PDA

View Full Version : F4i radiator fan question

drtoohotty1
05-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey I need help from someone on here regarding the electrical system, on my 03 F4i I’ve found my radiator fan doesn’t come on at all no matter how hot the bike gets, so I took off the seat checked the fuse and sure enough it was blown so I replaced it and took it for a spin, bike got hot and still no fan. Brought it back looked at the fuse and sure enough blown again. Started trying to follow a short in the wire but found nothing out of the ordinary so as a last resort I've hard wired the fan to stay on all the time by grounding out the radiator fan switch, my question is could the reason my fuse keeps blowing is because of a bad radiator fan switch? I know jackshit about electrical systems so any help would be gladly appreciated.

dacoconutnut
05-21-2008, 10:43 PM
clean the fan and make sure nothing is clogging the shit out of it, i dont think this is a wiring issue.. its the fan the might have to be replaced.. i've heard of this issue

drtoohotty1
05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
nope fan works fine, i hard wired it to stay on all the time and it runs like a champ

Supa Dexta
05-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Take a multi meter and see what its pulling for current when you have it on. Check the wiring carefully, use the continuity check to see if it's shorting. (you can also check to see what current it pulls when the fan is off)

danno
05-22-2008, 05:10 PM
i took my f4i for a service to gw cycle when i left i had a blown fuse. they said they could fix it but it would cost me. so i took it home and it was the fuse.

that's my story, maybe could help.

drtoohotty1
05-27-2008, 10:19 AM
FIXED: it was a bad thermal switch