PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Parents.(Need help)

JAYMEZ
05-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey guys ,
Im just wondering if anyone knows any good babysitters or nannies? Me and my gf work from 2-9 mon-fri , and we are having problems finding someone to take care of the 3 year old.. Any help would be great!!

- Need someone with experience.
- Someone with own vehicle.

topmade
05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Is your kid fully potty trained and what area are you in?

JAYMEZ
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Just wears a diaper when he sleeps. I live by Westhills

laurier
05-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I can do it if you are okay with male nannies? (aka manny)

JAYMEZ
05-19-2008, 12:27 PM
^^ Are you being serious?

dj_rice
05-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by laurier

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Is this Sorath's brother?

97'Scort
05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
My aunt and uncle sponsored a live-in nanny from the Phillipines back in the day. Might be pricey but it seemed to work well for them. I'm sure there's a placement agency in Calgary for them.

R!zz0
05-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by laurier

Instead of panties, do you wear manties? Just joking mang.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-services-babysitter-nanny-W0QQCatIdZ84

dj_rice
05-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0

Instead of panties, do you wear manties? Just joking mang.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-services-babysitter-nanny-W0QQCatIdZ84

He prolly has a murse too

boxer23
05-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey Jaymez, I also live in westhills, and babysitting would not be a problem...you want someone to nanny your child for 7hours? mon-fri?

JAYMEZ
05-19-2008, 02:49 PM
^^ Yup thats what im looking for... Sometimes just 5-9... No weekends needed

Mostly Tues-Friday.

frozenrice
05-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
My aunt and uncle sponsored a live-in nanny from the Phillipines back in the day. Might be pricey but it seemed to work well for them. I'm sure there's a placement agency in Calgary for them.

Beware. We tried that route a while ago and the nanny quit a month after getting here . She basically used us to get her ticket into Canada.

Gooseberry
05-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Wouldn't there be something that would keep them from doing exactly that? Doesn't seem worth the effort if there isn't. :dunno:

frozenrice
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Most of the time, they have no one to turn to. Unfortunately for us, she already had an "Aunt" that lives here in Calgary. I wouldn't be surprised if her aunt coached her and found a new job for her. :dunno:

It's the agencies problem now. Needless to say we got our money back from them.

mac_82
05-20-2008, 06:29 AM
You can also try websites like canadiansitter. Although I think some of them you need to pay to register, they provide a huge database of babysitters.

three33
05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
go to canadiananny.ca...I believe you have to pay a monthly fee, my fiance was a nanny for 4 years and was a member on the site...but be prepared to be paying about $16-$18 as an hourly wage, thats the going rate for a day time nanny anyways.

Euro838
05-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Check out the live-in caregiver program. The rules and regulations are all stated on there. It will cost you approximately $1400-$1500 out of pocket per month. I think their current salary is $1750 per month but you can deduct $320 for room and board. They work 44 hours per week before you need to pay overtime so you can allocate those hours based on your working conditions.

Phillipine nannies are great, good people but I would suggest finding one that has worked in HK so they know what real work is like and are not "spoiled" by the conditions here in Canada. If you sponsor one here, they MUST remain in the live-in caregiver for at least 2 years and cannot be unemployed for more than 3 months or their work visa will expire and be deported.

Besides caregiving duties, they can cook, light cleaning, laundry, etc. No landscaping or other heavier jobs unless they agree. They are expensive if you only have 1 child and compare with daycare. Once you hit 2+ though it's definitely something to consider.

Some of the benefits are you don't have to drop kids off, they won't always be sick from a day home or day care, dinner is ready and no after dinner cleanup.

Anyways, lots of factors to consider when you're looking at child care options. Hope this helps.

PS, although I have been through this and had a wonderful experience, the info presented here is not warranted so don't flame me if I'm off a little.

Troy
06-16-2008, 03:41 AM
Anyone know how long it takes to setup and get a live-in? Also is it a requirement that there are young children in the house as in I just bring one over to cook and clean?