PDA

View Full Version : Eletrical Problem

5oarer
05-20-2008, 01:50 AM
I imported a soarer and it came with HID's. The electrical system is fucked up. When I turn the car on either both headlights turn on, just the right one turns or just the left one. It is random and changes all the time.

I took it in to Lexus and they charged me an hour of labor ($120), but they weren't able to fix the problem.
Some type of electrical problem for sure.

Anyone have any suggestions or knows of any places that could take a look and fix my electrical problem. Maybe even a beyonder. Im willing to pay cause I hate having my stupid headlights out.

5oarer
05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
bump

cyrusli
05-21-2008, 05:59 PM
it could be the regulators that are shot because HID's require more power.. (correct me if i'm wrong).

You may try to buy regular bulbs for your car and plug it into the normal plugs (if applicable) which are normally used and plugged into the HID box. See if that changes anything.

97'Scort
05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Old ballasts and ignitors will have this problem, and it's fairly common. Switch back to your factory bulbs if the prev. owner didn't massacre the wiring, otherwise pick up some new HIDs. Should fix your problem.

Ukyo8
05-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by cyrusli
it could be the regulators that are shot because HID's require more power.. (correct me if i'm wrong).

You may try to buy regular bulbs for your car and plug it into the normal plugs (if applicable) which are normally used and plugged into the HID box. See if that changes anything.

HIDs require less power, they use around 35W compared to around 55-65W for halogen bulbs.