PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Sapporo?

Cooked Rice
05-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Where can I buy Sapporo in the large cans in Calgary? I have yet to really see any in the liquor stores. I've only had it at Japanese restaurants etc.

saiyajin
05-21-2008, 12:42 AM
beyond liquor had some last time i checked...:thumbsup:

Ajay
05-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Crowfoot Liquor has it as well. I see it there all the time.

cdnsir
05-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I see them at most Co-op Liquor stores in their Import section.

It's unfortunate that they only stock the Draft cans here. I just came back from Japan and Sapporo's line is massive! They have things like Half Sugar, Zero Sugar, and even Hokkaido-exclusive (where their brewery is) beers! Hmmm... Zero Sugar VivaLife's... so crisp, so good with barbecues! :drool:

LadyTurbo
05-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Sapporo is HUGE. They even own Sleeman.

JRSC00LUDE
05-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by cdnsir
I see them at most Co-op Liquor stores in their Import section.

It's unfortunate that they only stock the Draft cans here. I just came back from Japan and Sapporo's line is massive! They have things like Half Sugar, Zero Sugar, and even Hokkaido-exclusive (where their brewery is) beers! Hmmm... Zero Sugar VivaLife's... so crisp, so good with barbecues! :drool:

That's interesting, I thought you needed sugar to form alcohol in the fermentation process?

cdnsir
05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
^^ Yeah, I not sure if they strip it out at the end, or whatever they did to brew it. But they managed to have it as no sugar, yet still keeping it at the full 5% alcohol!

The one from Sapporo is called Viva!Life. I forgot the name, but Kirin had one like that too. It seems like there's a trend for healthy beers. Healthy + Beers... pretty ironic eh?

JRSC00LUDE
05-21-2008, 11:49 AM
^

Sounds cool, any amateur brewmasters on here have some insight?