PDA

View Full Version : Maaco?

silviafreek89
05-23-2008, 04:50 PM
So I need my car painted and I'm going to Maaco tomorrow morning for a quote....I have a 3-4inch long, deep scratch on the driver door, both bumpers have mild chipping on them. Also, the front fenders have chip marks from when my hood flew up and smacked my roof (two minor dents there aswell) :banghead:

Is Maaco the place to go?
Any other paint shops around town that I should check out?

I will post the quote when I return from the shop tomorrow round lunch time...

Thx!

88CRXGUY
05-23-2008, 05:35 PM
If your car is new I wouldn't take it to Macco, if you have some pos then sure why not. When you go to Macco you get what you pay for, I've never heard anything good to when it came to them.

silviafreek89
05-23-2008, 05:39 PM
well it's an 89' so definatly not new...thx for the heads up though!
Any suggestions for a different place? The driver door scratch has been there for a year and it's really pissing me off :banghead:
I'm shit with paint so don't suggest i do it myself i'll end up painting my window black:nut:

88CRXGUY
05-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Call Calgary Coachworks and see what they can quote you at.

mikemechanic
05-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Stay away from Maaco. I just had Screamin Paintworks fix up the peeling clear thanks to Maaco. Can't recommend Screamin enough, top notch work and great guys.

Mike

Kloubek
05-24-2008, 12:30 PM
There's a huge thread somewhere about the best bodyshops. Seems the general consensus on this board is that Screamin Paintworks is the place to go.

silviafreek89
05-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Very good then...well i was supposed to go to Maaco this morning but just got up so i'll check out these Screaming people!!! Thx for the info.

sneek
06-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I would really only get a maaco paint job on a junker. Or if i was getting their top of the line service and i had the time to prep the car myself. I don't think many of the employees care, but if they started to care, then you potentially could get a good paint job. I have seen a few of their paint jobs, the basic ones are single stage, and tend to dull, chip and crack within a few months.

S13_Ryan
06-01-2008, 06:08 PM
what do you guys think of going to maaco to get paint matched and JUST having a bodykit painted?

would it be worth it?

Kloubek
06-01-2008, 06:31 PM
^^ I would think you're probably ok - but insist on a proper match! The biggest reason Maaco is crap - besides the fact they don't use the best paint in the world - is their lack of prepping. They overspray rubber trim, etc etc. I would think that just a body kit shouldn't be too difficult...

But then, I thought it was easy to get my order right at McDonalds, which they seem to screw up in some way at least half the time. So who knows....

S13_Ryan
06-01-2008, 06:53 PM
hahaha good point. well. i guess ill call for a quote. i do still have my doubts about there ability to match paint though.