PDA

View Full Version : Michael Mina's

89coupe
05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
How about this restaurant? Anyone been here? Just looking to hear your experience?

I booked reso's here for June 14th.

http://www.michaelmina.net/mm_lasvegas/

Gondi Stylez
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
You will enjoy every second of it! Order the tasting menu and you won't be dissatisfied! Have fun! :thumbsup:

dj_rice
05-21-2008, 07:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Too easy...

drtoohotty1
05-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
:rolleyes:

Too easy...

True...

89coupe every time i see a post by you all that comes back to mind is

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/DeShawn-Stevenson-Black-Card.jpg

Gondi Stylez
05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
DJ Rice you're a "chef" and you seem to have zero respect for people who enjoy this calibur of food :thumbsdow

dj_rice
05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
DJ Rice you're a "chef" and you seem to have zero respect for people who enjoy this calibur of food :thumbsdow

Dope....I was hoping you didnt remember :banghead: :banghead:

But jokes aside, its cause I'm a lil jealous :rofl: :rofl:

And its I'm all for a out of this world fine dining experience, just not the way 89coupe flaunts his wealth/cockiness on Beyond when all I can afford is a bowl of Pho Dac Biet....oh I forgot a X-LARGE bowl :bigpimp:

89coupe
05-21-2008, 08:48 PM
You will enjoy every second of it! Order the tasting menu and you won't be dissatisfied! Have fun! :thumbsup:

Yeh, both restaurants we plan on doing the tasting menu's for sure.

Ever since I went to Rob Feenie's old restaurant Lumiere's I've been hooked on trying fine dining restaurants.

Its a total experience and not just a place to fill your belly...LOL

Gondi Stylez
05-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Dope....I was hoping you didnt remember :banghead: :banghead:

But jokes aside, its cause I'm a lil jealous :rofl: :rofl:

And its I'm all for a out of this world fine dining experience, just not the way 89coupe flaunts his wealth/cockiness on Beyond when all I can afford is a bowl of Pho Dac Biet....oh I forgot a X-LARGE bowl :bigpimp:

Either way, have some respect for your industry and for what other people can do. So what if you can't afford it now?! Instead of buying BF KDW2 tires for your ride buy some General UHPs and go for dinner - best of both worlds!

I don't mean to be rude but come on man, you got in to the industry for a reason and hating on people because you're jealous is retarded. Also, I don't think 89coupe is cocky. He says he is eating at a place and asking for opinions, comments, etc. I've eaten at 95% of the places he has posted on Beyond and I'm 23. I'm not super loaded but dining at these places allows me to meet the owners, exec. chefs, etc. You name one of the big chefs and I've met them at their restaurant or at some food festival. Not flaunting but this is my passion and I'm a get'er done guy! Call the fucking waaambulance :dunno:

Originally posted by 89coupe

Yeh, both restaurants we plan on doing the tasting menu's for sure.

Ever since I went to Rob Feenie's old restaurant Lumiere's I've been hooked on trying fine dining restaurants.

Its a total experience and not just a place to fill your belly...LOL

He may be coming back to Lumiere as the other owner may soon be SOL! :devil:

icecreamvan
05-21-2008, 10:57 PM

Also, I don't think 89coupe is cocky. He says he is eating at a place and asking for opinions, comments, etc. I've eaten at 95% of the places he has posted on Beyond and I'm 23. I'm not super loaded but dining at these places allows me to meet the owners, exec. chefs, etc. You name one of the big chefs and I've met them at their restaurant or at some food festival.

You two sound alike.:love:

JAYMEZ
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
How is this resturant compared to the "Olive" in Bellagio , I went there last month and thought the food was amazing... Went past this one , wouldnt mind going to it in a month as well (Clothing shopping spree with the women).

icecreamvan
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
How is this resturant compared to the "Olive" in Bellagio , I went there last month and thought the food was amazing... Went past this one , wouldnt mind going to it in a month as well (Clothing shopping spree with the women).

Michael Mina's is highly recommended by a bunch of my friends who frequent Vegas, along with one of Legasse's restaurants - the steakhouse iirc. They never fail to stop by both of these restaurants whenever they're down there (if that counts for anything).

Is Olive the one around the corner from the chocolate pastry shop?

(and yes, you get a serious answer because you cla0wned the claw)

JAYMEZ
05-21-2008, 11:43 PM
^^ Its the resturant that is across from all the stores (next to Hugo Boss)and has a outside balcony that over looks the fountains... They had really good steak and great wine menu!

So with Michael Mina's, would it be recommened to book prior arriving in Vegas? I would love to take my gf to a nice resturant in the bellagio.. I've mostly ate at the MGM the past few times i went to Vegas..

And thanks for the straight answer lol.

89coupe
05-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
^^ Its the resturant that is across from all the stores (next to Hugo Boss)and has a outside balcony that over looks the fountains... They had really good steak and great wine menu!

So with Michael Mina's, would it be recommened to book prior arriving in Vegas? I would love to take my gf to a nice resturant in the bellagio.. I've mostly ate at the MGM the past few times i went to Vegas..

And thanks for the straight answer lol.

Michael Mina's and L'Atelier de JoËl Robuchon both get very high scores with the Zagat Survey. I can post them if you like.

me&you
05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
89 - Why don't you check on chowhound... they don't know you have a G35 (no harassment) and you'll get better answers/opinions

dj_rice
05-22-2008, 10:00 PM

Either way, have some respect for your industry and for what other people can do. So what if you can't afford it now?! Instead of buying BF KDW2 tires for your ride buy some General UHPs and go for dinner - best of both worlds!

I don't mean to be rude but come on man, you got in to the industry for a reason and hating on people because you're jealous is retarded. Also, I don't think 89coupe is cocky. He says he is eating at a place and asking for opinions, comments, etc. I've eaten at 95% of the places he has posted on Beyond and I'm 23. I'm not super loaded but dining at these places allows me to meet the owners, exec. chefs, etc. You name one of the big chefs and I've met them at their restaurant or at some food festival. Not flaunting but this is my passion and I'm a get'er done guy! Call the fucking waaambulance :dunno:

He may be coming back to Lumiere as the other owner may soon be SOL! :devil:

I was actually joking but...;)

And I've been outta the culinary industry for awhile now

But either way, look forward to hearing your personal review of your dining experience at these restaurants 89coupe...and you should take pictures of each dish you get

Originally posted by icecreamvan

Michael Mina's is highly recommended by a bunch of my friends who frequent Vegas, along with one of Legasse's restaurants - the steakhouse iirc. They never fail to stop by both of these restaurants whenever they're down there (if that counts for anything).

Is Olive the one around the corner from the chocolate pastry shop?

(and yes, you get a serious answer because you cla0wned the claw)

Delmonico Steakhouse?