PDA

View Full Version : Calgary IT Headhunters\Recruiters???

Speed_RaSiR
08-21-2003, 01:21 PM
I currently have a pretty good job in IT, but I always want to keep my eyes open for new opportunities. Does anyone know of any good IT Headhunters\Recruiters in Calgary. I have looked around and found a few jobs that interested me however those guys can find you what you really want. Please let me know, PM me if you have a direct contact this is good whom I could send my resume too.

Thanks!

roopi
08-22-2003, 02:29 AM
I can't really help you out but I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help me find a job in the IT field!

Any tips at all. No matter how simple/basic they are I'd love to hear them!

spyderman
08-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by roopi
I can't really help you out but I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help me find a job in the IT field!

Any tips at all. No matter how simple/basic they are I'd love to hear them!

Make a lot of friends!!

From what I've noticed, a lot of companies hire people through word of mouth. If there's an opening, people who are recommended by employees in the firm are usually considered first.

TrevorK
08-22-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by spyderman

Make a lot of friends!!

From what I've noticed, a lot of companies hire people through word of mouth. If there's an opening, people who are recommended by employees in the firm are usually considered first.

Exactly. At my old company that's how we filled all our openings.

rage2
08-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Yep. Word of mouth is the only way to land a great job in the IT field.

Superesc
08-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by spyderman

Make a lot of friends!!

yup same here, usually they sent out position needed internally asking for recommedations before the position is posted publicly.

max_boost
09-20-2003, 10:20 PM
When I get my HR job, I'll hire all you unemployed mofos from Beyond!

D'z Nutz
09-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
When I get my HR job, I'll hire all you unemployed mofos from Beyond!

Can I park your car for you, Mr.Boost?

Bwahahaha! :burnout: