PDA

View Full Version : best all you can eat sushi place

asp integra
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
i was out in vancouver a few weeks ago and me and some friends went to a really good sushi place that was all you can eat for $22 a person and it was one of the best meals ive ever had lol, i was just wondering if there are any good all you can eat sushi places in calgary?

HybridTheory
05-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Nothing beats Vancouver sushi
The all you can eat places here are mediocre at best
The ones that I know of are:
Sushi Ichiban on Macleod
Ginza in Chinook
Sushi BBQ Inn on 16th but I wouldn't recommend it cuz they have bad service

ExtraSlow
05-25-2008, 03:43 PM
The big problem with Sushi in Calgary is that since we are so far from the ocean, good fish is not cheap. I would be very frightened of all-you-can-eat sushi in any landlocked city.

jeremyn
05-25-2008, 03:56 PM
im not recommending any of these places but these are just some places ive been to.
Sushi tokyo in dragoon city.
I think its called sushi bbq and thats across from sait, its a korean/japanese place.
and sumo in eau claire

dj_rice
05-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by HybridTheory
Nothing beats Vancouver sushi
The all you can eat places here are mediocre at best
The ones that I know of are:
Sushi Ichiban on Macleod
Ginza in Chinook
Sushi BBQ Inn on 16th but I wouldn't recommend it cuz they have bad service

These would be my suggestions also...I like Sushi BBQ Inn for the Baked Oysters....but if your expecting good quality fish in these all you can eat sushi places...look elsewhere

asp integra
05-25-2008, 05:02 PM
ya i wasnt expecting the quality i had in vancouver, just something that is decent with an all you can eat menu

Tik-Tok
05-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
ya i wasnt expecting the quality i had in vancouver, just something that is decent with an all you can eat menu

Another problem with Calgary, you won't find a "good" menu for all you can eat. Most of it is basic sushi.

God I miss Shabusen :drool:

DarkDream
05-25-2008, 05:20 PM
You can try the sushi place down the street from whisky... I forgot the name but the sushi there wasn't to bad and you had an option of getting salmon or tuna sushi all you can eat

dj_rice
05-25-2008, 05:24 PM

Some of these places give you a limit of 2 sashimi each per person so it kinda sucks, along with some places the nigiri sushi they make, there is a mound of rice with a thin slice of fish

realazy
05-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkDream
You can try the sushi place down the street from whisky... I forgot the name but the sushi there wasn't to bad and you had an option of getting salmon or tuna sushi all you can eat

That would be the Sumo Lounge on 10th, they have all you can eat sashimi for $26.99. I think that's limited to salmon and tuna though.

dragonone
05-25-2008, 07:04 PM
do NOT try all you can eat in calgary, esp. after u've tried it in vancouver, nothing more needs to be said

asp integra
05-25-2008, 10:26 PM
ya im just thinking a place with decent rolls and some other things

Everlast
05-26-2008, 07:16 AM
There's also Takeomi Village, near pho Xuan. It's 23ish for AYCE

ExtraSlow
05-26-2008, 07:51 AM
The place across the street from BottleScrew Bills is pretty good, and cheap for downtown.

HybridTheory
05-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Everlast
There's also Takeomi Village, near pho Xuan. It's 23ish for AYCE

That place is gone...it's now a Chinese restaurant

dj_rice
05-26-2008, 07:37 PM
ya im just thinking a place with decent rolls and some other things

Try Sushi BBQ Inn across from SAIT, its Japanese Sushi along with Korean BBQ, pretty cool, they have a lil BBQ burner thing in the center of the table, you choose what kind of raw meats you want and cook it yourself...its pretty good if your not picky, and I like their Baked Oysters

U4RIA
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Try Sushi BBQ Inn across from SAIT, its Japanese Sushi along with Korean BBQ, pretty cool, they have a lil BBQ burner thing in the center of the table, you choose what kind of raw meats you want and cook it yourself...its pretty good if your not picky, and I like their Baked Oysters

:werd: That place has the best baked oysters.

dragonone
05-27-2008, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

how are they compared to several years ago?

dj_rice
05-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by dragonone

how are they compared to several years ago?

Not too sure, as I started going there maybe 2-3 years ago, the past couple of times I've went, service was shit but you get what you pay for and their limits have slowly decreased especially sashimi, one time I was there, I ordered the spicy tuna/salmon sashimi, it never came, I asked about it, they said oh okay, still never came :rofl: :rofl: cheap bastards

What this place lacks in service/sushi, it makes up in the Korean BBQ sort of.....

TomcoPDR
05-27-2008, 10:24 PM
That sushi place beside Ginger Beef (Willow park) and the tanning salon is pretty good. :drool:

Same with that Kinjo on Macleod Trail South (by Denny's and Woodridge Ford)

HybridTheory
05-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
That sushi place beside Ginger Beef (Willow park) and the tanning salon is pretty good. :drool:

Same with that Kinjo on Macleod Trail South (by Denny's and Woodridge Ford)

Really? Kinjo has all you can eat now? I thought they didn't :dunno:

TomcoPDR
05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by HybridTheory

Really? Kinjo has all you can eat now? I thought they didn't :dunno:

Sorry to mislead, it was a seperate comment than the "all you can eat" comments...

I'm just saying Kinjo is pretty good

HybridTheory
05-27-2008, 11:02 PM

Sorry to mislead, it was a seperate comment than the "all you can eat" comments...

Awwww got my hopes up there Tomco, haha. I agree with you for sure, Kinjo is damn good. Volcano Rolls :drool:

climer
05-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Sushi BBQ Inn is laughable. I wonder where they get their fish? From the Safeway across the street?

I'm not a big fan of all you can sushi places but if I had to choose one, I'd make the drive to Sushi Miki in Banff.

nj2Type-S
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM

u got my hopes up.... :cry:

nj2Type-S
06-10-2008, 11:05 AM
i wanted to go for sushi last night so i went to kinjo but there were signs on the window thaat said they were closed. anyone know wtf happened?? :dunno: :cry:

sxtothe240
06-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know if Sumo is anygood? or if they have AYCE?

cressida_pimpin
06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
^^^ I was at SUMO on Thursday, okay but not even close to as good as Shikiji. Best sushi hands down. Neither sumo nor shikiji have all you can eat.

talonboi
06-10-2008, 04:18 PM
i guess the 16ave has to be good, since they had to kick sorath out. i guess its not "all you can eat"

but i personally like ichiban sushi