PDA

View Full Version : Nuvista Homes

Chandler_Racing
05-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Considering purchasing a new home from Nuvista homes. Does any have any insight as to the quality of the work, before / after sale service, or general feelings from the company?

KLCC
05-19-2008, 09:49 PM
They are a subsidiary of Qualico development. As far as I recall (at least within our community). They are over-priced for the product (lot, finish product and floor plan) they've offered. Hope this helps.

Chandler_Racing
05-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Which community are you in?

Also, which builder did you end up choosing then?

Neons4life
05-20-2008, 06:49 PM
My home is built with Nuvista in 2002.

I don't have much experience with any other new home builders so I can't comment on their products. Everything is good except almost the entire upstairs floor creaks. I had a flooring company come in pull out the carpet and fix each area that was making sounds...Each of the 3 areas were all something different. Floor joists rubbing, one area they used nails that went right through into the cold air return so the nails rubbed the sheet metal lining.

On top of all this when they were doing the plumbing of the vents in the atic they drilled a hole in one of the pipes which lead to a water leak and mold.

Chandler_Racing
05-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Overall, a favourable impression though?

Would you have them build another home for you?

Originally posted by Neons4life
My home is built with Nuvista in 2002.

I don't have much experience with any other new home builders so I can't comment on their products. Everything is good except almost the entire upstairs floor creaks. I had a flooring company come in pull out the carpet and fix each area that was making sounds...Each of the 3 areas were all something different. Floor joists rubbing, one area they used nails that went right through into the cold air return so the nails rubbed the sheet metal lining.

On top of all this when they were doing the plumbing of the vents in the atic they drilled a hole in one of the pipes which lead to a water leak and mold.

2.0turbo
05-25-2008, 02:48 PM
They have won customer choice awards from I think 2001 to 2007 consecutive as far as I know. The people I know who have worked for them in the past and currently are happy with them because they will generally do the right thing for the customer, which is less than I can say for some other builders not to mention names, ahem...Landmark....ahem.

Neons4life
05-27-2008, 12:30 PM
I chose Nuvista because of the awards, heard good things about them, etc.

I would build with them if they offered a house I was looking for.

Mine has almost every upgrade possible when bought at the time.

Chandler_Racing
05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Alright thanks for the replies.

Will most likely be putting in an offer for one of their homes by the end of June.

syscal
06-03-2008, 10:12 PM
We purchased one of their houses in Coventry about 5 years ago. We've moved since but I loved the house. A couple minor issues but the house was fantastic.

I came from a trades background (tile setter) and it was pretty rad to do tile in my own house and have square walls and solid floors.

they do cost more than the builders next to them but the building materials are superior. ie. engineered joists and beams.

We're building a new house with Augusta Fine Homes right now in Crestmont and that is NuVista's newest line of homes.

I can't imagine building with any other builder except for maybe Morrison.