PDA

View Full Version : What you look for when hiring a REALTOR

tm.88
05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
As i have just got into the industry i am constantly looking for ways to market myself. I have found that some people like the fact that someone who is new to the industry (assuming they know what they are doing) can offer better customer service in terms of not being as busy as other Realtor.

I am curious if you (beyond members) look for someone ; who has been around a long time, someone who has bus stop signs everywhere, or if you just pull a name out of a hat... lol!

Thanks for your responses.

dj_rice
05-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Word of mouth/referrals

black_2.5RS
05-17-2008, 10:44 PM
As a realtor, I would encourage you to be very energetic and enthusiastic when someone walks into a home you are trying to sell. Many times i've walked into an open house and the realtor is literally just sitting on his / her butt and hands me a spec sheet, then goes back to doing whatever. No "so what did you think?", no seeing us out the door - nothing. I honestly use open houses to help decide which realtor I want to use when I sell my 3 houses sometime either this year or next year. If they do a crappy job marketing the home during someone else's open house, chances are they'd do the same for me.

This applies to greeting people no matter how young, old or otherwise they look. You never know someone's financial position or if they are more interested in you - as a realtor to help sell their next home.

canuckcarguy
05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
I tend to look for realtors that don't spam forums while pretending to be looking for information, then posting their free ad below their text. Just my opinion.

tm.88
05-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
I tend to look for realtors that don't spam forums while pretending to be looking for information, then posting their free ad below their text. Just my opinion.

Good to know, however more oppinions have directed me the other way, i have recieved many PMs for advice. So i apologize if you do not like that and i do not mean to spam the boards. If you read all of my posts, they have contained information. not just one word replys to get my signature out there.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.