05-24-2008, 10:17 PM
- The Tribune
- 100-118 8 Avenue SW
(403) 269-3160ý
http://www.thetribunerestaurant.ca/
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 5/5
- Service 5/5

So, Parents 20th wedding anniversery. A family friend's son is a chef at the Tribune and recommened it. The building the Tribune is in, amazing. Upstairs there is this cool lounge, then you walk down a set of stairs and to your right there is the wine room, you walk into this dark room where all the tables are set. I went in to the Tribune thinking it was this stuck up, fancy place. But if you went in there with jeans and a polo shirt you'd fit right in.

There were eight of us, promptly seated, the Waiter we had (forgot his name..) was awsome. All the staff there are great. For 8 it worked out to about $80 a person, not so bad. The portions are pretty big, but everything is so good. There is a ton of differant stuff, a few salads, some fish, pasta, normal stuff. But at the bottom of the menu they have 'House Roasts For Two or More To Share'. Châteaubriand Medium Rare is freaking amazing.

The Tribune does a sort of special thing, they have duck for two to share. When your done, you get the tag from the duck that will say what number it was from Cunard (1076 for us). Then you get to sign the duck book, put what ever message in there you like. I read some of the stuff put in there, and holy people dont hold back.

If you get the chance, check it out. The duck is so good. :drool:

Will@STRD
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
I am planning to take the wife there, how did they made the duck?
Thanks

dino_martini
05-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Will@STRD
I am planning to take the wife there, how did they made the duck?
Thanks

Its roasted, and then they carve the breast and plate it. The legs come out later, because they have to be cooked longer then the breast does. Go for it, its so good. If you do, take a peak through the duck book...some of the stuff people have written in there...some are funny, others just leave you going :confused: "why?"

Here is the menu description if you want to get technical about it

Duck “à la presse”, slow roasted Brome Lake, dressed in the traditional style

Will@STRD
05-26-2008, 09:18 PM
thanks!! :)