PDA

View Full Version : APM Drinks

anarchy
05-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey just curious about APM, the bubble tea place where Banana Jaks used to be.

Anyone tried it? Is it any good?

Pahnda
05-26-2008, 08:58 PM
What the hell, they changed again?? It had some other name right after being Banana Jaks (forget now) and I went once and it was pretty sucky. Like trying to be a dimmed/dark lounge but it was a load of fail. Anyone want to remind me what the name of it was then?

U4RIA
05-26-2008, 09:01 PM
That's the third time they've changed it in a year.

Banana Jack's -> Sky's -> Sahara -> APM or whatever.

Pahnda
05-26-2008, 09:03 PM
haha, really? I've been out of Calgary too long. Sky's or Aura Lounge (reminded by the person a few below this post) was the one I was thinking of... I forget now... If it's anything like that now it's going to be pretty retarded.

seksy
05-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by U4RIA
That's the third time they've changed it in a year.

Banana Jack's -> Sky's -> Sahara -> APM or whatever.
wrong, you forgot about "ice".

al-ti2d
05-26-2008, 09:21 PM
i would recommend getting the Ferrero Rocher Strawberry drink if you go to APM.. be warned though, you have to be in the mood for chocolate if you order the drink though because it does contain actual Ferrero Rochet chocolate mixed into it.

V6-BoI
05-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by seksy

wrong, you forgot about "ice".

And it was called Aura Lounge for a while too. I thought it was good when it was Sky's. But now the drinks seem to be either too sweet or too bland.

anarchy
05-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah i saw it go through 100 changes as well, and never went to any of them. Was just curious if it's any good now since it's on our way back home to the NW from downtown. Like someone mentioned in the Dessert House thread, they have a monopoly! lol

So from the sounds of it, most haven't been tehre (at least on Beyond), but it used to suck and now it's still fairly bad haha.

HiSpec
05-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Sahara = APM...
they had to change to APM because they got a warning letter about having the same name as their restaurant.

Impreza
05-27-2008, 02:05 AM
I thought Sky's was awesome..... too bad really

dragonone
05-27-2008, 04:10 AM
they were more disorganized during sahara-->apm phase
everything seems sorted out now and it's been quite consistent the last few times i went