PDA

View Full Version : Last few pounds of belly fat

Manhattan
05-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I started a strict diet and workout regimen back in Janurary to great results. I worked off 20 pounds of fat and gained some muscle as well. I feel like I'm in the best condition of my life. But it's been 5 months and I still have a little bit (5 to 10 lbs maybe?) of the belly fat that prevents me from getting the definition in my abs that I want. Anyone know of some effective ways to get rid of the last few pounds of flab?

lewdvig
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I recommend tantric sex with lots of hot sluts.

Manhattan
05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
noted :thumbsup:

kerry
05-19-2008, 12:33 PM
All you can really do is cardio to lose the fat. But if you haven't changed what you've been doing since January then that could be hindering your progress.

Your body will get used to a routine and slow down the rate at which it drops weight. If you want to drop that extra fat you might need to start doing different cardio exercises. Start using ellipticals at high speed/intensity on a hill profile. Or do the same with running. Or biking even. Maybe the rowing machine is what you should switch to.

Doesn't really matter, just change what you're doing and your body will likely start changing at a faster rate like when you originally started your diet/exercise.

If you really wanna drop fat quick too, try doing the first two weeks of the south beach diet. It's shitty, but it'll work.

broken_legs
05-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by kerry

If you really wanna drop fat quick too, try doing the first two weeks of the south beach diet. It's shitty, but it'll work.

Not exactly sure what the first two weeks of teh south beach diet are, but I'm going to guess it's the same as the first two weeks of the Atkins Diet.

Go into Ketosis and you will burn that last bit of fat off.

kerry
05-19-2008, 12:45 PM
The first two weeks of the South Beach are similar. Basically you take out any really heavy carbs (bread, sugar, etc) as well as a lot of other random things.

No carrots, no bread, no sugar, fat, steak (unless it's top sirloin), potatoes, yams, milk (unless it's skim), fruit, cheese (unless it's low fat and very little a day), nuts, peanut butter (unless it's reduced fat and very little a day) etc etc.

Two weeks of that.... is fucking hell. There's nothing that tastes good, but I lost 10lbs the first time I did it. I think I might again here, but man it sucks balls. You eat lots of protein so you usually put on some muscle too.

If someone asks nicely I'll post the food list of what you can eat.

The Body For Life Diet is what a lot of athletes use when they're training hard. Most of my old swimmer friends and people that I knew that do professional body building do that one.

HIDStop
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
The first two weeks of the South Beach are similar. Basically you take out any really heavy carbs (bread, sugar, etc) as well as a lot of other random things.

No carrots, no bread, no sugar, fat, steak (unless it's top sirloin), potatoes, yams, milk (unless it's skim), fruit, cheese (unless it's low fat and very little a day), nuts, peanut butter (unless it's reduced fat and very little a day) etc etc.

Two weeks of that.... is fucking hell. There's nothing that tastes good, but I lost 10lbs the first time I did it. I think I might again here, but man it sucks balls. You eat lots of protein so you usually put on some muscle too.

If someone asks nicely I'll post the food list of what you can eat.

The Body For Life Diet is what a lot of athletes use when they're training hard. Most of my old swimmer friends and people that I knew that do professional body building do that one.

Kerry - would you please post the food list of what you can eat? :D

kerry
05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Fuck... I should really stop saying I'll do these things hahaha.

Beef:
Lean cuts (sirloin, tenderloin, top round)

Poultry (skinless)
Cornish Hen
Turkey Bacon 2 slices per day
Turkey and Chicken Breast
Low-fat Turkey Sausage (one per week)

Seafood
All types of fish and shellfish

Pork
Boiled Ham
Canadian Bacon
Tenderloin

Veal
Chop
Cutlet, leg
Top Round

Lunchmeat
Low-fat or fat free

Cheese (fat-free or low-fat)
American (white)
Cheddar
Cottage cheese
Cream Cheese substitute, dairy free
Feta
Mozza
Parm
Provolone
Ricotta
String

Nuts (these are all per day max)
Almonds, 15
Cashews, 15
Macadamias, 8
Peanut butter, 2 tbsps
Peanuts small 20
Pecan halves 15
Pistachios 20

Eggs (direct quote)
The use of whole eggs is not limited unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Use egg whites and egg substitute as desired. Using eggs basically kept me sane for this diet. I ate like 2-4 eggs/day.

Dairy
Milk (skim or 1%)
Soy Milk (plain and low fat with 4g of fat or less)
Buttermilk (fat-free or 1%)
Yogurt (plain and fat-free)

Tofu
Use soft, low-fat or lite varieties that contain 6g of fat or less per 2-3 oz serving

Veggies
Artichokes
Asparagus
Beans
Broccoli
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Collard Greens
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Lettuce (all types)
Mushrooms (all)
Snow Peas
Spinach
Sprouts, alfalfa
Tomatoes
Turnips
Water Chestnuts
Zucchini

Fats
Canola and Olive Oil

Spices
All spices that contain no added sugar
Broth
Extracts (almond, vanilla etc)
Horseradish Sauce
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
Pepper (black, cayenne, red, white)

Sweet treats (75 calories per day)
Candies, hard and sugar free
Chocolate powder, no sugar added
Cocoa powder, baking type
Fudgsicles, no sugar added
Gelatin, no sugar added
Gum, sugar-free
Popsicles, sugar-free
Sugar Substitute

You can't eat anything other than the above. No starchy foods, no chicken wings or legs, no duck, no carrots, beets, corn, potatoes or yams, absolutely no fruit, or (the worst fucking part) alcohol.

Stage 2 you get some stuff back but the first 2 weeks if you eat 5 meals prepared daily with however much of the food above, and you exercise you can lose up to 20lbs. I lost 10-12 when I did it.

Usually I'd eat a 2 egg omelette with canadian bacon and mushrooms for b-fast. Have that with a glass of skim milk and some low-fat cheese.

Then random meals throughout the day. You can get those Mrs. Dash spices that are GREAT and will save your life. Also you can pick up those calorie wise or low-cal italian dressings. It's basically only vinegar and spices so you can have that for your salads.

You will go in-fucking-sane doing this diet though. It sucks balls. I hated every second of it. But the juice is worth the squeeze.

Darkane
05-19-2008, 05:33 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1150209

If you're truly motivated to lose the last bit of weight and look better than 99% of the people out there do that diet.

/Thread

EDIT: I do a similar form of that diet and it works.

I don't use most of the supps they recommend though, but I do increase others as per my needs.

Tip: When low carb dieting the worst thing you can do is go on a 2 week binge of food and drink. Weight gain in the teens can and does happen. I know from experience.

Reintroduce carbs SLOWLY and be smart with your choices when you are lean.

broken_legs
05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Just added some comments on this list if you're thinking of doing an atkins/induction ketosis type diet.

Fuck... I should really stop saying I'll do these things hahaha.

Beef:
Lean cuts (sirloin, tenderloin, top round)

Poultry (skinless)
Cornish Hen
Turkey Bacon 2 slices per day
Turkey and Chicken Breast
Low-fat Turkey Sausage (one per week)

Seafood
All types of fish and shellfish
Limit Oysters, and other shellfish, as they have 3-4 g of carbs per serving

Pork
Boiled Ham Ham is cured with maple and sugar, hidden carbs here
Canadian Bacon Same with Bacon
Tenderloin

Veal
Chop
Cutlet, leg
Top Round

Lunchmeat Who knows what actually goes in there. Stick with whole meats or you might get hidden carbs as filler in processed meats
Low-fat or fat free

Cheese (fat-free or low-fat)
American (white)
Cheddar
Cottage cheese
Cream Cheese substitute, dairy free
Feta
Mozza
Parm
Provolone
Ricotta
String

To stay Ketogenic, cut nuts right out
Nuts (these are all per day max)
Almonds, 15
Cashews, 15
Macadamias, 8
Peanut butter, 2 tbsps
Peanuts small 20
Pecan halves 15
Pistachios 20

Eggs (direct quote)
The use of whole eggs is not limited unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Use egg whites and egg substitute as desired. Using eggs basically kept me sane for this diet. I ate like 2-4 eggs/day.

Dairy
Milk (skim or 1%)
Soy Milk (plain and low fat with 4g of fat or less)
Buttermilk (fat-free or 1%)
Yogurt (plain and fat-free)
Dont eat any yogurt or milk, there is tonnes of sugar in milk and yogurt
Tofu
Use soft, low-fat or lite varieties that contain 6g of fat or less per 2-3 oz serving
tofu = carbs

Veggies
Artichokes
Asparagus
Beans
Broccoli
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Collard Greens
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Lettuce (all types)
Mushrooms (all)
Snow Peas
Spinach
Sprouts, alfalfa
Tomatoes
Turnips
Water Chestnuts
Zucchini

Fats
Canola and Olive Oil

Spices
All spices that contain no added sugar
Broth
Extracts (almond, vanilla etc)
Horseradish Sauce
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
Pepper (black, cayenne, red, white)

Sweet treats (75 calories per day)
Candies, hard and sugar free
Chocolate powder, no sugar added
Cocoa powder, baking type
Fudgsicles, no sugar added
Gelatin, no sugar added
Gum, sugar-free
Popsicles, sugar-free
Sugar Substitute
^^^All of this willl knock you out of Ketosis

You can't eat anything other than the above. No starchy foods, no chicken wings or legs, no duck, no carrots, beets, corn, potatoes or yams, absolutely no fruit, or (the worst fucking part) alcohol.

While in Ketosis, you can drink alcohol. The drawback is that it limits your burning of fat as alcohol is metabolized into keytones before fat is. I stayed in ketosis whilst drinking vodka waters...

Stage 2 you get some stuff back but the first 2 weeks if you eat 5 meals prepared daily with however much of the food above, and you exercise you can lose up to 20lbs. I lost 10-12 when I did it.

Usually I'd eat a 2 egg omelette with canadian bacon and mushrooms for b-fast. Have that with a glass of skim milk and some low-fat cheese.

Then random meals throughout the day. You can get those Mrs. Dash spices that are GREAT and will save your life. Also you can pick up those calorie wise or low-cal italian dressings. It's basically only vinegar and spices so you can have that for your salads.

You will go in-fucking-sane doing this diet though. It sucks balls. I hated every second of it. But the juice is worth the squeeze.

Heres the list for the atkins induction. Doing this for 2 weeks is really difficult.

http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkins-phases/phase-one/acceptable-foods

I found it much easier once I could find some dressings with zero carbs etc... Lots of great salad dressings and vegetable dips are oil based and have no carbs.

Salsa is a good one, as it only has 4 gram of carb per cup i believe.

HUngry? Eat lots of celery and tuna.

Still hungry? Get a little salt in there with some feta or cheddar cheese.

FilthyMcNasty
05-22-2008, 11:57 AM
You can lose that fat in a 2 week program. Every Day eat your weight in grams of carbs per day (if your 150lbs, eat 150grams), only good carbs like oats and whole grains/wheat. 30g of protein every 3 hours during the day. unlimited vegetables. Eat every 4 hours. Eat ONLY chicken breast and fish, as much as you want, no sauces on anything, just spices with little sodium. No Dairy and No fruit. Drink only Water and lots of it.

Take a muiltiVitamin every day along with a thermogenic fat burner. Consider Taking an ECA stack, results will be amazing. No Cheating on your diet, keep it simple.

This is pretty much what a body builder will do to Cut before a competition.

PS. You will be cranky as fuck because the diet is horrible.

Darkane
05-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by FilthyMcNasty
You can lose that fat in a 2 week program. Every Day eat your weight in grams of carbs per day (if your 150lbs, eat 150grams), only good carbs like oats and whole grains/wheat. 30g of protein every 3 hours during the day. unlimited vegetables. Eat every 4 hours. Eat ONLY chicken breast and fish, as much as you want, no sauces on anything, just spices with little sodium. No Dairy and No fruit. Drink only Water and lots of it.

Take a muiltiVitamin every day along with a thermogenic fat burner. Consider Taking an ECA stack, results will be amazing. No Cheating on your diet, keep it simple.

This is pretty much what a body builder will do to Cut before a competition.

PS. You will be cranky as fuck because the diet is horrible.

Lol! Eating 150 Grams of carbs is horrible?!

Jesus I envy some of you guys and your damn Basal metabolisms. The John Berardi diet is under 50G carbs/day. Try that.

Hell go Keto with a carb up day every 7 days. Mood swings with that lol. It's actually a good mental test. Control your emotions while transitioning to Ketosis. I doubt PMS is close to that lol.

~Leah~
05-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Lol! Eating 150 Grams of carbs is horrible?!

Jesus I envy some of you guys and your damn Basal metabolisms. The John Berardi diet is under 50G carbs/day. Try that.

Hell go Keto with a carb up day every 7 days. Mood swings with that lol. It's actually a good mental test. Control your emotions while transitioning to Ketosis. I doubt PMS is close to that lol.

Actually it can be quite similar... I couldn't make it more than 2 days cuz of my damn hormones.

kerry
05-22-2008, 06:32 PM
All I see from you guys nowadays is excuses. If you (this is a general statement to everyone) want to make a difference the only thing stopping you from success is yourfuckingself. Look at Darkane. That dude is a freak. Listen to his advice. He knows what he's talking about.

I used to be 290 with tonnes of fat. I dropped most of it doing something very fucking simple. I did the South Beach Diet, and a very very very very very very very basic workout routine 4 days a week.

Did it work? Yes. What happened to my body that was negative? Nothing. Did I goto the doctor before and after? Yes. All my blood tests came back good and my doctor told me I was much healthier after doing the 6 weeks of the diet plan.

Sorry about the ranting, I'm just sick of seeing lots of whining and correcting of what's right and wrong.

pinoyhero
05-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1150209

If you're truly motivated to lose the last bit of weight and look better than 99% of the people out there do that diet.

/Thread

EDIT: I do a similar form of that diet and it works.

I don't use most of the supps they recommend though, but I do increase others as per my needs.

Tip: When low carb dieting the worst thing you can do is go on a 2 week binge of food and drink. Weight gain in the teens can and does happen. I know from experience.

Reintroduce carbs SLOWLY and be smart with your choices when you are lean.

This is the answer but very tough ... start uping the water intake, dumping carbs altogether (esp. sugars) and pick up the HI cardio

Darkane
05-24-2008, 04:49 PM
All I see from you guys nowadays is excuses. If you (this is a general statement to everyone) want to make a difference the only thing stopping you from success is yourfuckingself. Look at Darkane. That dude is a freak. Listen to his advice. He knows what he's talking about.

I used to be 290 with tonnes of fat. I dropped most of it doing something very fucking simple. I did the South Beach Diet, and a very very very very very very very basic workout routine 4 days a week.

Did it work? Yes. What happened to my body that was negative? Nothing. Did I goto the doctor before and after? Yes. All my blood tests came back good and my doctor told me I was much healthier after doing the 6 weeks of the diet plan.

Sorry about the ranting, I'm just sick of seeing lots of whining and correcting of what's right and wrong.

Lol. Thanks for the kind words :D

I'm not a freak however, just a decent knowledge base with less then good body composition lol. One day.. One day. :thumbsup:

sevewone
06-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by FilthyMcNasty
You can lose that fat in a 2 week program..... No Dairy and No fruit. Drink only Water and lots of it.

I can see Dairy affecting your diet...but fruit? Please explain..

G-Suede
06-12-2008, 10:46 PM
^
Very high in sugar (fructose). Good for you(nutrients)? Sure. good for weight loss? Not so much.