow the directions though.

All anti-antiperspirants and deodorants work differently for everyone. Boy you think Mitchum is good now...you should have used their old formula, or their cream....yeah it's gross to use but is very effective. I used it when I was a dancer.

I just had my husband switch to the clinical strength Gillette, not because he has major BO but when he uses deodorant in the morning it bothers his underarm skin. If he used regular deodorant before bed it doesn't last all day. He has noted that even riding his bike to work in the morning he doesn't need to reapply anything.

BigMass
05-20-2008, 09:08 AM
anybody worried about the aluminum content in antiperspirants that may be absorbed through your armpits? Or any danger in clogging that area up? I don't think i could live without wearing antiperspirant but there are a lot of people saying that you should use nothing.

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
I LOVE my old spice

+1

Old Spice, but make sure its dry, so the white powdery looking bar... i avoid the gels and i avoid the blue/green sticks. Get the ones that look like bars of soap in a stick and you're good to go.