PDA

View Full Version : RHD raping the marketplace

Pages : [1] 2

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Wow so i took a gander at the marketplace and saw RHD cars raping the marketplace. (see attached picture).

5 of the 11 cars for sale in the screenshot are NOT RHD... the rest are.

What the hell? Do people just get sick of their RHD cars that quickly , or whats the deal?

vengie
05-20-2008, 04:39 PM
its the crazy influx of RHD cars being brought in... they're brought in faster then they can sell

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 04:40 PM
I just find it funny that a bunch of JDM fanboys are like "jdm fo life y0" then i see so many of them selling their cars 3-4 months after they preach the shit out of them. When the mkiv supras go on sale it will be automobile anarchy.

shirshamshir
05-20-2008, 05:06 PM
i rarely noticed rhd cars but been seeing a "boom" if you will lately

vengie
05-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I just find it funny that a bunch of JDM fanboys are like "jdm fo life y0" then i see so many of them selling their cars 3-4 months after they preach the shit out of them. When the mkiv supras go on sale it will be automobile anarchy.

its cuz they realize how beat to shit they really are!

rc2002
05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
I've often wondered the same thing. It must be a combination of fear, boredom, and buyer's remorse that causes such short ownership periods for JDM cars.

I toyed with the idea of buying a JDM car before. When they first came out, the cars were a novelty item. There weren't many on the roads, and you could finally buy some of the rare cars that were never produced here. And the icing on the cake is that they have lower mileage and appear to be a lot cleaner than the North American counterparts (and cheaper to boot).

But then you look a bit closer into it and realize that driving on the right side is a pain in the ass when you go to a drive-thru or turn left at an intersection.

Getting a windshield or body panels for a car that doesn't have a sister car in North America is not cheap. And the insurance companies are catching on and jacking up insurance rates because of this.

The depreciation that arises as a result of the novelty wearing off is quite steep - Skyline GT-R's used to command $25-30k when they first hit the shores here and now they can be had for half that much. Not to mention, the cars sell based on novelty. When newer generations become available the previous generation ones are going to go for fire sale prices as everyone runs for the door.

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 05:10 PM
another question, why do people buy cars that are readily available in Canada in RHD.

today leaving work I saw a RHD ~1993 Civic, and at the races on Friday there was a RHD CRX.

To me I would rather drive on the PROPER side of the SAME car.

Originally posted by vengie

or that, haha

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I've often wondered the same thing. It must be a combination of fear, boredom, and buyer's remorse that causes such short ownership periods for JDM cars.

I toyed with the idea of buying a JDM car before. When they first came out, the cars were a novelty item. There weren't many on the roads, and you could finally buy some of the rare cars that were never produced here. And the icing on the cake is that they have lower mileage and appear to be a lot cleaner than the North American counterparts (and cheaper to boot).

But then you look a bit closer into it and realize that driving on the right side is a pain in the ass when you go to a drive-thru or turn left at an intersection.

Getting a windshield or body panels for a car that doesn't have a sister car in North America is not cheap. And the insurance companies are catching on and jacking up insurance rates because of this.

The depreciation that arises as a result of the novelty wearing off is quite steep - Skyline GT-R's used to command $25-30k when they first hit the shores here and now they can be had for half that much. Not to mention, the cars sell based on novelty. When newer generations become available the previous generation ones are going to go for fire sale prices as everyone runs for the door.

My exact thoughts really. I remeber being in the market and eyeballing skylines because they were rare and not very many people had them... then they became the JDM Sunfire. You see them everywhere. and you're absolutely right. I feel bad for the people who paid 25-30k for them and now the gt-r is selling for 15k.... imagine when they r33 gt-r's come over here, the r32's are going to be DIRT cheap

stunta666
05-20-2008, 05:17 PM
RHD's are gay as hell. Shit i'd rather drive a neon with 3 spoilers than be caught in a rhd. I had the chance to borrow a rhd crx a year ago and it was retarded trying to drive that thing. All these kids think their bad ass rides until they drive it for a couple weeks and find out it needs some major repairs or they finally realize that their actually really lame cars. There's just going to be more and more for sale. Not to be racist or anything but i've noticed the majority of rhd owners to be young white guys.:dunno:

autosm
05-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by vengie

bingo

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 05:23 PM
lets have a mental exercise here. Lets say that the new Challenger wasn't in Japan and they were exporting some from Canada.

Do you think that we would be sending our best condition ones over there, or do you think we would be making them LOOK ok and selling them for a pretty penny while getting rid of the bagged on challengers

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
I beleive when you find the car that's right for you...you will keep it for a while...I am one of those that preach RHD for several reasons.
1) I'm left handed so shifting is actually easier and drive-thru is managable, especially when seeing the reaction from Mr. Timmy trying to give my doughnut to the empty passenger seat :nut:
2) Yes it is (was) a novelty item if your talking about Skyline's, I personally love the look/sound and style of my Silvia and wouldn't sell it for a long time!
3) Many people will just buy a RHD to be part of the 'cult' or 'group' ... But to be honest it's nice to pass a RHD wtv on the road and get a nod/smile/honk.

-I beleive that most of the new RHD owners baught their car in Canada but ended up with a over-drifted beat up car. I baught my car from the owner of an export company based in Japan so the quality 'should' be better and I was quite confident when purchasing the car that I was getting the best bang for my buck *just under 7k for the car and shipping to YVR*
Nevermind the fact that it took a year for me to actually receive the car but since then (april 07) I have not seen a Silvia exactly the same as mine which make's it worth all the trouble's!!!

-Although i'm sure the 'mr2 of death' guy would dis-agree with me.

And yes, once the fabled Supra (mkIV) come's to Canada it's game over...

88CRX
05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
another question, why do people buy cars that are readily available in Canada in RHD.

today leaving work I saw a RHD ~1993 Civic, and at the races on Friday there was a RHD CRX.

Different options and different models that weren't available here.

And speaking specifically on CRX's and EG Civic, every single local one for sale is either rusted to shit or riced out and way too expensive.

Not saying I agree with RHD cars but I'm sure that's why some people buy them.

AG_Styles
05-20-2008, 05:27 PM
on another note, some ppl do drive them as weekend only cars and they have been fans of those particular cars for a very long time.

but yes i do agree, a lot of youngen's these days gravitate to the "zomg, i need a skyline, i'm gonna get one at any cost cuz i saw them on intial D/ F&F !!!" not knowing the cars that Japanese actually roll over here(Japan) far outclass what they're selling over back in North America.

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by silviafreek89
I beleive when you find the car that's right for you...you will keep it for a while...I am one of those that preach RHD for several reasons.
1) I'm left handed so shifting is actually easier and drive-thru is managable, especially when seeing the reaction from Mr. Timmy trying to give my doughnut to the empty passenger seat :nut:
2) Yes it is (was) a novelty item if your talking about Skyline's, I personally love the look/sound and style of my Silvia and wouldn't sell it for a long time!
3) Many people will just buy a RHD to be part of the 'cult' or 'group' ... But to be honest it's nice to pass a RHD wtv on the road and get a nod/smile/honk.

-I beleive that most of the new RHD owners baught their car in Canada but ended up with a over-drifted beat up car. I baught my car from the owner of an export company based in Japan so the quality 'should' be better and I was quite confident when purchasing the car that I was getting the best bang for my buck *just under 7k for the car and shipping to YVR*
Nevermind the fact that it took a year for me to actually receive the car but since then (april 07) I have not seen a Silvia exactly the same as mine which make's it worth all the trouble's!!!

-Although i'm sure the 'mr2 of death' guy would dis-agree with me.

And yes, once the fabled Supra (mkIV) come's to Canada it's game over...

7,000 for a 1989 japanese import... :rofl: i love it.

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 05:28 PM
.......beleive ....... owners baught their car in Canada but ended up with a over-drifted beat up car. I baught my car f.........

sorry I couldn't take you serious after this

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:30 PM
"Shit i'd rather drive a neon with 3 spoilers than be caught in a rhd."

Bitch please! Nobody willingly wants to be driving a neon...And yes I know the srt-4 can whip my silvia and some of them out there can whip covette's but who give's a shit. At the end of the day, when some hot chick come's up to you and ask's what car you drive I can garantee 90% of the people on this site would rather name ANY rhd over a shitty Neon...And yes I am a 'young' (21) white guy but I did pay for my car over 2 years ago so I don't think I fit in to the "jumping on the recent RHD bandwagon"!!!!

Nice try though....Neon's are gay, pointe finale mon esti.

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:31 PM

sorry I couldn't take you serious after this

That's fine buddy...it's the truth!

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:34 PM

Cause you spell like you have downsyndrome.

"Shit i'd rather drive a neon with 3 spoilers than be caught in a rhd."

Bitch please! Nobody willingly wants to be driving a neon...And yes I know the srt-4 can whip my silvia and some of them out there can whip covette's but who give's a shit. At the end of the day, when some hot chick come's up to you and ask's what car you drive I can garantee 90% of the people on this site would rather name ANY rhd over a shitty Neon...And yes I am a 'young' (21) white guy but I did pay for my car over 2 years ago so I don't think I fit in to the "jumping on the recent RHD bandwagon"!!!!

Nice try though....Neon's are gay, pointe finale mon esti.

I'd take an srt-4 over almost any RHD.

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 05:35 PM

look at the highlighted spelling mistakes

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure my spelling isn't that bad and if you really want an SRT-4 that's your choice.

Sorry I just realized how many people are on this site and the fact is this conversation can go on all day so fuck it! I love my Silvia...isn't that what really matters? Men and their love for cars???

Different mood I know but it is true.

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Ahhh brendan, he editted before we both could get the quote in ;) Least we both saw what he had before (something similar to "Whats wrong with that... it's the truth!")

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:38 PM

:dunno: Are you flirting with me?

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Your the one with downsyndrome if honestly think I'm flirting with you.

Just trying to end my part of the conversation because like I mentioned, this subject can go back and forth for months. I put in my two cents and if you don't like my spelling or my p.o.v. then that's just a dam shame!

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty sure my spelling isn't that bad and if you really want an SRT-4 that's your choice.

Sorry I just realized how many people are on this site and the fact is this conversation can go on all day so fuck it! I love my Silvia...isn't that what really matters? Men and their love for cars???

yeah it is a bit of a big site.

Look we are not saying that you shouldn't enjoy your Silvia, I guess what my point was dont paint your RHD as the shit and we wont paint ALL RHD's as shit.

Is a two way street. It is great that you like yours but the majority of RHD cars and drivers are total crap.

I work downtown near the Shell Center and there is a pretty sick RHD black Supra that goes by me every day when I go into work and the car is sweet and deserves props, but the CRAP RHD's that almost hit me head on going to silvan lake need to GTFO. My point being that RHD's are like BMW's. Most are annoying and people who think they are baller, and some actually work out well.

Also go to http://www.mozilla.org/ and download firefox and have the auto spell checker run for you if you dont think your spelling is that bad.

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Your the one with downsyndrome if honestly think I'm flirting with you.

Just trying to end my part of the conversation because like I mentioned, this subject can go back and forth for months. I put in my two cents and if you don't like my spelling or my p.o.v. then that's just a dam shame!

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your

A 21 year old should know the difference.

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Agreed, I have seen my fair share of dumb-shit RHD drivers. Especially back in Montreal. Almost all the driver's are crap over there, RHD or not!

I'm not saying my Silvia is the shit, I just like it! Plus I went through hell to get it so I'm going to enjoy it:thumbsup:

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
^^ I agree with Brendan, and i'm just being a jerk, it's what I do ;)

There are some nice RHD cars, like I said earlier, I considered getting one. The market just seems way over saturated with them now so a lot of the "exotic" appeal is gone.

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
About spelling, you can fully understand what I am saying and we all make mistake's.

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:47 PM
True again. I've never seen so many Skyline's ever since I moved out to Cow-Town! But like I mentioned earlier, I baught my car just over 2 years ago! Those cars weren't as big back then, still not selling it for a while though!

Also, I definatly do not consider myself a baller. My car was cheap but is somewhat 'rare' and please don't consider me similar to BMW drivers. We can all agree that they are douche's (I don't know the correct spelling for that word so go nuts!!!)

403Gemini
05-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Good to see you got yours and held onto it. Guess back to my original point (as i am the OP...) is why are so many people flipping them so quickly? I'm willing to bet 4/5 that go on sale (privately) are heaps of shit and a big money sink that the original owner didnt anticipate.

Jlude
05-20-2008, 05:49 PM

I'd take an srt-4 over almost any RHD.

No shit... I've been in some fast SRT-4s.... I really like them.

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Good to see you got yours and held onto it. Guess back to my original point (as i am the OP...) is why are so many people flipping them so quickly? I'm willing to bet 4/5 that go on sale (privately) are heaps of shit and a big money sink that the original owner didnt anticipate.

That's forshure! That's why I searched for an export company instead of an import company! Nothing against import concern because Christian helped me get my car and in the end I probably would have lost it to auction if it wasn't for him!

But thanks! Going back and forth has made the last hour at work fly by!!!

Ihatetowait
05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
About spelling, you can fully understand what I am saying and we all make mistake's.

Especially in our usernames, SilviaFreAK

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 05:53 PM

well I have a friend who has a RHD VR4 Galant (Evo 1 Chassis and engine) and it is falling apart quite quickly.

sort of sad really, but it is a hunk of junk. Also he did a bunch of JDM stuff before he did the safety things (like brakes and suspension) but to each his own.

It is a fast car but I like that my 2008 starts everyday I go outside and NEVER had to work on it unless I want to

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Last place that I tried to use the correct spelling someone already had it so I stuck with what you see...

Are you really going to try and say that I'm the only one that make's spelling mistake's on this site or with my user name???

There was a whole thread of people bashing this guy because his grammar was shit!!! Sometime's it's a little much. We all use abbreviations back in the day with msn and icq and all that shit!

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Mitsubishi :thumbsdow

Nissan :thumbsup:

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Last place that I tried to use the correct spelling someone already had it so I stuck with what you see...

Are you really going to try and say that I'm the only one that make's spelling mistake's on this site or with my user name???

There was a whole thread of people bashing this guy because his grammar was shit!!! Sometime's it's a little much. We all use abbreviations back in the day with msn and icq and all that shit!

it is done, we have moved on, drop it

silviafreek89
05-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Merci Brendan.

I will say this: If I see a good deal on a super clean mkIV -goodbye Silvie!

D911
05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
At the end of the day, when some hot chick come's up to you and ask's what car you drive I can garantee 90% of the people on this site would rather name ANY rhd over a shitty Neon...

I honestly dont think most "Hot chicks" will know what the fuck your talking about when you tell them you drive a "silvia" to them, and to boot, the moment they hear its an 89, you'll get "ewww its old!"

gqmw
05-20-2008, 06:36 PM
^ haha yeah most girls will have no idea, all they really care about is how nice, shiny and new it is..

sadiuaimports
05-20-2008, 06:45 PM
RHD HATERS..........fuck it! this is a waste of time

86max
05-20-2008, 06:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/86MAX/CaptainObvious.jpg

Nothing personal Wayne, just tired of seeing the same old shit every day on this forum lol

inline6turbo
05-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Lol I love my JDM cars, and driving them is only hard if you're an idiot or are to stuck up to even bother trying to adapt, plain and simple. Man, i'm surprised any of you drive stick considering the "extra bit of effort" it takes to shift manually. Grow up, move on, some are beat to shit, but I can look out my window and see tons of beat to shit USDM cars as well...OMG what were they thinking!
Let's talk about something that's actually worth the time.

:closed:

88CRX
05-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 86max

Nothing personal Wayne, just tired of seeing the same old shit every day on this forum lol

Sooooo true :rofl:

randedge
05-20-2008, 07:06 PM
RWD impossible in winter?

I drove RWD for winter since I got my license pretty much. After that I got RWD and MID engine. And then raced it in winter too.

inline6turbo
05-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by randedge

I drove RWD for winter since I got my license pretty much. After that I got RWD and MID engine. And then raced it in winter too.

My winter beater is a mustang, never had any problems either.
All boils down to driver stupidity

86max
05-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by randedge

I think you missed the point....rwd is not impossible in winter, in fact I drive one and prefer it over fwd in winter, but there's people on this board who can't comprehend the fact that some people have summer and winter cars. "You have a winter car when your summer car is ONLY a $20k car! Mind Boggling!!"

Funny how a thread can get sidetracked so easily :rofl:

Back to the matter at hand.....discussing why so many rhd cars are for sale on beyond....perhaps because the majority of rhd owners are 16-21.....and the majority of beyond members are 16-21....OH SNAP!

D911
05-20-2008, 07:32 PM
....perhaps because the majority of rhd owners are 16-21.....

Its weird that you say that,
I find that a lot of the performance/trend orientated vehicles would be owned in that age, ie, 180SX's, Soarers, etc ..

however, I've seen this mom driving around her daughter in a RHD Toyota Starlet, This older [50s?] guy was sitting in his RHD Mitsu SUV when i came out of Concept 1 the other day, and theres also this older guy [and his wife who seems to alwys be in the passenger side] who drives an aristo, and seemed to frequent SAIT often, and another early 30s looking guy driving a Pulsar GTiR..

Kona9
05-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by D911

Its weird that you say that,
I find that a lot of the performance/trend orientated vehicles would be owned in that age, ie, 180SX's, Soarers, etc ..

however, I've seen this mom driving around her daughter in a RHD Toyota Starlet,

Why was she driving around her daughter?

Toms-SC
05-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Its over played now, dawg

/thread

Furthermore;

High school is nearing completion. Await till the start of the next school year and sales will go up again.

saiyajin
05-20-2008, 08:56 PM
for the love of god it is spelt

BOUGHT

86max
05-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
for the love of god it is spelt

BOUGHT

For the love of god, it is SPELLED

SPELLED [/B]

lol

TorqueDog
05-20-2008, 09:11 PM
I saw the black RHD Civic hatch. Only question I had was "Why?"

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
^^ downtown today??? I saw him on memorial as I was walking home from work

TorqueDog
05-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Nah, Glenmore Trail Westbound @ MacLeod Trail underpass last Friday, ~2:30 pm.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with the car or anything, but I figure that if I were going to go through the fuss of buying a RHD car, I'd get something a bit unique.

... although considering how many bloody Skylines and Silvias I see now, I suppose a RHD Civic hatch is more unique than either of those. :nut:

Eleanor
05-20-2008, 09:38 PM

OMFG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This picture should instantly pop up whenever there's BMW, RHD, JDM or ticket in the thread title :rofl:

LongCity
05-20-2008, 09:57 PM

For the love of god, it is SPELLED

SPELLED

lol [/B]

No, you can spell it either way.

D911
05-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Why was she driving around her daughter?

I...dont...know?

86max
05-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

No, you can spell it either way.

"Spelt' is the traditional British form but it's not recognised in most other parts of the world. (i.e. it's not part of 'international english').

'Spelled' is creeping in from the US and seems to be the accepted form for many British newspapers.

According to the OED, irrespective of the form chosen, the correct way of pronouncing the word is 'spelt'. This is unusual because it's normally the US form of a word which matches spelling with pronunciation; here it's the British form which does so."

Kind of like color and colour I guess.

Good call skippy

stevo 27
05-20-2008, 10:48 PM
it's good that alot of the jdm car's are somewhat of a fad so when the newer versions of them come out i can pick up the one's i like for 20 cents on the dollar

id like to build a skyline :thumbsup:

Gibson
05-20-2008, 10:49 PM
To the OP's original question, it's because a lot of import companies now use this site as a way to get more publicity for their cars. Look at the names of the posted, and of the pictures of the cars.

saiyajin
05-20-2008, 11:09 PM

"Spelt' is the traditional British form but it's not recognised in most other parts of the world. (i.e. it's not part of 'international english').

'Spelled' is creeping in from the US and seems to be the accepted form for many British newspapers.

According to the OED, irrespective of the form chosen, the correct way of pronouncing the word is 'spelt'. This is unusual because it's normally the US form of a word which matches spelling with pronunciation; here it's the British form which does so."

Kind of like color and colour I guess.

Good call skippy

ya... good job there buddy :nut:

loweg
05-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Nah, Glenmore Trail Westbound @ MacLeod Trail underpass last Friday, ~2:30 pm.

It was me, bought it to replace my white 94 eg that I had for 5-6 years...old eg was beat up, crappy interior, starting to rust, had a d16z6.

Bought it because...b16, could take the carbon hood, hatch (so I can actually put a license plate on) and duckbill, and put my old ww lip kit on it. All my parts fit, and I looked for both lHD and RHD and this was the best one that I found.

Only complaint, the LSD is very aggressive for everyday driving.

As far as RHd, drive it for fun, I actually use it for business, and drive it like I drove the LHD, it has its pain in the ass moments and anyone who says it doesnt is a liar, however the fact that it is a nice car, in good shape, and reminds me of my old eg is the best part...

I agree with the haters though...too many jackasses in RHD, however, remember that it is not all of us.

BlackFyre
05-20-2008, 11:12 PM
RHD cars are the greatest in the world.
All other cars are driven by little girls.
Japan number one exporter of potassium.
Other countries have inferior potassium.

Seriously though, who cares? Why does everyone get so bent out of shape about this stuff? The OP was simply stating an observation, no need to get so ass-hurt about it. People will always have a problem with imported vehicles, that's just the way it is, deal with it or GTFO. There are plenty of beyond'ers here that drive imported vehicles (Japan or otherwise), and the ones that seem to lack the right mindset get weeded out fast enough in their "ZOMG I DID 9000KM/h and totally ass raped this tool in his 1998 Honda SIR-DVQ-XYZ-GTR-LMNOP" posts.

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by loweg
I agree with the haters though...too many jackasses in RHD, however, remember that it is not all of us. Certainly not you... you crept along doing about 10 KM/H... much like the rest of us. :nut:

That third lane being closed in the underpass is really a pain in the arse. Either idiots need to stop racing up the right lane until it ends and we get guilted into letting them in by our significant others, or the city needs to open the damn lane already... and since there's no chance in hell of the first option being a possibility....

b18cr
05-21-2008, 12:25 AM

or that, haha

why???
because the top of the line USDM - 92-95 civic SI is a single cam and 100hp or less.. a JDM RHD 92-95 civic in any model will have a decent REAL motor pushin a good 150+ hp with 100+ tq.. a B16. ---same with the CRX, USDM models come wit shiittty ass engines. some even carburated..

the japanese really know how to build cars, mainly performance wise.. i forgot who said somethin like this on beyond, but an importer vouched for the condition of these jdm cars saying that when he was in japan, nobody drives, cause japan is so small and tryin to get around on a car is pointless, most people take the subways,bus or just walk. thats why their cars have low kms, some arent even modded- bone stock, and mint mint mint.. and getting a RHD 180SX, Soarer, Supra, Skyline any RHD car starting from $6000 it will be rust free and pretty good running cond..

another good thing about the RHD cars are the Mitsu Pajeros, Landruisers, and Hilux SSX. the Turbo'd diesels. aweomse cars, great engines, a Landcruiser/Hilux is the 4runner in america, but the USDM 4runners just run a V6..

japanese cars = performance

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by b18cr
because the top of the line USDM - 92-95 civic SI is a single cam and 100hp or less.. a JDM RHD 92-95 civic in any model will have a decent REAL motor pushin a good 150+ hp with 100+ tq.. a B16. ---same with the CRX, USDM models come wit shiittty ass engines. some even carburated..

----

the japanese really know how to build cars, mainly performance wise..

----

japanese cars = performance If the Japanese really know how to build cars, 'mainly performance-wise', then how come you just got finished saying they have shit performance? You know the USDM models were still built in Japan back in those days, right?

b18cr
05-21-2008, 01:06 AM
i didnt say they have shit performance, i said the engine was carburated..

yes the USDM models were still built in japan, but they came with slow engines.. use for more fuel efficient cars.. honda!

mx73someday
05-21-2008, 01:07 AM
The reason the owners sell these cars so quickly is usually so they can own more JDM cars. They import them because they're affordable, play with them for a little while and then flip them so they can try the next imported car.

It's true that some people sell them due to high maintenance costs, but seriously what do you expect from a 15 year old car?! Most of the haters own cars that are much less than 10 years old, it's ridiculous to compare new cars to 15 year old cars. It's obvious that the 15 year old car will be in relatively worse condition and will require more maintenance.

If we were free to import any model year from Japan you can bet that most of the cars coming over would be a lot newer than 15 years old. The Canadian market is bland and overpriced, the fact that 15 year old RHD cars have had such an impact on this market is proof of that. If the domestic market cars were in fact so great, then there would be no need for these imported RHD cars. Just because haters can't see the value in these cars doesn't mean that they don't have value to others.

b18cr
05-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by mx73someday
The reason the owners sell these cars so quickly is usually so they can own more JDM cars. They import them because they're affordable, play with them for a little while and then flip them so they can try the next imported car.

It's true that some people sell them due to high maintenance costs, but seriously what do you expect from a 15 year old car?! Most of the haters own cars that are much less than 10 years old, it's ridiculous to compare new cars to 15 year old cars. It's obvious that the 15 year old car will be in relatively worse condition and will require more maintenance.

If we were free to import any model year from Japan you can bet that most of the cars coming over would be a lot newer than 15 years old. The Canadian market is bland and overpriced, the fact that 15 year old RHD cars have had such an impact on this market is proof of that. If the domestic market cars were in fact so great, then there would be no need for these imported RHD cars. Just because haters can't see the value in these cars doesn't mean that they don't have value to others.

what maintenance do some guys really have to do on these cars, my skyline didnt need much but new brake pads, a good engine flush and an oil change.

us722
05-21-2008, 01:59 AM
you can't win against torquedog, he owns a BMW

Aleks
05-21-2008, 07:10 AM
A 150 HP N/A Civic or anything else Does NOT equal performance in Calgary.

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 08:07 AM
^X2.

Originally posted by us722
you can't win against torquedog, he has a mind of his own unlike you sheepFixed. :D

JRSC00LUDE
05-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Is this thread delivery or delissio?

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Most recent RHD I saw was delivery. :rofl: Dominooooos.

randedge
05-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I think another reason there are so many for sale is that a lot of guys have figured out how to import these things on their own and are looking to make a quick buck.

Moneymoneymoney....

tentacles
05-21-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm going to get a RHD BMW.

pf0sh0
05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
lhd vs rhd for the birrrionth time... we need peace, we all need ..mclarens..

Toms-SC
05-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Is this thread delivery or delissio?

It is just flat out suck

nissanK
05-21-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't know about all other JDM sellers, but I'm upgrading my JDM, not going back to LHD.

Sure parts are expensive/hard to find for some models. (DAMN PULSAR) But overall, I'm going to stick with a RHD car for a little while longer. Prolly till my woman tells me to get a "practical" car.:poosie:

403Gemini
05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by D911

I honestly dont think most "Hot chicks" will know what the fuck your talking about when you tell them you drive a "silvia" to them, and to boot, the moment they hear its an 89, you'll get "ewww its old!"

Yup. And a lot of chicks arent really into cars so if you say you drive an srt-4 and you even show it to them, chances are they won't realize it's "just a neon" , it looks like an aggressive sports compact car and some chicks dig that.

403Gemini
05-21-2008, 11:36 AM

None taken at all Andy, I know you maintain your car and did your due diligence before you bought it... I'm just curious as to why people aren't doing the same. People would laugh at a 2001 prelude selling for 5 grand because the old saying is "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is" but a lot of kids see "skyline for 6grand!" and they buy it becauset hey think its a "deal"

403Gemini
05-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BlackFyre

Seriously though, who cares? Why does everyone get so bent out of shape about this stuff? The OP was simply stating an observation, no need to get so ass-hurt about it. People will always have a problem with imported vehicles, that's just the way it is, deal with it or GTFO. There are plenty of beyond'ers here that drive imported vehicles (Japan or otherwise), and the ones that seem to lack the right mindset get weeded out fast enough in their "ZOMG I DID 9000KM/h and totally ass raped this tool in his 1998 Honda SIR-DVQ-XYZ-GTR-LMNOP" posts.

OMG

SOMEBODY caught the point of my thread ! Thank you.

It wasn't to go "lawl jdm cars are bad" i'm just stating there is an insane influx of JDM cars. I honestly avoid the marketplace most of the time now because it's always littered with JDM cars. Honestly there is only a handful of JDM cars I would consider.... mostly the Skyline (since it was never sold here) or the toyota soarer since frinding a 5spd lexus sc300/400 is damn near impossible.

Whoever imports other cars, whatever, It's your money... but please do your research, there is no need for heaps of japan's shit coming over to Canada. Of course there is the counter argument "Well you see tons of shitty LHD vehicles roaming around" and you're absolutely right... but i bet if i bought a shitty 1990 mustang i could restore her a lot quicker than a person who bought a shitty 1990 skyline.

TaiChino
05-21-2008, 12:06 PM
This argument can and will go on forever, I know what the original post was concerning, but how quickly it turns into the age old LHD vs. RHD thread. So without further adiue, :repost: :closed:

Kona9
05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
It's unfortunate that a shit load of irresponsible, immature, losers hopped on the JDM Fadwagon, drive and act out Dori Dori Styles and ruin for people that are truly involved & responsible for the true enthusiast portion of JDM or RHD vehicles.

It goes with any model or type of Vehicle. Now, due to the mainstream topic of JDM this or RHD that, it's the downfall to a fad that had a cheap way of entry, and given a hurt name by said people in first paragraph.

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 12:52 PM
This thread is too funny.

I wanna see Captain Obvious :nut:

forced_eg
05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
thats why you tell the hunnies you drive a beamer!!

i really hated rhd cars because you know most of them have been beat to shit!! but i guess it depends how much you pay for it.. a guy at my work bought a 93 supra w/40k on it, everything is original, but it cost him $24000, i cringed when he told me how much but when seeing this car, holy crap! ive never seen anything cleaner

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Well I think 24k on any RHD will assure you of a somewhat well-maintained vehicule...

For intance, I am the third owner. The first was a farmer and the second was the owner of the export company and he used it as a company car (hence the 'Feast' logo on my hood). All depends on the car history, when and where you buy it! Example: The first couple of rx-7's that came off the boat -no good! Same goes for the first couple of MKIV's that will eventually show up...If they are under 10k run away.

avow
05-21-2008, 01:27 PM
jdm cars really do have their place here. i drive an accord to and from work every day because it is cheap, easy to drive and maintain (esp when work is 50km away).

Now obviously its in my blood to have a performance vehicle so i bought a jdm mr2 last year. I drive it in the evenings and the weekends because it is a ton of fun esp going from the 130 hp boat to that beast of a mid engine beast.

I don't think I would be able to afford the performance point that the mr2 offers if I were to have bought a similar preforming lhd car. That isn't to say maintenance is cheap, its pricey, but its also my weekend hobby. i don't know, just my two cents.

ZyaL8R
05-21-2008, 02:26 PM
I saw mine not as a "JDM LAWL" but as the chance to buy an excellent-quality Z32 without the rust or other "body issues" you'd find on a typical canadian 300 that's 15-ish years old.

And I keep mine spotless. Only started getting rock chips when I started driving it here, go figure. I've always wanted a clean Z, and I got the chance to pick one up 2 years ago that was just what I was looking for.

Lots of posts in this thread sound like nothing more than cock envy that their "not JDM" civic is still slow, but "HEY at least it's LHD! Losers!"

Whatever, buy what you want, drive what you want, and basically STFU about it. Or can we start poking fun at the huge ricer crowd driving LHD honduhs? 'Cause I guarantee there's more ricers in LHDs. Position of the steering wheel doesn't mean anything, you'll find rusted out S13's, etc anywhere.

Toms-SC
05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkgMbU-we1o

b18cr
05-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Well I think 24k on any RHD will assure you of a somewhat well-maintained vehicule...

For intance, I am the third owner. The first was a farmer and the second was the owner of the export company and he used it as a company car (hence the 'Feast' logo on my hood). All depends on the car history, when and where you buy it! Example: The first couple of rx-7's that came off the boat -no good! Same goes for the first couple of MKIV's that will eventually show up...If they are under 10k run away.

BAUGHT

shiet dude.. learn to spell

analbumcover
05-21-2008, 03:42 PM

BAUGHT

shiet dude.. learn to spell

what exactly does shiet spell?

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 03:48 PM

shiet

Well done...

Does it bother you that much???

VEHICULE!?!?!? Please explain what is wrong there.

I forgot an 's' in the instance!!! God forbid, I must go study so I don't offend the grammar police on this forum!!!

By the way buddy, are you fluent in any language other than english?? Just curious...

b18cr
05-21-2008, 04:15 PM
SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT. its spelled shit. i know.. just sounds better in real life. sayed like shee-it.

dude, VEHICLE is how its spelled.

yepp, im fluent in other languages. why does it matter?

88CRX
05-21-2008, 04:20 PM
http://www.lolsauce.com/RandomBS/English%20Mother%20Fucker.jpeg

BTW, this whole thread is full of fail :thumbsdow

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 04:22 PM
My apologies, it's my bilingualism kicking in....

But if you're going to try and bust my balls for spelling don't purposely mis-spell a word to try and get your point accross because that just looks foolish! My spelling mistake's are by accident and probably because I'm typing very fast as to not stray from work.

Other language's sometime's take over when you are trying to type or speak...french/english english/french is the worst in that respect, that's why I asked.

gqmw
05-21-2008, 04:24 PM
LOL i like how 1st page he was getting flamed for his spelling, 3rd page, he's still getting flamed.

VEHICULE!?!?!? Please explain what is wrong there.

You have got to be kidding me. :banghead:

gqmw
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
My apologies, it's my bilingualism kicking in....

But if you're going to try and bust my balls for spelling don't purposely mis-spell a word to try and get your point accross because that just looks foolish! My spelling mistake's are by accident and probably because I'm typing very fast as to not stray from work.

Other language's sometime's take over when you are trying to type or speak...french/english english/french is the worst in that respect, that's why I asked.

looks like you're making an effort to spell..
by adding in a bunch of unnecessary " 's"
it's just annoying to read writing with a whole bunch of spelling mistakes..