PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks wage

snoop101
05-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Anyone know the wage at starbucks? Does it depend on location?

GQBalla
05-26-2008, 10:29 AM
i believe its 10 bucks or something close to that.

good benefits though.

free pound of coffee every week
stocks and such.

ill ask my friend shes a supervisor at a starbucks

snoop101
05-26-2008, 10:33 AM
K cool. Im going to be trading full time during the morning and want something to in the afternoon and for the cash of course. I figure hey I pay them everyday anyways for a coffee I might as well get it for free.

GQBalla
05-26-2008, 11:13 AM
lol werd

from what i hear they are really flexible on scheduling too

Spoons
06-01-2008, 08:05 PM
9.50, and you rougly average 60 cents in tips per hour.

It sucks, don't work there. I work there...

TomcoPDR
06-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
9.50, and you rougly average 60 cents in tips per hour.

It sucks, don't work there. I work there...

And a higher risk of church ladies hitting you with their cars while working there :rofl: jk

But don't you meet a lot of cuties? :love:

Spoons
06-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

And a higher risk of church ladies hitting you with their cars while working there :rofl: jk

But don't you meet a lot of cuties? :love:

Well most of the girls who work there are pretty hot, but they are not allowed to wear TNA sort of pants anymore, as per dress code, so now I have to use my imagination.

BUT lots of hot girls come through, and it is fun hitting on the married cougars who you can just tell are bored with their marriages, but for $9.50 pay, and well a high risk of getting hit by a car, it is not worth it.

Only good thing about it is they will give you some money for tuition if you are a student after each year of employment.

e36bmw///
06-01-2008, 08:52 PM
nm

snoop101
06-02-2008, 12:13 AM
No that cant be right... is it? the timmies down the street pays people I think $14/h and they dont even speak english and act like they were born yesterday.

Cy2k1
06-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I think location wise also plays a part in the wage. My friend who worked at the Marriot Starbucks downtown was earning around $13/hr if I recall. But the tuition reimbursement is really a good benefit for students though! Although I don't have much information on that.

mrjay1987
06-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Who was your friend Cy2k1? I actually worked there and it was a sick job but the managers were :bullshit: . There are so many hot businesswoman roaming around there. I worked there for 2 years. Good job, good wage, and very high paced. I kinda wanna go back and work there.

HuMz
06-02-2008, 10:34 PM
My sister just quit after working at a few of the south locations, $9.50 base or $11 for supervisors to start. You get free drinks before, during, and after work along with a bag of coffee/tea every week.

eglove
06-02-2008, 11:03 PM
my gf is a shift manager, only makes $10.25.

snoop101
06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Wow ... ok maybe starbucks is a bad choice for me.. I just quit a $26/h job..lol..

Cy2k1
06-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Anthony?

Originally posted by mrjay1987
Who was your friend Cy2k1? I actually worked there and it was a sick job but the managers were :bullshit: . There are so many hot businesswoman roaming around there. I worked there for 2 years. Good job, good wage, and very high paced. I kinda wanna go back and work there.

mrjay1987
06-03-2008, 04:02 AM
Lol Anthony was the man! Haha what a nerd! The thing about the high wage with the marriot hotel is that because it's a hotel starbucks, they are busier so the pay must be higher. You won't be getting nearly as much money per hour and tips at a regular location. You'll be making wage plus tips which could be from about 12-13 wage and 2-4 of tips per hour. Not too too bad when you're looking at it in that perspective.

403Gemini
06-03-2008, 07:26 AM
I heard if you're going to work at one, make sure its one that isnt attached to a Chapters. My friend Nicole worked at a starbucks that wasnt attached and said it was nice because yes its busy (cause its starbucks) but most of the customers are just repeat customers so you get to meet/know them and chat with them. She said she picked up a few shifts at the Chapters starbucks and a lot of that is overflow from malls, movie theatres, etc... people who are just generally grumpy from shopping all day and are only really getting a coffee because its "there" not because they really need one.

Seems like the testimony is true enough, I goto the same 2 starbucks downtown all the time and pretty much the staff know me reasonably well at both... at least well enough to know my order without having to ask ;)

Spoons
06-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by mrjay1987
Lol Anthony was the man! Haha what a nerd! The thing about the high wage with the marriot hotel is that because it's a hotel starbucks, they are busier so the pay must be higher. You won't be getting nearly as much money per hour and tips at a regular location. You'll be making wage plus tips which could be from about 12-13 wage and 2-4 of tips per hour. Not too too bad when you're looking at it in that perspective.

It is also because the Marriot Hotel is a Satellite Starbucks, much like the one in the book store at the U of C, the ones in Safeway, etc. Their wages are not regulated by Starbucks, but their own business themselves. The Marriot is crazy busy, so they can pay their employees much more.

autumnrain
06-03-2008, 05:54 PM
my friend works at starbucks and she gets paid $10