PDA

View Full Version : Best Cheeseburgers

HybridTheory
05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Me and my buddy are having a debate here at work. I say McDonalds cheeseburgers are the best while he says Wendy's Jr. Cheeseburgers are the best. What do you guys think?

bobby_lu
05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
McD Double Cheese burger, same price as the singles most elsewhere.

qbnb
05-22-2008, 03:36 PM
DQ has some pretty decent cheeseburgers.

Roger Moore
peters anyone?? :dunno:

Lagerstatten.ca
Willy's Old Style Hamburgers...best burgers out there (for fast food that is)

ExtraSlow
05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Boogies Burgers on edmonton trail and about 10th ave NE. Best in town.
Burger Inn never dissapoints.

I do go for the $1.39 double chesseburger at McD's pretty often though.

R!zz0
05-22-2008, 04:08 PM
I love Harveys burgers and Mcdonalds fries.

Ajay
05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Wendy's JBC's are my personal fave.

PHX
05-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Wendy's burgers and McDonalds fries

TaiChino
05-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Everything he just said is 100% truth. Also the new Fat Burger Southland is good too.

Cooked Rice
05-22-2008, 04:25 PM
I find cheese burgers at fast food joints to be way too small. Like wtf, it's not even a burger. Burger King Whopper FTW! Nothing else!

01RedDX
05-22-2008, 04:30 PM

dino_martini
05-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I like Harvey's if you just want like a cheeseburger. The problem for me with Wendy's is that the buns are terrible, way too soft and they just fall apart.

For me, Teen Burger, Peter's Double Cheese, and the Big Mac are my top three burgers. Harveys makes good simple cheeseburgers though.

dj_rice
05-22-2008, 10:11 PM

:werd: :werd: :werd:

The size of their Keith burger scares me....but they're so damn good

SkittleFreak
05-22-2008, 10:13 PM
whopper ftw

peters ftw

LadyTurbo
05-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Ever had a burger from Triple O's?? Sooo good... it's White Spot's fast food chain... only in BC I think. God their cheeseburgers rock.

Jlude
05-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Bobs Burgers in that little strip mall near Glenmore Inn....

either that or Fuddruckers... they have goood burgers

(fack, I'm sittin' on my balcony and there's an army base close by and all I can hear is them firing their guns or blanks or whatever... but it's dark out, crazy f'n americans)

vipstyle2
05-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Mcdicks ! with the little chopped up onions yum !

haha does it make you feel any safer or what ?
Guns seem to make america a safer place dont they !

Kritafo
05-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I like Harvey's if you just want like a cheeseburger. The problem for me with Wendy's is that the buns are terrible, way too soft and they just fall apart.

For me, Teen Burger, Peter's Double Cheese, and the Big Mac are my top three burgers. Harveys makes good simple cheeseburgers though.

Wendy's had better buns when they were toasted.

I do like a Harvey's cheeseburger with onion rings on it.

Pihsiak
05-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by vipstyle2
Mcdicks ! with the little chopped up onions yum !

uh... those tiny onions come dried and they add water to them... but not warm water b/c it cooks them.....

yah..

5hift
05-22-2008, 10:43 PM
now I have to go out in the rain at 11 looking for cheeseburgers because of this thread

HybridTheory
05-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
now I have to go out in the rain at 11 looking for cheeseburgers because of this thread

Lol well McDicks or Wendy's would be your best bet right now.

And about those tiny little onions on McDicks burgers, I have to agree. There's something about them that makes the cheeseburger that much better.

supra_11
05-22-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm suprised no ones said Peters Drive in?
but between wendys and mcdicks i'd go for mcdicks.

schocker
05-22-2008, 11:00 PM
$1.39cheeseburger at mcdicks ftw

BrknFngrs
05-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Lagerstatten.ca
Willy's Old Style Hamburgers...best burgers out there (for fast food that is)

Is Willy's still around? I could really go for one of their burgers.

bobby_lu
05-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by LadyTurbo
Ever had a burger from Triple O's?? Sooo good... it's White Spot's fast food chain... only in BC I think. God their cheeseburgers rock.

Just went there tonight, theres at least two in Calgary, MaCleod Trail and also on 32 Ave NE

vipstyle2
05-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak

uh... those tiny onions come dried and they add water to them... but not warm water b/c it cooks them.....

yah..
yah.. uh....and the pattys are frozen.
stiiiiilll goood =] :drool:

kinda reminds me how the wedys "famous"
chili has BURNT washed off hamburger meat lol thats all the bad overcooked hamburger from the grill muahaha

Quickstrike
05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Just tried the Angus burger at McD's with bacon and cheese. Pretty good burger, and they use real, not processed cheese.

I had one of those and it seemed like it was seriously lacking in taste. Very little sauce.

Without the processed cheese, maybe they toned down on the artificial flavoring of the burger too.

I like the Big Mac's and Quarter Pounders from McD's.
Classic Single from Wendy's.

hampstor
05-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Rocky's Burger Bus. :bigpimp:

Dave P
05-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I miss the 2 cheese burger meal from mcdicks.

its just not the same ordering a cheese burger meal and a extra cheese burger haha

szw
05-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

I think wendy's buns are great. Actually its the reason I prefer wendys over mcdonalds.

szw
05-23-2008, 02:07 PM

yah..

LOL...of all the nasty shit in that burger, dried onions are what you complain about?

B17a
05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by supra_11
I'm suprised no ones said Peters Drive in?

:drool: Love the Peters burgers!

I tried an In-and-Out burger in Vegas a while back, not sure what the big deal is about this place. It was ok, but nothing that I'd line up for again.:dunno:

Toms-SC
05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Burger Inn

LadyTurbo
05-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu

Just went there tonight, theres at least two in Calgary, MaCleod Trail and also on 32 Ave NE

The actual fast food chain, or just the White Spot restaurant???

adidas
05-23-2008, 02:35 PM

The actual fast food chain, or just the White Spot restaurant???

I am pretty sure he meant White Spot, cause i know of both of those locations. I doubt we have Triple O's here

rmk
05-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Man.... White spot cheeseburgers with the tripe-o sauce and unlimited fries. So good.

Pihsiak
05-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by szw

LOL...of all the nasty shit in that burger, dried onions are what you complain about?

I'm just saying if you are putting the dried onions on a pedestal then you got some serious standards issue

LadyTurbo
05-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Man.... White spot cheeseburgers with the tripe-o sauce and unlimited fries. So good.

You read my mind!!

Rocky
05-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
No affiliation :P

Fast food ones, DQ and Harvey's, otherwise Peters.

silviafreek89
05-23-2008, 03:05 PM

[/B]

:werd:

The Buffalo/Ostrich burgers are the 2nd healthiest fast-food available in Canada!!!! McFatty aint got shit on that...

Mcdonalds: Fries
Wendy's: Spicy Chicken

ExtraSlow
05-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by silviafreek89
The Buffalo/Ostrich burgers are the 2nd healthiest fast-food available in Canada!!!! McFatty aint got shit on that...

OK, you win, what's the 1st healthiest fast food in canada?

silviafreek89
05-23-2008, 03:56 PM

OK, you win, what's the 1st healthiest fast food in canada?

Don't remember, i'll check the next time i'm in the mood for a nice Buffalo :thumbsup:

cdulm
05-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Roger Moore
peters anyone?? :dunno:

Peters has definitely gone way down hill since Peter sold it. Just doesnt compare anymore! :(

dino_martini
05-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by cdulm

Peters has definitely gone way down hill since Peter sold it. Just doesnt compare anymore! :(

I havent really noticed a differance. Its still the same to me, though I dont go there alot so...

Thats probably one of the top reasons to take a trip on BC Ferries. Half their cafeteria menu is Triple O's. So good :drool:

01RedDX
05-23-2008, 10:59 PM

dizzle
05-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by cdulm

fo reals? when did that happen?

saiyajin
05-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by adidas

I am pretty sure he meant White Spot, cause i know of both of those locations. I doubt we have Triple O's here

the legendary burger at White Spot is pretty good as well :drool:

pinoyhero
05-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Mozza FTMFW

Lt247
05-24-2008, 10:00 AM
for a quick yummy bite or when drunk i prefer mcdonalds... i dunno.. something about them

Canmorite
05-24-2008, 10:13 AM
BC Burger @ White Spot. I think it's called the classic or something at the White Spots here.

B17a
05-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by dizzle

fo reals? when did that happen?
Gus Pieters sold it to a young couple about 2-3 years ago. I haven't noticed a difference in quality.

szw
05-26-2008, 02:07 AM
I never noticed any change in quality at Peters, I've always thought they kind of sucked.

ExtraSlow
05-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I haven't noticed a change in quality. They aren't fancy, but if you want a lot of beef and sauce on a bun, they are just the ticket.

Kritafo
05-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by silviafreek89

Mcdonalds: Fries
Wendy's: Spicy Chicken

speaking for buffalo burger we just went to Rocky Mountain Ranch and picked up our order which included the buffalo burgers. BBQ'd them Saturday...they are so good. All the meat from CRMR is outstanding.

http://www.crmr.com/ranch/index.php

ExtraSlow
05-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo

speaking for buffalo burger we just went to Rocky Mountain Ranch and picked up our order which included the buffalo burgers. BBQ'd them Saturday...they are so good. All the meat from CRMR is outstanding.

http://www.crmr.com/ranch/index.php
Nice, I love Elk and Bison. I will check this place out.

mark4091
05-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Burger Inn

Kritafo
05-26-2008, 08:58 AM

Nice, I love Elk and Bison. I will check this place out.

Yeah Dr Terry Church is great they are doing a Spring Festival out there as well, you can tour the ranch and have your lunch out there for $5.00/person and the 4th person is free.

If you order you can pick up at Cilantro or the Ranche restaurant...or directly at the ranch.

here are the details..Description
Canadian Rocky Mountain Ranch Spring Festival June 21st 2008 Come on down to the Ranch just south of Calgary on June 21st for a tour of the Ranch and a visit with Rocky Mountain wildlife. Bring the whole family for a Wagon Ride, a visit with a young buffalo, and educational interpretive exhibits that teach kids and adults about the wildlife! Why is Buffalo fur so thick around the head and shoulders? Why do they have a hump, do only male caribou have antlers? As part of the day, you'll have the opportunity to taste the scrumptious buffalo burgers right off the grill! If you like the product there's plenty of barbeque sauce and bison for everyone, available at the little Ranch store. All this within 20km of the south end of Calgary! At $5 per person this day in the country is a great family adventure! If you have more than three in the car, the fourth person is free!

Canadian Rocky Mountain Ranch Spring Festival June 21st 2008 Come on down to the Ranch just south of Calgary on June 21st for a tour of the Ranch and a visit with Rocky Mountain wildlife. Bring the whole family for a Wagon Ride, a visit with a young buffalo, and educational interpretive exhibits that teach kids and adults about the wildlife! Why is Buffalo fur so thick around the head and shoulders? Why do they have a hump, do only male caribou have antlers? As part of the day, you'll have the opportunity to taste the scrumptious buffalo burgers right off the grill! If you like the product there's plenty of barbeque sauce and bison for everyone, available at the little Ranch store. All this within 20km of the south end of Calgary! At $5 per person this day in the country is a great family adventure! If you have more than three in the car, the fourth person is free!

megavolt
05-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Just got back from a US (Montana) burger spree. :P... Took a trip down to Great Falls for May Long and pretty much ate burgers all weekend. Found a great place in Conrad (4th town outside Great Falls I think)... little place called the Main Drive-In... so good I went again on the way back. Also had my FuddRuckers and Hardies (Carl's Jr.). Also had the worst Taco-hell ever in Helena.

Personally I love In-n-Out burger... but I think it's probably more about their fries... :drool:

Gotta try Boogies sometime (driven past it enough).

ekguy
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM

yah..

i love the rehydrated onions sooooo much. When I used to work there I used to always get extra onions. Mind you thats when I was 14 hahah.

nj2Type-S
05-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by megavolt
Just got back from a US (Montana) burger spree. :P... Took a trip down to Great Falls for May Long and pretty much ate burgers all weekend. Found a great place in Conrad (4th town outside Great Falls I think)... little place called the Main Drive-In... so good I went again on the way back. Also had my FuddRuckers and Hardies (Carl's Jr.). Also had the worst Taco-hell ever in Helena.

Personally I love In-n-Out burger... but I think it's probably more about their fries... :drool:

Gotta try Boogies sometime (driven past it enough).

do they have in-n-out burger in montana??

BennyC403
05-28-2008, 03:47 PM
CEE BEE's by FRANCIS and switchbox, soooo goooood

avow
05-28-2008, 04:18 PM
you guys seriously need to try Tommy Burger & Bar
9629 MacLeod Trail SW

megavolt
05-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S

do they have in-n-out burger in montana??

Nope... only in the S.W. US. Think the last chance I had was in Vegas last year.

In keeping with the actual Poll... out of the big chains locally I choose Wendy's. Best small burger Jr. Bacon Chzburger. Large I take a Big Bacon Classic... Huge I'll take a Baconator with Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles and Ketchup (need veggies in that thing).

Kavy
05-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I cannot believe people actually like McD's burgers I dont even consider them a burger.

325crave
05-28-2008, 08:17 PM
McD's cheeseburgers remind me of the perfect cartoon burger.. love

Tik-Tok
05-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

+1, though I find their burgers to be pretty dry sometimes.

My new favorite is a tiny little burger bus on 12th st., and 44th ave NE (just south of the Wendy's/Timmy's on Mcknight, east of deerfoot)

They're smaller than Rocky's, and don't have the hot chick Rocky's does, but FAR tastier burgers.

bOOTh_000
05-28-2008, 10:34 PM
you guys should try CB's drive in. its a place on 14th and northmount drive NW i believe. i love their fries and burgers. It has a big menu with a classic drive in feel.

Check it out people!

DJ Lazy
05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
DQ's cheeseburgers are pretty good... But when I goto mcdonalds its almost always for the 2 cheeseburger combo. :D

JRSC00LUDE
05-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

i love the rehydrated onions sooooo much. When I used to work there I used to always get extra onions. Mind you thats when I was 14 hahah.

haha! I still get extra onions when I go there. I love those freaky little things! :drool:

dino_martini
06-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Just tried the Angus burger at McD's with bacon and cheese. Pretty good burger, and they use real, not processed cheese.

I had one of those today, and it was so good.