PDA

View Full Version : No wonder everyone thinks BMW drivers are douchebags...

TorqueDog
05-19-2008, 12:32 PM
This happened yesterday at roughly 8:30 pm. I was driving down MacLeod Trail coming over the hill near the Shaw building, when I hear this horrible bumblebee noise.

I look to my right and see this arse in a black E36 sedan rip over the hill, must have been doing close to 110 KM/H, and had to jam hard on the brakes just to be able to stop at the red light near the Toyota dealer.

Off the green, this idiot goes hard at it again, and I just idle up to my cruising speed, he's now football fields ahead of me.

Next light, SAME IDIOT. You'd think going 110 in a 60 would let you beat the lights, no? Now there is a late model BMW X5, beige in colour beside him. Light goes green, and these morons start racing each other.

They did this all the way down MacLeod until the idiot in the E36 pulled off before the bridge near Heritage. And then there was me, just slowly accelerating, hoping that I wouldn't get clumped in with the two idiots who just happen to drive the same brand of vehicle as me.

It was like watching two grown retards kicking sand at each other.

If either of those two heros are on here, you're a couple of wankers, take it to the track before you kill someone.

obliterate8
05-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Who cares...Honestly who REALLY gives a fuck? Do you have any idea how many people try to race me/ I see race down busy roads? It's not going to change anytime soon, peoples ego's are too big to go to the track because they know all these neons will be putting their m3's, etc to shame.. Street racing isn't going to stop, even with the seriouse consequences implemented. It's not just beemer drivers either everyone does it. If I ranted about every car that tried to get me to go, I would have taken up all of beyond.ca's bandwith.

rp_guy
05-19-2008, 12:45 PM
you drive an m5.. don't you think 'your kind' would like to show off to you? :drama:

dj_rice
05-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by rp_guy
you drive an m5.. don't you think 'your kind' would like to show off to you? :drama:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and your title is wrong, it should be, "No Wonder Everyone KNOWS BMW Owners Are Douchebags"

kamatayan
05-19-2008, 12:53 PM
here we go again... .. .

gqmw
05-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by rp_guy

HAHAHHAHA :rofl:

Bimmer88
05-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Dude... you set yourself up now... and I've made quite the name for myself on Beyond so... watch out :)

TorqueDog
05-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Bimmer88
Dude... you set yourself up now... and I've made quite the name for myself on Beyond so... watch out :) Yeah, after the first couple replies, I kinda got that feeling... fuck, you'd think it was a story about ME racing, and I drive, for the most part, like someone's granddad.

It's okay, we all have our generalizations, likes and dislikes. For example, I feel that Toyota drivers are quite possibly the most out-to-lunch, clueless bunch of idiots on the road. If there's someone in the passing lane on the motorway keeping everyone backlogged, good chance it's a Toyota driver, as has been my experience. Someone who forgot that the light turned green five seconds ago? Toyota driver.

So we're even, as far as I'm concerned.

Eleanor
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Did the e36 also have black wheels? Cause I've never seen him driving like an idiot :dunno:

I do agree with you about the cluelessness of toyota drivers, mostly fairly new corollas. The only people who buy those cars are ones who don't really give a shit what they drive and have no clue what they're doing.

1-Bar
05-19-2008, 10:12 PM
damm, thought this thread would be about me :banghead: :banghead: At first if you don't succeed, try try again.....

shirshamshir
05-19-2008, 10:17 PM
honda drivers seem best i think

Graham_A_M
05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Its funny all the name calling that goes on with Bimmer owners. I'm probably the most courteous and respetful driver most people will ever see on the roads, as are every other BMW driver I've seen most often then not. I've never seen any "douchebag" weave in between traffic, or do half the stuff you guys call out. The biggest douche bags I personally see on the roads are these idiot kids with their riced out civics trying to race me all the time, or weave in between traffic.
Trying to overcompensate for something are we?:rolleyes:

TorqueDog
05-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Did the e36 also have black wheels? Cause I've never seen him driving like an idiot :dunno:

I do agree with you about the cluelessness of toyota drivers, mostly fairly new corollas. The only people who buy those cars are ones who don't really give a shit what they drive and have no clue what they're doing. Can't remember 110%, but I don't believe it had black wheels. Looked pretty much stock, although it sounded like he replaced his muffler with a replica made out of tin-foil... sounded horrible.

Toyota drivers buy their cars like they buy their appliances. It gets them from point A to point B. Unfortunately, they know SFA about road etiquitte.

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Its funny all the name calling that goes on with Bimmer owners. I'm probably the most courteous and respetful driver most people will ever see on the roads, as are every other BMW driver I've seen most often then not. I've never seen any "douchebag" weave in between traffic, or do half the stuff you guys call out. The biggest douche bags I personally see on the roads are these idiot kids with their riced out civics trying to race me all the time, or weave in between traffic.
Trying to overcompensate for something are we?:rolleyes: x2! When I see someone coming up behind me and I'm erroneously in the passing lane, I move to the right to let them pass. I don't cut people off, but I do exercise my right of way. I let people in when they signal. In no way should I be commended for doing these things; it's called courtesy, and it should be expected of from all drivers.

wts
05-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Best be carefull talking about Toy owners, some of us drive 4 runners and we're apt to drive over the top of your lovely bimmer.

UndrgroundRider
05-20-2008, 12:52 PM
You think bimmer drivers are bad?

Try riding a bike. I can't pull up to a stop light without some civic beside me bouncing off the rev limiter.

It's like... I'm fairly certain I could make it down the quarter mile and back before you make it to the end. Why would I want to risk your dumbass swerving into me for that kind of excitement?

Kona9
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by wts
Best be carefull talking about Toy owners, some of us drive 4 runners and we're apt to drive over the top of your lovely bimmer.

OH noes look out here comes the get along gang in their 4-Runners.

How does your apartment run over a BMW anyways? Seems odd.

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by obliterate8
Who cares...Honestly who REALLY gives a fuck? Do you have any idea how many people try to race me/ I see race down busy roads? It's not going to change anytime soon, peoples ego's are too big to go to the track because they know all these neons will be putting their m3's, etc to shame.. Street racing isn't going to stop, even with the seriouse consequences implemented. It's not just beemer drivers either everyone does it. If I ranted about every car that tried to get me to go, I would have taken up all of beyond.ca's bandwith.

I care, now sit the fuck down 08.

gqmw
05-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

haha I think he meant abt, "about" to run over their bmw's.

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I care, now sit the fuck down 08.

:rofl:

haha fuck

iceburns288
05-20-2008, 06:07 PM
http://super-genius.org/images/anchorman_fight.jpg

That escalated quickly.

DayGlow
05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
bimmer drivers are douches? No way

M3 for sale (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=244089879&dealer_id=62558733&car_year=2002&num_records=25&model=M3&systime=&make2=&start_year=2001&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=526&make=BMW&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=30519&advanced=y&end_year=2004&pager.offset=525&transmission=Manual&doors=&max_price=&cardist=1620)

:bigpimp:

Graham_A_M
05-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider

Try riding a bike. I can't pull up to a stop light without some civic beside me bouncing off the rev limiter.

I've actually never had a single person try to race me on my sportbike, except once, on this late Sat night last summer.... abiet once for a bunch of 20 something guys in a new Sierra. It was a crew cab with probably 6 people in it, just packed.
Half those guys were piss drunk... someone had the brainwave to gun it and run with me. (and Good God they did, it wasn't until about 100 that I finally gained on them, frick those trucks got jam to them :nut: )
:rofl: Good times, most people know sportbikes are remarkibly fast, so I've never had anybody else bother.
But I really notice the pre-conceptions on my bike then I do my car, or anything else. Its vicious on a bike, practically everybody thinks your some lunatic until they talk to you. :rolleyes:

m10-power
05-20-2008, 07:56 PM
wicked thread, subscribing

dj_rice
05-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

M3 for sale (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=244089879&dealer_id=62558733&car_year=2002&num_records=25&model=M3&systime=&make2=&start_year=2001&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=526&make=BMW&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=30519&advanced=y&end_year=2004&pager.offset=525&transmission=Manual&doors=&max_price=&cardist=1620)

"This car has gotten me laid so much it is ridiculous. I would like pull up to a pimp club in Scottsdale and the valet would crap his pants, but I wouldn't let him park it. I just leave it up front and make sure all the ladies saw me get out. I'm also totally ripped so that helps too. I inject myself with pure bull shark testosterone and lift 4 hours a day. My diet also consists of 24 egg whites a day. I've got a killer 6 pack and some delts that you would not believe. I only hook up with 9s and 10s. Never less because I'm a winner! I'm not saying this car will do the same for you but it's a start. If you're interested in taking the first step to becoming a true Jedi Pimp email me at [email protected]. I'll probably be working out so I'll get back to you as soon as I finish my protein shake (and probably hooking up with a hot chick"

funkedelic
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

WOW i really hope that was a joke. I had the same wheels on my car, lol.

Edit: quote is taken straight from GTA4

dj_rice
05-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic

WOW i really hope that was a joke. I had the same wheels on my car, lol.

Edit: quote is taken straight from GTA4

For a moment there, I thought it was your FS thread :rofl: :rofl:

TorqueDog
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by wts
Best be carefull talking about Toy owners, some of us drive 4 runners and we're apt to drive over the top of your lovely bimmer. HAH. You'd have to catch me first, Slo-yota!

Originally posted by UndrgroundRider

Try riding a bike. I can't pull up to a stop light without some civic beside me bouncing off the rev limiter. I had a bike, I know what you mean. Though I only got revved at maybe twice all summer.

You don't know the true definition of a cager until you almost get taken out by one. If there's one thing I know, riding a bike makes you a much better defensive driver... you treat EVERYONE as suspect.

403Gemini
05-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288
http://super-genius.org/images/anchorman_fight.jpg

That escalated quickly.
Brick where did you get a grenade?

I dont know...

TaiChino
05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Anyone who can suggest that a type of car that an individual owns defines who they are and what kind of driver they may be is a doucebag IMO. My 2cents.

hampstor
05-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by TaiChino
Anyone who can suggest that a type of car that an individual owns defines who they are and what kind of driver they may be is a doucebag IMO. My 2cents.

I just made this list up now based on experience. If anyone wants to add to this list for fun please do so :rofl:

Stock Pickup Truck: Bad Driver
Raised Pickup Truck (regardless of height): Red Neck
Lowered Pickup Truck: White Trash
Camaro: White Trash
BMW: Douche Bag
Modified Sport Compact: Ricer
Toyota: Grandma
WRX/STi: Factory Ricer
Fox Body Mustang w/ the 302 : New driver about to lose their license
RHD: JDM Fanboy

Do you ever lump people into any of those categories based on what they drive? If so you are also a doucebag! :rofl:

Penis McNickels
05-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by gqmw

haha I think he meant abt, "about" to run over their bmw's.

No, he meant "apt".

Where's those damn grammar cops when you need them?

abyss
05-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Penis McNickels

No, he meant "apt".

Where's those damn grammar cops when you need them?

you called?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apt%5C

alloroc
05-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Holy Crap.

I thought all you BMW owners were smart?

apt

adjective
1. (usually followed by 'to') naturally disposed toward; "he is apt to ignore matters he considers unimportant"; "I am not minded to answer any questions"
2. at risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant; "he is apt to lose"; "she is liable to forget"
3. mentally quick and resourceful; "an apt pupil"; "you are a clever man...you reason well and your wit is bold"-Bram Stoker
4. being of striking appropriateness and pertinence; "the successful copywriter is a master of apposite and evocative verbal images"; "an apt reply"

TaiChino
05-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

I just made this list up now based on experience. If anyone wants to add to this list for fun please do so :rofl:

Do you ever lump people into any of those categories based on what they drive? If so you are also a doucebag! :rofl:

As seemingly true as this might be, its good for a laugh, just like listening to Russel Peters shine a funny light on racism. But to really generalize and stereotype? Come on.

TaiChino
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
But in the interest of humor,

Neon, er srt-4's - The new 5.0 stang boy white trash breed

wts
05-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I suppose I could catch your M5 at a light!

" Get along gang" what is that refering to, coming from someone who drives a nissan I can only imagine.

I have nothing against BMW owners, 2 of my brothers and one of their wives drive bimmers and have for the past 25 years or so. Although they are not of the "hip type" BMW owners, they drive because bimmers are typically well built and last.

Personally I'd rather drive a Lexus.

I guess some people aren't (are not) big on grammer on this site.

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by wts
I suppose I could catch your M5 at a light!

" Get along gang" what is that refering to, coming from someone who drives a nissan I can only imagine.

I have nothing against BMW owners, 2 of my brothers and one of their wives drive bimmers and have for the past 25 years or so. Although they are not of the "hip type" BMW owners, they drive because bimmers are typically well built and last.

Personally I'd rather drive a Lexus.

I guess some people aren't (are not) big on grammer on this site. Going by some of the people off here, wouldn't you be hard pressed to find a BMW stopped at a red light? :rofl:

I bought mine for the comfort/luxury/performance, and the fact that they feel well-built and solid, and it's not a boring drive. That's the one thing that keeps me away from Lexus, the drive is just uninspiring.

Believe me, I'm the first one to frown in disapproval whenever I see some boy-racer in an E36 ripping through school zones and dodging traffic.

Penis McNickels
05-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by wts

I guess some people aren't (are not) big on grammer on this site.

And some aren't big on spelling either.

403Gemini
05-21-2008, 02:08 PM

*fist pump* YES! Factory ricer! Ya'll are jealous! I Didnt have to spend a fucking penny getting a bad ass hood scoop and aggressive styling BITCHES ;)

whiskas
05-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
I feel that Toyota drivers are quite possibly the most out-to-lunch, clueless bunch of idiots on the road.

Give em a break, their cars are so boring to drive it's amazing they're still awake behind the wheel.

Penis McNickels
05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by whiskas

Give em a break, their cars are so boring to drive it's amazing they're still awake behind the wheel.

Not my Camry!

It has a spoiler on the back, so when I am racing down residential roads doing my standard 80kph I don't become airborne!

I can feel the spoiler giving me that extra grip I need...

Oh man! Now that's excitement!

Inzane
05-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
If there's someone in the passing lane on the motorway keeping everyone backlogged, good chance it's a Toyota driver, as has been my experience.

Someone who forgot that the light turned green five seconds ago? Toyota driver.

Of course.

Toyota makes nothing but boring cars these days. Who else would actually buy these cars other than... boring people?

:thumbsdow

TYMSMNY
05-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Inzane

Of course.

Toyota makes nothing but boring cars these days. Who else would actually buy these cars other than... boring people?

:thumbsdow

People buy Toyota cars for functionality/reliability over "how fast" or "how quickly" they can manuever their car. I could personally care less if your Nissan is faster than my Toyota.

Nissan's a pretty good brand.. and cheap to boot. "Who else would actually buy these cars other than... cheap people?" :rolleyes:

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Toyota Supra = Not boring

Nissan HKS BNR34 = Not cheap

TYMSMNY
05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
but you can't take the extremes and apply it to the entire lineup.

You need to think.... word associations. What comes to mind when you see or hear these brand names...

Toyota = conservative
Lexus = luxurious
Nissan =
Infinity =
Ferrari = :bigpimp:

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Toyota= Reliable/conservative
Lexus= Luxurious
Nissan= Stylish/best bang for buck (cheap is you must)
Infinity= Aggressive/Luxurious

Ferrari= Wet dream.

I agree about taking one model but I was just trying to convey a point in the fact that the Supra is awsome but I rather not own any other Toyota!

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by silviafreek89
Toyota Supra = Not boringToyota Supra = Not in production. They took their only not-so-boring car and killed it.

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Perhaps,

But since they aren't in production anymore they are coveted and have even more 'wow' factor. Why do you think Nissan came out with the 350? The 240 was sooo popular they knew there was/is a market for it!!!

rp_guy
05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Perhaps,

But since they aren't in production anymore they are coveted and have even more 'wow' factor. Why do you think Nissan came out with the 350? The 240 was sooo popular they knew there was/is a market for it!!!

...:confused: if the 240 market was what they were aiming for they would have came out with a 250z.. not a 300zx replacement.

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I dunno, ask nissan...

I always was under the impression the is was:

180-200-240-300-350...the 'evolution' of Z, my bad (again)

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Perhaps,

But since they aren't in production anymore they are coveted and have even more 'wow' factor. Why do you think Nissan came out with the 350? The 240 was sooo popular they knew there was/is a market for it!!! And that has anything to do with Toyota's current line-up being as boring as a bowl of sawdust how?

Sharpie
05-21-2008, 07:43 PM

Nissan Titan: Thought they bought a truck...

Toms-SC
05-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Missing the JBody

hampstor
05-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Nissan Titan: Thought they bought a truck...

I'll give you that - the box is too short on the Titan. However that would probably fit better for those who bought a Ridgeline :devil: