PDA

View Full Version : Help with Dealership

EIT07
05-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I need a little help on my situation here. The driver's side window on my car makes a sqeaky noise when it's rolled up/down if it's wet (i.e. when raining, after carwashes). I took it to Hyatt Infiniti numerous times, but every time I get a bs answer. The responds that I've gotten so far are:
1. It's the design of the car
2. We could not reproduce it
3. It makes the noise because you have tint on the window, and the car is not designed to have tint on the window.
I've had enough of this bs. Is there anything that I can do to make them fix it? I thought about removing the tint and bringing it back to the dealership to prove that these guys are a bunch of morons, but that's kinda like my last resort. Anything else that I could do?
Also, if any of you have similar problems, please tell me how you get it fixed. Thanks a lot guys.

Destinova403
05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
you could call amvic or infinity/nissan canada and they could get the ball rolling... honestly aside from that im really not sure exactly what you could do.

DNSRadio
05-22-2008, 08:49 AM
take it to a Nissan Dealership

hyatt infi are dick heads....( from what i have been reading on the forums so far )

EIT07
05-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by DNSRadio
take it to a Nissan Dealership

hyatt infi are dick heads....( from what i have been reading on the forums so far )

Yeah that's what I've heard so far too. In fact I've tried calling Stadium Nissan, but they told me that they could not do warranty work on Infiniti's.

Redlyne_mr2
05-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403
you could call amvic or infinity/nissan canada and they could get the ball rolling... honestly aside from that im really not sure exactly what you could do.
AMVIC can't do anything about them being incompetent, as mentioned find a better repair facility.

EIT07
05-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah... I just called Infiniti Canada and the lady that I spoke to told me that they couldn't do anything and suggested that I go back to the dealership and talk to the service manager. I'm pretty sure the service manager is just as incompetent as everyone else there...

TomcoPDR
05-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by EIT07

3. It makes the noise because you have tint on the window, and the car is not designed to have tint on the window.

:rofl: sorry not laughing at your misery, just funny that's used as a "reason"

Try taking a look yourself.

EIT07
05-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Yeah I went to Stadium Nissan yesterday after work and the technician sprayed some silicon on the rubber strip along the door panel. Window has stopped squeaking since then. Those mofos at Hyatt are freaking useless... Never going to service my car at Hyatt ever again.

rusich
05-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by EIT07
Yeah I went to Stadium Nissan yesterday after work and the technician sprayed some silicon on the rubber strip along the door panel. Window has stopped squeaking since then. Those mofos at Hyatt are freaking useless... Never going to service my car at Hyatt ever again.

I bet you are the type of guy that can't put a picture on the wall without asking a carpenter for help.

DRKM
05-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by rusich

I bet you are the type of guy that can't put a picture on the wall without asking a carpenter for help.

+1
No offense but I would not hate on a dealership because your window is squeaking. If they blew up your engine, dropped the car off the hoist, or got inot an accident on a test drive. Then I would be pissed. But a small noise? IT seems kinda obvious, have you never rubbed glass with your hand when it is wet?