PDA

View Full Version : FS: Sony Ericsson SO905iCS (Japanese)

Prelude_dude
05-24-2008, 02:44 AM
PHONE DETAILS
Price(Currency): 650 cdn
Color: Metallic Pink
Included:

* 1 Sony Ericsson SO905iCS Triband Phone
* 1 Battery
* 1 Replacement Charger
* 1 Japanese User's Guide
* 1 Data Cable
* Hyper SIM Included
Unlocked: Yes, Internet related functions will not work as this phone is meant for Japanese Networks.
Condition: Brand New
Life Timer 2 Hours
Pictures:
http://www.gizmos.es/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/sony-ericsson-so905ics-rosa.jpg

SELLING DETAILS
Payment: Cash, and Paypal

NOTES:
WORKING PHONE STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN, USES NEW HYPER SIM TECHNOLOGY TO BE USED AROUND THE WORLD. Beautiful phone with a superb 5.1 mega pixel camera with multi spot auto focus and flash. The display is huge and very clear, same screen that is used on the Sony Bravia televisions. Brand new, only opened to be tested. Be one of few; if any, that will have this phone, phone is also brand new in Japan also, and it WORKS HERE !!! Phone is metallic pink, which makes a great gift for a loved one
*Internet Related functions only work in japan.

* Triband GSM 900/1800/1900
* Size Dimensions 113 x 50 x 24 mm
* Net Weight 145 g
* Display Type TFT, 1,677 thousand colors
* Display size 480×864 pixels, 2.7
* Camera Resolution 5MP
* Video Yes Flashlight Yes
* Connectivity GPRS Yes HSDPA Yes EDGE No 3G Yes WiFi No Bluetooth No A2DP No USB Yes Memory Card Slot MicroSD (TransFlash) Internal Memory 256 MBRingtones Type Polyphonic, MP3
* Battery Stand-by time Up to 290 hours Talk time Up to 4 hours
* Features Messaging SMS, MMS FM radio No Games Yes Speaker phone Yes Operating System N/A Touch-screen No

Prelude_dude
05-24-2008, 02:14 PM
120 views no replies??

This phone is practically a camera itself, 5.1 mega pixel, with 3x optical zoom and macro and super macro modes... don't miss out on this phone, if you want to see it in person give me a call at 628-7840

d4ftpuNK
05-24-2008, 11:40 PM
its a bit overpriced, its 2 bad its pink, if it was the silver one i would probably be PMing you right now lol.

nice phone though, i love FOMA phones, its 2 bad we dont get streaming HDTV like japan, then these phones would be kickass.

eglove
05-24-2008, 11:48 PM
english menus?

trade for 8gb iphone?

dj_rice
05-25-2008, 12:06 AM
"Internet Related Functions only work in Japan"

So that means no internet access at all?

Prelude_dude
05-25-2008, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
"Internet Related Functions only work in Japan"

So that means no internet access at all?

yea sadly no, because the phone is meant to work on a docomo network, all the hyper sim does is trick the phone in thinking that it is using that network, so in that case you can make calls and sms, the basic stuff.

The phone may seem over priced only because the price includes the built in hyper sim technology, its been tested and it works also. It uses the brand new ismartphone 2008 hypersim card; which even online it runs about 70-100 dollars depending on the site. Also.... like anything else in this world, customizablility or rarity comes at a price, if you want to be the only one that will probably have this phone in calgary of course it comes at a price.

Prelude_dude
05-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by eglove
english menus?

trade for 8gb iphone?

Yes its english menus, not english manual tho, but you can get the english manual online, i can even link you the manual if you buy the phone lol. But sorry no i will not be accepting trades. The phone also can be used in full japanese if you know a japanese friend that wants the phone, it can also type in japanese.

dragonone
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
i think u'll have better luck on revscene

Prelude_dude
05-27-2008, 06:21 PM
really? wuts the difference??

dragonone
05-28-2008, 12:58 AM
there's simply not as much demand here, half the ppl here don't even know the restrictions or hype on the 905's

HiSpec
05-29-2008, 12:03 PM
quite a hot item over in Vancouver and TO

Prelude_dude
05-29-2008, 11:39 PM
oic... well damn, i don't wanna register for another site lol

Not one person interested?? comon state of the art technology right here, and can be in your hands

dj_rice
05-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
quite a hot item over in Vancouver and TO

But why though?I think the main reason theres no buyers is because the internet related functions only work in Japan, paying $650 for a phone with features that dont work over here wont sell

But goodluck with your sale

HiSpec
05-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

But why though?I think the main reason theres no buyers is because the internet related functions only work in Japan, paying $650 for a phone with features that dont work over here wont sell

But goodluck with your sale

I totally agreed with you why drop $650 on a phone that its most important function doesn't work.
But from what I had observed while chilling at my buddy's store in
Vancouver, about 90% of the people walked into to the store asked about the phone. And the ones who did the research about the phone said that the internet function is not top priority, the bling factor and brag factor is top on the list. This same goes for all other Docomo phone.

Personally, the only attraction for me about this phone would be the screen and the cybershot camera.

C4S
05-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Um .. if you know how much those phone r selling in Japan .. u probably will ( should ) lower your asking price ..

I know it is good idea to buy something oversea and make profit here .. ( like those worth nothing JDM cars ) .. :)

lewdvig
05-31-2008, 02:37 PM
nevermind, i am an asshole

Prelude_dude
06-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by C4S
Um .. if you know how much those phone r selling in Japan .. u probably will ( should ) lower your asking price ..

I know it is good idea to buy something oversea and make profit here .. ( like those worth nothing JDM cars ) .. :)

Umm... the phone is still considered brand new in Japan, the phone was only released Feb. 15 / 2008 in Japan, even on Yahoo japan and in Japan the phone is still running a solid 400-500 dollars. Mind you the box does not come with Charger or Data cable. Oddly i don't know why but thats how it is. My price of 650 offers both Charger ( with adapters for canadian plugs) and data cable, plus the Hyper sim technology that is needed for this phone. Even on ebay the phone is running around the same price range, but from ebay its kinda sketchy, where as i will be willing to meet with you in person with the phone, and i'll deliver if needed. These prices that you probably see docomo or others offering the phone on like yahoo japan or japanese sites include or have you take over a 2-3 year contract.

dragonone
06-01-2008, 05:02 PM
here's a website for price comparison:
www.phonemore.ca
that's probably with a warranty as well

you need to state clearly what works and what doesn't work on this phone...
bluetooth? mms? mp3 ringtones? multimedia functions (mp3/avi/mpg)?

the best deal on these phones is to use a proxy and bid for it on yahoo japan, the sim hacks are very cheap

if the seller cannot answer these questions then research on hofo, huge threads on 905's

Prelude_dude
06-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Personally i couldn't tell you much about the phone either, as i took it out of the box to test if it would make calls; yes, and text messaging; no, but from reading online i hear the hypersim works different dependent on sim card. You are buying this phone at your own risk! But i can tell you that the phone does not have blue tooth, as bluetooth is pretty much nonexistant in japan as infrared is still widely and hugely used, and T9 on the phone does not exist. As for MP3 functions and what not i couldn't tell you if they work or not, as i haven't fully tested the phone out, and i'd rather keep it in its newest condition as possible.
Also i checked that website /\ /\ and i read the warranty, its not very good, take a read for your self.

http://www.phonemore.ca/pages/terms_and_conditions.html

HiSpec
06-02-2008, 12:21 AM
i have bought many phones from phonemore.ca, they have great service. I bought a S500 from them last year, and the keyboard cracked last month, they fixed it no question asked.

and btw, is OP's price including the hypersim or not? If the OP is then this phone is quite a good deal. As hypersim is around 60 -80 bucks

dragonone
06-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Prelude_dude
Personally i couldn't tell you much about the phone either, as i took it out of the box to test if it would make calls; yes, and text messaging; no, but from reading online i hear the hypersim works different dependent on sim card. You are buying this phone at your own risk! But i can tell you that the phone does not have blue tooth, as bluetooth is pretty much nonexistant in japan as infrared is still widely and hugely used, and T9 on the phone does not exist. As for MP3 functions and what not i couldn't tell you if they work or not, as i haven't fully tested the phone out, and i'd rather keep it in its newest condition as possible.
Also i checked that website /\ /\ and i read the warranty, its not very good, take a read for your self.

http://www.phonemore.ca/pages/terms_and_conditions.html

i'm glad you kind of answered those questions, because i know the answers but i didn't want to put words in yoru mouth or ruin you thread. I just thought you could be more clear to everyone interested on this phone.

Anyhow, what kind of warranty are you offering us?

Prelude_dude
06-03-2008, 11:03 PM
lol its a private sale, if its in calgary im willing to allow you to test it out on the spot, and to make a test call to show that it works... then thats about it, can't offer much for warranty, but its better than ordering off a website as you don't know what ur getting, and the main thing is you don't get to hold it and see and feel it in person, i can offer that much anyways, a lil more security from ordering it from me i guess

Prelude_dude
06-07-2008, 11:55 AM
$600

PRICE REDUCTION !!!!! Have to get rid of phone fast