PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Eating Made Easy

broken_legs
05-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Disclaimer: This catering company belongs to a friend of mine.

WWW.FUELYOURBODY.CA

Besides the obvious of trying to help my friend start her business, heres why I'm mentioning it here:

I find it super hard to keep my fridge stocked with groceries because of my out of town abnormal work schedule. I found out about FUEL and the food that they make. It's all frozen and pre cooked. All you have to do is heat it in the oven and its ready to go.

FUEL took all the guess work out of the food, non of it loaded with carbs, its all whole grains, veggies and low fat unlike most frozen dinners and fast food.

I got a chance to help in some of the menu decisions, and the menu is constantly being updated.

I also took a weeks worth of food out to the rig and cooked it there, I will do it again. The portions are big, and the food tastes great. A few of the other guys at work are buying the meals too.

If anyone here is like me and cant be bothered to cook your own meals, and looking for a healthy alternative to eating out, give this a try. You wont regret it. :)

nj2Type-S
05-20-2008, 11:21 PM
damn, those actually look really good!!! i'm considering picking up a couple of those dishes...would she happen to have the nutrition list for each dish? :thumbsup:

broken_legs
05-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
damn, those actually look really good!!! i'm considering picking up a couple of those dishes...would she happen to have the nutrition list for each dish? :thumbsup:

Thats a darn good question.

I'm pretty sure at this moment she does not. I believe its quite expensive to send a dish away to the lab to be analyzed, but perhaps the nutritional breakdown can be roughed out by breaking down the ingredients.

I'll make a note to ask her tomorrow.

nj2Type-S
05-20-2008, 11:35 PM
cool. on her website, it says that she only delivers. is it possible for pick up, also? if so, whereabouts?

broken_legs
05-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
cool. on her website, it says that she only delivers. is it possible for pick up, also? if so, whereabouts?

Best bet is to get in contact with her direct, I'm sure something could be arranged :)

I should mention a few of my favorites:
- BEEF STROGANOFF!
- MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
- CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- SHEPARDS PIE

nj2Type-S
05-21-2008, 12:01 AM
will do, thanks!

yeah, the chicken enchiladas sound so good..hehe :drool:

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Will definitely check this out! I might talk to FUEL instead of hitting up the grocery store next week!

rmk
05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
What size are you usually ordering?

broken_legs
05-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by rmk
What size are you usually ordering?

The largest order I got was the medium order, and generally that was more than enough to fill me up past full

I'm 220 6 ft, sit on my ass and eat all day until there is no more food left kind of guy

ExOz
05-21-2008, 07:35 PM
And you say you're not mimics of American culture. Profits from pure laziness.

Always love the "I'm so healthy I don't even get off my own ass to buy my food, or cook it..." :rolleyes:

broken_legs
05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ExOz

Always love the "I'm so healthy I don't even get off my own ass to buy my food, or cook it..." :rolleyes:

heh? :dunno:

rmk
05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

The largest order I got was the medium order, and generally that was more than enough to fill me up past full

I'm 220 6 ft, sit on my ass and eat all day until there is no more food left kind of guy

:werd: I'm going to give them a call and sample the whole menu next week. I'm with you with the work/travelling.. When you get home all you want to do is whip out for a pizza and beer. This will be perfect. Thanks for the heads up.

TorqueDog
05-21-2008, 09:24 PM

Always love the "I'm so healthy I don't even get off my own ass to buy my food, or cook it..." :rolleyes: 1. I'm a good cook, but I can't guarantee that what I'm cooking, albeit delicious, is optimally healthy in its nutritional content. I cook based strictly on how good it tastes.
2. When I come home from work, I'd be content with a bag of peanut M&Ms and some video games as opposed to jumping in the kitchen and cooking for just me. This is an easy way to access healthy food that is about as easy for me to reach for as junk food. Convenience.

Lazyness? Either that or just being tired from work.

analbumcover
05-22-2008, 08:35 AM
The food looks great!

Seems a bit expensive though

Hope she gains a lot of happy clientel!

393LX
05-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover
The food looks great!

Seems a bit expensive though

Hope she gains a lot of happy clientel!

I was kind of involved with Fuel's menu, pricing, etc as well. Trust me, if you saw the quality of the food you would think its very reasonable. For example, the beef stroganoff has top sirloin steak in it, not some cheap rubber flank steak that you cannot chew, the pork and cabbage soup has pork tenderloin in it, the list goes on and on.

I actually wanted her to raise prices to tell you the truth.

rmk
05-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Is this a part time job for her? I still have had no call back.

393LX
05-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Is this a part time job for her? I still have had no call back.

She's transitioning at the moment, working mornings at a second job for another month or so. If you leave a message, I'm sure she'll get back to you ASAP. What time did you call?

rmk
05-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by 393LX

She's transitioning at the moment, working mornings at a second job for another month or so. If you leave a message, I'm sure she'll get back to you ASAP. What time did you call?

Hey,

She did get back to me, and was friendly over the phone. Definitely looking forward to trying the food.

393LX
05-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by rmk

Hey,

She did get back to me, and was friendly over the phone. Definitely looking forward to trying the food.

Good to hear, I'm sure you'll be happy with everything. What did you order out of curiosity?

rmk
05-30-2008, 10:29 AM

Good to hear, I'm sure you'll be happy with everything. What did you order out of curiosity?

Chicken Enchilada
Med. Chicken
Beef Strog.
Spicy Seafood Pen.
Sheppherds Pie
Salman dish

All medium size.

ExOz
05-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I love your excuses, they all pertain to pure laziness.

But then again, what does the rest of the world think of canada?

Canada, just when you thought Americans were pathetic....

BlackArcher101
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Interesting concept... I would pick some of these meals up for work for sure, however, hard to deliver to Red Deer and not sure how I could get it otherwise.

JRSC00LUDE
05-30-2008, 04:09 PM

Fuck off and go back home to that over-achieving country you came from then you useless australian ass. :)

Oh wait, what's that? What was the last great contribution you pillars of advancement gave to the world?

Yeah, that's what we all thought.

So, what brought you here?

JRSC00LUDE
05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rmk

You live in Australia, no one gives a crap what you think. Tool.

No no no. He lives here in this shitty country that isn't worth it's salt because well.....I don't know why. Why would you want to live in a pathetic country with a gay military if your home turf was so exceptional? Must have come here to enjoy the lack of opportunity I guess. :dunno:

silviafreek89
05-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Haha this is great, the 3 most hated things on beyond...

1) Australians
2) Bad spelling
3) Stupid questions about RHD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A790
05-31-2008, 11:12 AM

I see... will you still lick my Canadian balls?

tighefighter
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Despite the flamewar, it looks like some good stuff - taking a look ;)

393LX
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
So....anybody try this? How was it?

Gurpy
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM

If we're sticking to stereotypes - you're a drunken douchebag that doesn't cook because you're just going to buy some pizza after the pub closes and you're about to puke on my sidewalk. Wooooooo!!!!

rmk
07-15-2008, 02:12 PM
So....anybody try this? How was it?

I tried a few of the dishes (listed above) and can't say that I would order again. Jennifer seemed pretty cool though.

nj2Type-S
07-15-2008, 02:23 PM
^care to elaborate on the food??

rmk
07-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I ordered
Rating:
Chicken Enchilada: 2.5/5
Med. Chicken: 4/5
Beef Strog.: 4/5
Spicy Seafood Pen.: 2.5/5
Sheppherds Pie: 1.5/5
Salman dish: 3/5

I thought the ingredients were great, and it was allwell put together. My real beef (pun intended) was the size of the meals. I didn't feel for the money I was spending that the value was there. FWIW, they are all medium dishes. She did provide a listing of the ingredients, of which I have used on my own.

ExtraSlow
07-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Speaking of pre-prepared meals, anyone tried those ones from Peter the Pieman at the farmers market? Not exactly "health" food, but made with real ingredients and not chemicals, and some of them are wicked tasty.

Also not cheap.

rmk
07-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Pieman is good.