PDA

View Full Version : thinking of trading my bike in

BigWill
05-20-2008, 11:46 PM
so last fall i bought a kawasaki vulcan 900 custom, at pro am motor sports, i am financing the bike through them. i really like the bike but i really want to get a sport bike. so i was wondering if it is possible to trade my bike in at pro am or any other dealership really,(much like you would do with a car) even if i still owe the bulk price of the bike?
has anyone traded a bike in before while still owing money?

Supa Dexta
05-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Yes, my last r6 was only owned for a few months before I bought it.. The tire paint was still on it! I got a pretty damn good deal on it...., and blackfoot made some each time.. So buddy really must have took a beating on it... But he was upgrading to a BMW bike, so he must have known what he was doing.

example, he prob paid 10-11k or so, plus taxes and extended warranty, which I think was another 1500. So lets say he paid 12-13k, he kept the bike for 3 months or so, and I think blackfoot gave him 7600bux for it.

...ouch,

Neons4life
05-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah I was going to trade in my bike to one of the bike dealerships, they offered me around 8500 for a brand new gsxr 1000. I laughed, hung up and sold it privately.

Wouldn't bother trading it in unless you're prepared to take a huge loss, some do consignment, or trade it in if you are desperate to get rid of it.

BigWill
05-22-2008, 06:22 PM
thanks for the info

S4maniac
05-22-2008, 06:54 PM
how much do you want for the vulcan? PM me if you decide to sell personally.