PDA

View Full Version : Help! Ideas for Driveway / Curb Ramp

shox
05-18-2008, 02:10 AM
My driveway is impossible to get up now since the car is lowered and it's a single driveway without angle curbs next to it. And before you suggest I drive up at an angle, already tried and there's just not enough room due to the sidewalk curb next to my angle curb in to the driveway. It's hard to explain unless you see it but it's impossible unless I raise the car back up to stock height which I don't want to do.

I need someone to basically construct a lengthy ramp, preferably somewhat light weight so it can be moved in and out of the garage, so I can get into my garage.

I know it's illegal to have these, but I don't care cause it'll only be sitting on the curb when I drive in and out of the driveway. Otherwise it'll be stored in the garage at all times.

If anyone knows anyone, contractor, metalsmith, etc that can build me one of these that would be highly appreciated. Or if someone has a great idea of how I can do this myself, I'll try almost anything at this point.

I was thinking of buying a couple 2x6 or 2x8, thats about 8-10 ft, angle cut each end to accomodate the driveway and street and hope there's enough clearance to get into the garage. That's probably going to be the first thing I'm going to try next week or tomorrow.

Again, appreciate anything about now as I'm frustrated to heck with this. Thank you!

djayz
05-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Have you tried backing up the driveway?

I have major rub issues going up or down when I drive up the pad but if I back up onto it I'm usually okay as long as I take it off slowly. Backend usually has more clearence than the front.

theken
05-18-2008, 02:46 AM
stick some wood there, easy to move around

shox
05-18-2008, 09:12 AM
The thing is with backing up, I'll still end up with the nose facing down once the ass is up on the driveway. I would still require a lot of angle to back in which I don't have unfortunately.

Yeah I'm gonna try some planks later today or tmw. Hopefully that'll solve my problem. I'll update you guys. Thanks!

BlackArcher101
05-18-2008, 10:04 AM
This would be the best to use probably.

http://www.shercomindustries.com/products/curbramps.html

Mr.Buffy
05-18-2008, 10:06 AM
You can also fill out a form with the City of Calgary and they can build you a new sidewalk/driveway ramp that is not as steep. I did that when I used to live at my parents. I forget how much it costs, been a while and may also take a while for them to get to it.

shox
05-18-2008, 10:20 AM
I live in a five unit townhouse so it will require all units to agree and allow me to build a concrete ramp/curb. And there is no chance that they will let me do it cause it will make the property look bad.

I'm gonna try the planks first. I have a feeling the rubber ramp won't do much cause its made for a curb while my driveway is already sloped. I will take a pciture of my driveway to show you guys what I'm dealing with.

4lti7ude
05-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by shox
I live in a five unit townhouse so it will require all units to agree and allow me to build a concrete ramp/curb. And there is no chance that they will let me do it cause it will make the property look bad.

I'm gonna try the planks first. I have a feeling the rubber ramp won't do much cause its made for a curb while my driveway is already sloped. I will take a pciture of my driveway to show you guys what I'm dealing with.

If you look at the pictures its made for the sidewalk slope not a straight curb.