View Full Version : RHD road trip,

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 09:29 PM
so,
im thinking about makin a trip in my skyline,
possibly to chicago at the end of june,
any thoughts, ?
any wierd laws in the states about RHD i should be aware about
should i just sell it before then and get a different ride?
thanks

Eleanor
05-20-2008, 09:33 PM
here's what you need:

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/flame_suit.jpg

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
ahaha fuck the RHDness of beyond today

vengie
05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
ahaha fuck the RHDness of beyond today

QFT! :rofl:

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM
wow those are some stunning answers,
thanks for the help its greatly appreciated

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
douchebag's

n1zm0
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
sell your Skyline because you're going to the states? :nut: your car is Alberta registered, i think the state of Illinois can give a rats ass that your steering wheel is on the wrong side.. :dunno:

a JDM RHD car gets treated just the same as a pinto..

08's..:rolleyes:

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
no i mean for gas milage,
parts ect ect, i havent drove my car farther then edmonton,
im not sure if they are reliable to drive for more then 4+ hr/s straight

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
^^ jesus did you even read the threads today??? why would you bring up RHD's or JDM's

also it is not illegal to operate a vehicle in the US as long as it is legal in the province it is registered in. Think about it, you dont need to conform your vehicle to the individual provinces when you go on vacation so why would you have to internationally.

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
i dont know,
i dont know the laws or w/e down there,
it was just a question,
i wasnt asking for someone to be a douchebag,
and no i dont read every thread on beyond, sorry
i was under the impression that this was a "Car Forum" not a "Domestic Car's only forum"

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by travis_gillard

well

First you didnt say that in your original post so how are we supposed to know it.

Second isn't that based on the quality of your vehicle? not some guys on a forum who dont know your car at all. Book an inspection at a dealership to have it checked out. :closed:

i dont know,
i dont know the laws or w/e down there,
it was just a question,
i wasnt asking for someone to be a douchebag,
and no i dont read every thread on beyond, sorry

wow are you pissy tonight

http://esum.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/serious.jpg

CivicDXR
05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
if I may add something...

have fun trying to pass cars on the 2 lane highways... hope you've got a passenger with you that can judge how far an oncoming car is...

Eleanor
05-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
if I may add something...

have fun trying to pass cars on the 2 lane highways... hope you've got a passenger with you that can judge how far an oncoming car is...

on second thought, never mind

n1zm0
05-20-2008, 09:53 PM

you made the choice to buy a 6 cyl turbocharged vehicle, you can also make the choice if you can afford the gas, you should keep up to date with general maintenance times and such, my guess is your skyrine has around 100k kms, have you done the timing belt yet?, check cv boots, change tranny/diff fluid etc etc etc

this handful of kids who buy JDM cars and don't even
know when oil should be changed etc :banghead:

ahem...

http://www.beyond.ca/young-drivers-fail-car-maintenance-101/

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 09:54 PM
no it just makes me pissed when people hate JDM's or RHD's its just a car man thats like saying i hate african americans because they are black ... its just senseless

G-ZUS
05-20-2008, 09:57 PM
i hate african americans because they are black ...

That's racist:thumbsdow

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 09:58 PM
no im not a mechanic haha i was just asking, that doesnt mean i have down syndrome, im just not sure if there was something that went when the cars were drove over an excessive amount of time, yet again im asking for advice, not for someone to complain to me about my car havin a steering wheel 2 feet to the right of anyone else

beyond101
05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
i hate RHD.

travis_gillard
Originally posted by G-ZUS

That's racist:thumbsdow
that was taken out of context lol

CivicDXR
no it just makes me pissed when people hate JDM's or RHD's its just a car man thats like saying i hate african americans because they are black ... its just senseless

yes, good point... a car is a car... so why come in and start a thread about a RHD road trip... u just brought in on your self by stating it was a RHD road trip instead of just a road trip...

a car is a car, if its maintained properly (which you really have no clue since its someone in japans old beater), then it'll be fine...

The Cosworth
05-20-2008, 10:02 PM
no im not a mechanic haha i was just asking, that doesnt mean i have down syndrome, im just not sure if there was something that went when the cars were drove over an excessive amount of time, yet again im asking for advice, not for someone to complain to me about my car havin a steering wheel 2 feet to the right of anyone else

no one fucking was, I just was laughing because there already was this thread.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219625&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=1

and this thread

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/219651/i-took-my-1st-quotjdmquot-photo-shoot-today/

and the best quote to set the stage for this THIRD epic JDM thread.

Originally posted by dj_rice

He tooks the pictures with his right hand instead of his left, and used his right eye instead of the left eye

Why you didnt call it a roadtrip in my skyline and ask what to check for maintenance is beyond me. Why does the RHD or LHD affect the maintenance cycle of your car when you drive to the US. I guess I am laughing because you had to call it a RHD road trip

Poor thread title choice by you

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 10:03 PM

yes, good point... a car is a car... so why come in and start a thread about a RHD road trip... u just brought in on your self by stating it was a RHD road trip instead of just a road trip...

a car is a car, if its maintained properly (which you really have no clue since its someone in japans old beater), then it'll be fine...
the reson why i said "RHD" road trip was because i was trying to get the attention of other people with Right hand drives to hear from their past experiences and get advice from them. ect if you dont like rhd then what compelled you to come in and post in my rhd thread having no experience with them and having no knowledge of them?

n1zm0
05-20-2008, 10:04 PM
im just not sure if there was something that went when the cars were drove over an excessive amount of time,

yes! it's a car just like your neighbor's taurus or accord, things will break down over excessive amounts of time.. like any other car, especially if you dont MAINTAIN it.

the reson why i said "RHD" road trip was because i was trying to get the attention of other people with Right hand drives to hear from their past experiences and get advice from them. ect if you dont like rhd then what compelled you to come in and post in my rhd thread having no experience with them and having no knowledge of them?

in all honesty my brother owns a RHD Levin GT-Z (which i seem to always end up fixing), just like anycar things will go wrong, but finding certain things can be a fken headache and you will have to research yourself, learn something about your car, it can be the smartest thing you can do before visiting a mechanic

CivicDXR
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM

if you dont like rhd then what compelled you to come in and post in my rhd thread having no experience with them and having no knowledge of them?

truthfully... i come into these threads to see how much noobness ensues...

never fails... :rofl:

Pahnda
05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread guys, but some friends and I are going for a BMW road trip to Caliiiiii. Any laws in America about being too ballin'? What about driving a BMW that far? Are cars meant to be driven more than a few hours a day? What about my headlamp fluid my mechanic told me to top up?

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

yes! it's a car just like your neighbor's taurus or accord, things will break down over excessive amounts of time.. like any other car, especially if you dont MAINTAIN it.
EXACTLY! you deserve a hero cookie,
and just like any other vehichle there was most likely parts that after some time broke, or failed in a majority of the same vehichle under the same cercumstances due to poor maufacturing and what i was asking is exactly that, if there was anything that breaks, or fails under long amounts of time in a large amount of RHD! skylines

Eleanor
05-20-2008, 10:10 PM

and just like any other vehichle there was most likely parts that after some time broke, or failed in a majority of the same vehichle under the same cercumstances due to poor maufacturing and what i was asking is exactly that, if there was anything that breaks, or fails under long amounts of time in a large amount of RHD! skylines

vehicle, circumstances, manufacturing, inappropriate use of punctuation and lack of clarity.

3/10

The Cosworth

three people have said that in your thread already, see were not hating on you.

Originally posted by brendankharris
Why does the RHD or LHD affect the maintenance cycle of your car when you drive to the US.

Primer_Drift
Hay
Looking for a RHD battery. Anyone know of a shop where I can have one installed for cheap? :dunno:

Pahnda
05-20-2008, 10:11 PM

Apparently the first thing to go with many of them are the driver's brains.

BTW, I'm working in Japan right now. Want a newer more leet JDM machine? Send me your credit card number and expiration date for more details. And SIN if you have it handy, thanks.

Sincerely,

Mr. Mugabe

n1zm0
05-20-2008, 10:12 PM

omg... you are talking about factory service bulletins and such.. buddy, this is 2008, your best bet is to goto Japan and talk to the Nissan dealership and tell them to dig up all their service bulletins for an R32 GTS-t or whatever..

you're making no sense in what you want answered..

Dj_Stylz
05-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I need RHD Mirrors. Anyone got some for sale?

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 10:13 PM
wow,
i cant believe you guys,
i came onto beyond to ask a couple simple questions,
and ask for some advice
not to get fuckin persecuted

CivicDXR
05-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
Hay
Looking for a RHD battery. Anyone know of a shop where I can have one installed for cheap? :dunno:

i have a left handed mechanic that would be perfect for that job... just make sure the terminals are switched around, or it won't work with you RHD...

vengie

i dont hate RHD cars... just their drivers, they seem to have "bmw" syndrome

ahh who am i kidding, i hate the cars to, i can respect a cleanly built car however 98% of them are beaten shitboxes

The Cosworth
wow,
i cant believe you guys,
and ask for some advice

ok, what is your question.

BE SPECIFIC and you will have an answer.

Leave out RHD, JDM, HATE, Etc.

Redlyne_jr
05-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Pahnda
Sorry to hijack the thread guys, but some friends and I are going for a BMW road trip to Caliiiiii. Any laws in America about being too ballin'? What about driving a BMW that far? Are cars meant to be driven more than a few hours a day? What about my headlamp fluid my mechanic told me to top up?

ya i heard about this headlamp fluid stuff aswell... where can i buy replacement fluid to top it up... CTire? i didnt even know it existed..

Wehbeast
05-20-2008, 10:15 PM

I always thought those JDM cars were maintenance free and never broke down

Supa Dexta
05-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Take pics!

.. I want to see what a dozen or 2 jdm's look like all broken down in a row...

....I guess I could look at the auction sites parking lot pics though..

... ziiiiing..

beyond101
05-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by vengie

i dont hate RHD cars... just their drivers, they seem to have "bmw" syndrome

ahh who am i kidding, i hate the cars to, i can respect a cleanly built car however 98% of them are beaten shitboxes

i heard g35 syndrome are the worst.

n1zm0
05-20-2008, 10:19 PM
wow,
i cant believe you guys,
and ask for some advice

advice:

-learn something about your car, research yourself (here (http://p209.ezboard.com/The-nissan-rb20det-forum-is-for-all-turbod-nissans/brb20det) 2 second search)

-find out what should be flushed/changed at your current kms(also research)

-If worse comes to worse and you are so lazy that you dont want to research or you dont know what to do, change ALL the fluids and start new intervals. ALL fluids, coolant,brake,tranny/diff,a/c/clutch etc

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 10:19 PM
attack of the ...

JDM NAZIS!!!!

vengie
05-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by beyond101

i heard g35 syndrome are the worst.

ya man its pretty bad :drama: :banghead:

n1zm0
05-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Wehbeast

I always thought those JDM cars were maintenance free and never broke down

ya i think it's something about the magical JDM dust and the saltwater spray on the RORO boat over here, bulletproof engines :thumbsup:

travis_gillard
05-20-2008, 10:28 PM

ya i think it's something about the magical JDM dust and the saltwater spray on the RORO boat over here, bulletproof engines :thumbsup:
thnx,
if you dont have anything that is going to answer my questions, or any meaningful advice then please stay out of my thread

pf0sh0
05-20-2008, 10:29 PM
seriously .... another one?

BlackFyre
05-20-2008, 10:33 PM

hahahaha :werd:

No, Blanket, stop! It's ignorant. You're being ignorant!

n1zm0
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM

thnx,
if you dont have anything that is going to answer my questions, or any meaningful advice then please stay out of my thread

:nut:

i don't know if you are reading my words backwards but i have been trying to tell you things that might help you

advice:

-learn something about your car, research yourself (here (http://p209.ezboard.com/The-nissan-rb20det-forum-is-for-all-turbod-nissans/brb20det) 2 second search)

-find out what should be flushed/changed at your current kms(also research)

-If worse comes to worse and you are so lazy that you dont want to research or you dont know what to do, change ALL the fluids and start new intervals. ALL fluids, coolant,brake,tranny/diff,a/c/clutch etc

in all honesty my brother owns a RHD Levin GT-Z (which i seem to always end up fixing), just like anycar things will go wrong, but finding certain things can be a fken headache and you will have to research yourself, learn something about your car, it can be the smartest thing you can do before visiting a mechanic

research/learn!!!, do you think that everyone or most people on Beyond bought their cars and knew everything about them right away?

C4S
05-20-2008, 10:59 PM

OMG ..

African americans > JDM !!! it is insane to compare black to JDM ..

Man ... why do people like to drive in the wrong side anyway?? :dunno:

Just try to count how many JDM cars break down on the roads everyday ..

Why do normal drivers hate those JDM cars ??

Some of you guys should make a trip to Japan, then you can understand, why some cars are selling in PUBLIC AUCTION .. some are selling in dealerships .. same here, if you go to public auction, you can buy cheap cars .. but think about it .. why are they selling in public auction if they are good?? :dunno:

Few of my friends have asked me to bring some cars from Japan too, ( they are living in Japan .. ) in their point of view, it is a good business, selling all the old crappy cars to Canada, can make good money, and also dumping all the crappy cars from japan!! :dunno:

Primer_Drift
05-20-2008, 11:18 PM

I don't see the connection .. black people don't brake down.. And last I checked importing them was illegal. :confused:

schurchill39
05-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Travis... your a fucking moron.

Fucking 08's

01RedDX
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM

silviafreek89
05-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
LOL

shortest road trip ever

Hahaha:burnout:

Eleanor
05-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by BlackFyre
No, Blanket, stop! It's ignorant. You're being ignorant!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: