PDA

View Full Version : Why do people flash their highbeams at me!!

Bimmer88
05-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Alright, this is starting to piss me off...

Here I am driving a BMW and you'd think I'D BE THE DOUCHEBAG!

WELL! wtf, I've had in the past 3 days 4 cars including sunfires, civics, trucks etc...

flashing their f*cking highbeams at my face or slow down purposly and get behind me and flash me from behind.

God damn people! wtf.

redblack
05-17-2008, 12:01 AM
headlights aimed too high?

Bimmer88
05-17-2008, 12:08 AM
My projector headlights? I don't think so... their pretty low... like if I was 20ft away from you the cutoff line would be at the edge of your trunklid (top).

I honestly don't know..... -_-

Team_Mclaren
05-17-2008, 12:12 AM
because your ricer fucking headlights are aiming EVERYWHERE as opposed to the road. People dont give a shit on what you drive, but if your headlights are in their face, they get blinded, pissed off and flash you.

Accord_tunerx
05-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
because your ricer fucking headlights are aiming EVERYWHERE as opposed to the road. People dont give a shit on what you drive, but if your headlights are in their face, they get blinded, pissed off and flash you.

:rofl: :rofl:

It's actually a JDM thing, when someone wants to race you , they flash their highbeam at you. Haven't you played Tokyo Extreme Racer?

Proyecto2000
05-17-2008, 12:18 AM
if your headlights are in their face, they get blinded, pissed off and flash you.

:werd:

Bimmer88
05-17-2008, 12:31 AM
P46's are ricy? and aim everywhere? lol....

How friggin low do I have to aim these things... lol like until I can only see like 2 ft in front wtf is wrong with ppl. And PLUS Trucks point their headlights at people's faces all the time.

C4S
05-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Come on !!

I would love to see someone is flashing their headlight to me!!

It means .. there is a POLICE in front!

You dont know that common rule ? when u see a RCMP .. who is hiding and catching speeding .. you should flash your hight beam to warm other people too ..
There are TONS of RCMP hiding last 3 or 4 days .. that is why .. u see people flashing their high beam all the time! you dont see it in winter .. since no RCMP will try to set speeding trap ..

that is driving 101 .. :dunno:

forced_eg
05-17-2008, 02:00 AM
stoplight switch broken?? i only flash (blind) if theres a chev 3/4 ton with their high beams on in front, or if some fuckbags tails are out... is your car lowered though??? if it is, every truck out there will seem like their high's are on, if not??? then you must be an asshat driver that gives them a reason to high beam...

Tik-Tok
05-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88
My projector headlights? I don't think so... their pretty low... like if I was 20ft away from you the cutoff line would be at the edge of your trunklid (top).

Have you gone into a shop to get them properly aligned? Or did you just do the swap yourself and guestimate it?

DonJuan
05-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx

It's actually a JDM thing, when someone wants to race you , they flash their highbeam at you. Haven't you played Tokyo Extreme Racer?

:werd: I love doin that to ricers! FREAKIN HILARIOUS!!!

Originally posted by C4S

Come on !!

You dont know that common rule ? when u see a RCMP .. who is hiding and catching speeding .. you should flash your hight beam to warm other people too ..
There are TONS of RCMP hiding last 3 or 4 days .. that is why .. u see people flashing their high beam all the time! you dont see it in winter .. since no RCMP will try to set speeding trap ..

that is driving 101 ..

I know, I wish more people did it. I do it, eventhough it is illegal in Alberta. It is commonplace in BC. My ass has been saved many times by those caring motorists in BC.

rc2002
05-17-2008, 10:09 AM

Please aim your headlights properly.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

I would do the same thing these people are if I encountered you on the road too.

Ichigo
05-17-2008, 10:52 AM
or it could just be the crappy calgary roads. I keep thinking I'm getting high beamed.. Turns out its just potholes and bumps that are throwing the other cars around.

rp_guy
05-17-2008, 11:08 AM

that says right there they are way off.

ZMan2k2
05-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Everyone is trying to get you to stop so that they can compliment you on your "Ultimate Driving Machine." They just want to be able to tell their friends that they've actually talked to someone who drives such a superior automobile.

topmade
05-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I can't believe that you wouldn't guess that it's your headlights. Like WTF do you think these people are flashing you for? Complementing you on your ride? I don't think so. I had the same issue with my projectors. When I thought I had them set right, I kept on getting flashes, so I slowly adjusted them lower and lower until I stopped getting flashes.

As for the people who get behind you and flash, maybe your stop lights are dead, your reverse lights are stuck, or mabye you have a habbit of cutting people off.

Lex350
05-17-2008, 02:06 PM

Here I am driving a BMW....

well I'm glad you cleared that up.:rolleyes:

luxor
05-17-2008, 06:45 PM

yo buddy lower your fucking lights, from what i understand your cutoff is TOO HIGH. It should not be above the line of a sedan's bumper. If you are hitting the trunk anywhere its too high. Thats what happens when people buy these shitty ass after market projector lights and think they are good to go. The OEM bmw projectors are self leveling and most importantly their aimed properly, yours do neither so therefore these P46's are shitty and ricey.

weeznah
05-17-2008, 08:28 PM
maybe your hid's are just to bright and people think you running with high beams on...

nightfx
05-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Turns out you're the douche after all... ;)

Daan
05-17-2008, 08:48 PM
in Europe it means slow down, cops ahead

TorqueDog
05-18-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll flash my brights from behind for the following reasons:
1. You're in the passing lane and I intend on overtaking you. Please move over.
2. You just cut me off. I normally won't flash my brights so much as I'll turn them on for a couple seconds, then turn them off.

I'll flash my brights from the front for the follow reasons:
1. Your high-beams are on/headlamps are not on at all.
2. There's a speed trap on your side of traffic.

funkedelic
05-18-2008, 01:41 PM

i love that game!

GQBalla
05-18-2008, 02:49 PM
maybe they arent flashing their highbeams at you and are merely hitting bumps in the road temporary having their lights up for a little bit.
or like above has said warn you of something, headlight glare.

orrrr its cause you drive a bimmer and they are all jealous.:rofl:

n1zm0
05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by C4S
Come on !!

this is the nicest thing one person can do while driving, i have been saved on the highway and occasionally in the city from at least 6 photo radars/speed traps thanks to other drivers, everyone should do it :thumbsup:

or

your damned 'showcar' quality 'HIDs' are blinding the fk out of other drivers, did you happen to do your headlight aiming in the hills of Marda Loop or what?

on a side note, a beef of mine: you people driving with your HIDs on at 12 in the afternoon, please explain :banghead: (excluding the american imported cars needing DRLs)

TomcoPDR
05-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Why don't we clear this up and have the OP take a photo of his headlights at night.

TorqueDog
05-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
on a side note, a beef of mine: you people driving with your HIDs on at 12 in the afternoon, please explain :banghead: (excluding the american imported cars needing DRLs) My headlamps automatically come on when the car is started. [shrug] And it's a Canadian car.

max_boost
05-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Bimmer88 is really making a name for himself on here! LOL :banghead: :rofl:

88jbody
05-18-2008, 06:12 PM
all bimmer owners are the same... they think they are too good to have to dim thier lights for the rest of us:drama:

n1zm0
05-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
My headlamps automatically come on when the car is started. [shrug] And it's a Canadian car.

your DRLs or headlights?

luxor
05-18-2008, 06:48 PM

on a side note, a beef of mine: you people driving with your HIDs on at 12 in the afternoon, please explain :banghead: (excluding the american imported cars needing DRLs)

There is only two explanations for that:

1) Many cars use the headlights and headlights only (HID & halogen) as DRL's. I don't know why because there is the high beam or aux lights that are suppose to be used as DRL's as halogen bulbs are cheaper, but i've seen cars from factory like that or probably just US cars like you said. The park lights and dash lights are not on just the headlights.

2) Ricers! they think their 6000K HID's are so cool in their halogen projector housings that they feel the need to show how awesomely blue their lights are.

rp_guy
05-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by luxor

There is only two explanations for that:

1) Many cars use the headlights and headlights only (HID & halogen) as DRL's. I don't know why because there is the high beam or aux lights that are suppose to be used as DRL's as halogen bulbs are cheaper, but i've seen cars from factory like that or probably just US cars like you said. The park lights and dash lights are not on just the headlights.

2) Ricers! they think their 6000K HID's are so cool in their halogen projector housings that they feel the need to show how awesomely blue their lights are.

usually it's #2 unless you got some auto headlights like the TL

And PS. the correct aim is @ 25ft, the cutoff is 2" below the bulb height in your housing. which you are obviously way off from.

Numi
05-18-2008, 07:46 PM

:werd: noobs...

also works on tokyo dirft.:burnout:

AE92_TreunoSC
05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
I aim my bmw's xenons at 25 feet exactly, and I only got flashed once in the last year by accident.

I dont even use my highbeams for night driving under 90kph, they are just overkill on these cars. But I guess its good for lighting up the ditch.

TorqueDog
05-18-2008, 09:03 PM
your DRLs or headlights? Headlights. Angel eyes and projectors.

wintonyk
05-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by C4S
Come on !!

haha this is soo true. When I was driving on the transcanada, i must have been spared from 2 or 3 tickets because people were flashing me to warn me

Bimmer88
05-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Bimmer88 is really making a name for himself on here! LOL :banghead: :rofl:

I agree....

I've always made a name for myself sigh.... Some people.

Okay I will re-aim at 25ft thanks for that tutorial btw.

What's up with you people on Beyond, and BMW drivers? I'm sure you've cleared this one up once already, but really sterotyping is not cool.

I was just looking to some advice as to why people flash me and I don't drive like a douche with my frigging highbeams on like some people in their sunfires!

Anyways besides that, thanks for the help. And thanks to those of you that constantly like to flame me because I drive a BMW and considered a douchebag, and stupid or shall I say dumb.

So in other words those who drive BMW's and are seeking advice are considered "Stupid". Honestly I thought I had my aim correct since I compared it to my buddies BMW. Guess not. Might as well tell him his aim is off too even though his are stock projectors.

Lex350
05-19-2008, 09:46 AM

I agree....

I've always made a name for myself sigh.... Some people.

Okay I will re-aim at 25ft thanks for that tutorial btw.

What's up with you people on Beyond, and BMW drivers? I'm sure you've cleared this one up once already, but really sterotyping is not cool.

I was just looking to some advice as to why people flash me and I don't drive like a douche with my frigging highbeams on like some people in their sunfires!

Anyways besides that, thanks for the help. And thanks to those of you that constantly like to flame me because I drive a BMW and considered a douchebag, and stupid or shall I say dumb.

So in other words those who drive BMW's and are seeking advice are considered "Stupid". Honestly I thought I had my aim correct since I compared it to my buddies BMW. Guess not. Might as well tell him his aim is off too even though his are stock projectors.

"Here I am driving a BMW and you'd think I'D BE THE DOUCHEBAG!"

this sums it up. Its not that you drive one. Its that you have to tell us you do....what's the use? You're probably to self absorbed to get it.

ZorroAMG
05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
+1 for stupidity ban.

Bimmer88
05-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
+1 for stupidity ban.

I don't need to get banned again... it'll be the 4th time. Okay no more stupid posts....

CivicDXR
05-19-2008, 01:10 PM
^wow, 4 times... that explains it now... :nut:

TomcoPDR
05-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Start registering 10 other user names, so in 2012 you'll still be an '08. Or do you already have some '05, '06 saved up? :rofl: kidding :poosie:

Altezza
05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
If oncoming traffic is high-beaming you and it's interfering with your vision, perhaps it's time to tint the front windshield even darker.

Bimmer88
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
If oncoming traffic is high-beaming you and it's interfering with your vision, perhaps it's time to tint the front windshield even darker.

Only Elliot does that with his Bimmer.. I'm not that crazy...

and AGAIN! 2 people tonight except there was this one guy driving a honda 92, high-beams me all the way from canyon meadows to deerfoot! wtf...

and I was beside him the whole time, no where behind him, nor in front.

The funny thing is I lowered my aim 2 inches... and it's basically below your rear bumper... like wtf... are my cut offs that bad or what?

_____/ŻŻŻŻŻ_____/ŻŻŻŻŻ

and next time someone decides to do it I'm gonna slam on my brakes especially if your taillgating me with your highbeams. Then we'll see who the real douchebag is!

Okay is there someone nice enough on here that'll give me a hand out in aiming my lights? I'll buy you a case of beer or something... this is pissing me off... I've aimed them over and over like wtf am I not getting here... I need help!

Redlyne_jr
05-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Start registering 10 other user names, so in 2012 you'll still be an '08. Or do you already have some '05, '06 saved up? :rofl: kidding :poosie:

haha thats funny

TomcoPDR
05-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Post a picture of ur lights Bimmer88 (at night, shinning at a wall), maybe we can help u better/opinions.

Lex350
05-20-2008, 08:25 AM

and next time someone decides to do it I'm gonna slam on my brakes especially if your taillgating me with your highbeams. Then we'll see who the real douchebag is!

yes, yes we will see who the douche-bag is...like there was any doubt.

keep digging the hole!

Toms-SC
05-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
+1 for stupidity ban.

In on dis

Kona9
05-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Maybe you should not modify a vehicle if you don't know what you are doing!

USED1
05-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Maybe they are flashing their lights at you from behind because you are one of those useless fucks that drives slow in the fast lane.

If it bothers you that their lights are shining in on you, move the fuck over. :banghead: :banghead:

stunta666
05-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
^wow, 4 times... that explains it now... :nut:

DonJuan
05-20-2008, 12:44 PM

I don't need to get banned again... it'll be the 4th time. Okay no more stupid posts.... \

rediculars!

luxor
05-20-2008, 08:30 PM

oh WOW what an idiot! no further comments. :thumbsdow

Originally posted by Kona9
Maybe you should not modify a vehicle if you don't know what you are doing!

Especially not with those piece of shit $250 each projector headlights (p46). There is a reason why OEM hid headlights cost over $2000. I understand your base model bmw didn't come with the oem hids as you probably bought it used but because your car didn't come with HID's, don't go installing some useless junk, go oem or go home.

I'm willing to bet your light beam slopes upwards instead of down, that means the further away your lights shine the higher they will "project". Simply put they don't shine DOWN to the ground like they should.

But it gets better; When you put stuff in the trunk or lower your car, your newly adjusted beam would be way off again because you don't have self leveling hid's. You might as well crank the beam down very low to the ground since you don't like to be blinded by other as much as you like to blind them and your hid bulbs that are paired with some shitty halogen projectors are basically useless anyways.
:zzz:

TorqueDog
05-20-2008, 09:08 PM
and next time someone decides to do it I'm gonna slam on my brakes especially if your taillgating me with your highbeams. Then we'll see who the real douchebag is!Now hold on just a second.

As much as I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, what the fuck is this rubbish you're talking? Some guy is tailgating you, and you decide that you'll 'show them', and slam on your brakes? "But it'll be his fault!" Yeah, but you could end up severely injured or even dead. But yeah, you'll show them for tailgating you!

I've never understood this train of thought. If someone's behind you, flashing their brights, MOVE THE HELL OVER. END OF STORY.

Ske7ches
05-20-2008, 09:26 PM

and AGAIN! 2 people tonight except there was this one guy driving a honda 92, high-beams me all the way from canyon meadows to deerfoot! wtf...

Maybe the tinting in your car made your eyes sensitive to normal lights? I dont think he'd high-beam you that long. :dunno:

Bimmer88
05-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Now hold on just a second.

As much as I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, what the fuck is this rubbish you're talking? Some guy is tailgating you, and you decide that you'll 'show them', and slam on your brakes? "But it'll be his fault!" Yeah, but you could end up severely injured or even dead. But yeah, you'll show them for tailgating you!

I've never understood this train of thought. If someone's behind you, flashing their brights, MOVE THE HELL OVER. END OF STORY.

Okay maybe I missed a part of my story because I was furious. I switched from the left lane to the right lane, and he still tail-gated me.

And persisted on doing so until we hit a red light and that f*cker didn't even want to face me when I rolled down my window to ask him "Excuse me, but why did you drive with your high beams on?"

He just went forward until I was out of his viewing range. So I said to myself forget this irrogant prick that can't man-up.

Anyways... buddy of mine that drive the JDM CRX was infront and was behind to see what the heck the problem was. So he noted that its whenever I go over bumps the beams flash up REALLY high into his face and its very noticeable.

So I pulled into Crappy's Tires parking lot in the back, and aimed them even lower at 25 ft. So its should all be good now.

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
have you checked that your brake lights work when you step on the brakes, or had your speedo calibrated. Maybe you think your doing 80 but really your doing 60

iblizzard
05-20-2008, 10:18 PM

Wait a minute... I thought stereotyping wasn't cool?

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard
Wait a minute... I thought stereotyping wasn't cool? Well, FWIW, he DID say 'some', not all.

There just seems to be a LOT of BMW driver hate. Truth be known, there are plenty of idiot drivers out there, and it doesn't matter what they're driving.

luxor
05-21-2008, 03:15 PM

There just seems to be a LOT of BMW driver hate. Truth be known, there are plenty of idiot drivers out there, and it doesn't matter what they're driving.

:whocares:

It's the internet's opinion, i drive a bmw and could careless if people think i'm a douche ( i don't drive like one either). Maybe you should deny that you drive a bmw if it bothers you that much.

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by luxor
:whocares:

It's the internet's opinion, i drive a bmw and could careless if people think i'm a douche ( i don't drive like one either). Maybe you should deny that you drive a bmw if it bothers you that much. I was expanding on bimmer88's observation. I'm barely on this forum, some Beyonder's opinion of me because of the car I drive when they've never met me before is hardly any concern of mine, I assure you.

jegger69
05-26-2008, 10:58 AM
can i have the 5 min of my life back that it took to read this thred?
:drama: :whocares: :whocares: :whocares: :whocares:

90trex
05-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by C4S
Come on !!

:werd: finally someone isnt retarded HELP OTHERS OUT

jegger69
05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that would be a great point and all but he is getting flashed from behind. unless there radar spidy sences are tingaling lol

g-m
05-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I really don't understand all the hate:dunno:
after the first post he made an honest effort

Palmiros
05-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Just tint your windshield.. that way flashing lights won't bother you as much. I mean, you're obviously not a dumbass, you're driving a BMW.

dimi
05-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by C4S

Yea but you can get a ticket for "warning" others now too...as of this year. Correct me if I am wrong, but I did hear this on the radio.

DonJuan
05-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by dimi

Yea but you can get a ticket for "warning" others now too...as of this year. Correct me if I am wrong, but I did hear this on the radio.

I think this has been around for a while, and it is stupid. As they said on Top Gear, they are giving tickets for being a human being, and helping fellow motorists.

zieg
05-31-2008, 12:59 PM
How exactly do they catch you? I've never seen a cop sitting down stream of a speed trap just waiting for people to flash their highbeams...?

Hell, I do it all the time too.

rice_balls
05-31-2008, 01:31 PM
If you think you pointed your lights low enough it's probably just the bumps in the roads because IMO BMW lights are really annoying when they are behind me and they go over some bumps. It really shines in my eyes.

You can try to adjust your side view mirror so when they high beam, you can shine that right back in their face. Or just put a mirror in your rear window :dunno:

lewdvig
05-31-2008, 01:37 PM

Here I am driving a BMW and you'd think I'D BE THE DOUCHEBAG!

WELL! wtf, I've had in the past 3 days 4 cars including sunfires, civics, trucks etc...

flashing their f*cking highbeams at my face or slow down purposly and get behind me and flash me from behind.

God damn people! wtf.

Some people get homicidal rage from having poorly setup HID ripping into their corneas. Good luck to you if you run into one of them. Better keep your car doors locked.

95teetee
05-31-2008, 02:17 PM

there was this one guy driving a honda 92, high-beams me all the way from canyon meadows to deerfoot! wtf...

and I was beside him the whole time, no where behind him, nor in front.

so if I get this correct, a guy who was right beside you ("I was beside him the whole time, no where behind him, nor in front") was directing his high beams at you?
:dunno:

lewdvig
05-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by rice_balls
If you think you pointed your lights low enough it's probably just the bumps in the roads because IMO BMW lights are really annoying when they are behind me and they go over some bumps. It really shines in my eyes.

You can try to adjust your side view mirror so when they high beam, you can shine that right back in their face. Or just put a mirror in your rear window :dunno:

Like in Goldfinger!

bart
05-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I'll flash my brights from behind for the following reasons:
1. You're in the passing lane and I intend on overtaking you. Please move over.

actually, you should turn on your left blinker... that is the true euro way :)