PDA

View Full Version : Fluidic's Video from Auto-X -- Goof Ball in Action --

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 03:48 AM
As promised... here's the video.

It's a tad large... yet it's highly compressed. I think the total size is about 42MB -- but I've got a pretty kick ass server, so download speeds for cable and DSL subscribers shouldn't be more then a few minutes. Oh… and I highly recommend that you watch this MPG. video with Windows Media Player – just seems to work better. :)

Please be kind, right click and save target as. (http://www.fluidicdigital.com/FluidicDigital/fd-stuff/Auto-X-FD-August03.mpeg )

Everyone enjoy -- remember -- it was all in for fun. Please post up your spew when you're done watching. :thumbsup: :)

Peter

EDIT: server back up and running! :D

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 03:51 AM
I guess if you wanted a high-resolution video, I could make one -- but it would be one hell of a download. Just PM me if interested. :thumbsup:

Peter

4wheeldrift
08-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Next time you run at a solo 2, come find me. We have much to discuss about your technique ;)

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 12:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHA... only one comment -- that's bunk.

I'm not auto-xing again. It was fun... but it's not for me! I know my style is weak... it's just cause I didn't care! LOL

:D

Peter

girlRACER
08-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Next time you run at a solo 2, come find me. We have much to discuss about your technique ;)

hehe...next time can you discuss my technique with me! I could use some pointers to shave off some time. :D

Speaking of which...are the times up on the cscc website. I've been checking everyday but haven't seen them up yet :dunno:

hmmmm....video isn't working for me. I've been waiting for 10 minutes :confused:

speedracer
08-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Speaking of which...are the times up on the cscc website. I've been checking everyday but haven't seen them up yet :dunno:

There are discrepancies with Multi car drivers. As such it will posted sometime on the weekend.

For those of you sharing multiple drivers - Only 1 number is acceptable.

rage2
08-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
For those of you sharing multiple drivers - Only 1 number is acceptable.
Are you saying that there's only 1 number allowed on the car for multiple driver cars?

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 12:43 PM
hmmmm....video isn't working for me. I've been waiting for 10 minutes :confused:

The download part or viewing part? If the download is taking more then 10-minutes -- I guess the server is just really bogged down...

Peter

davidI
08-22-2003, 12:50 PM
what codec do you need to view it?

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 12:57 PM
It's a standard MPEG2 codec. If none of you can get it to work... I'll turn it into an MPEG1 video.

Peter

speedracer
08-22-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Are you saying that there's only 1 number allowed on the car for multiple driver cars?
Yup. it's too difficult to spot who is driving what. Besides this is in the CNAC rules as well :thumbsup:

So bring Windex with you :)

rage2
08-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Yup. it's too difficult to spot who is driving what. Besides this is in the CNAC rules as well :thumbsup:

So bring Windex with you :)
hehe OK. You should post it up as an announcement on the CSCC boards. I heard the rumor about shoe polish during my runs from someone, but i never read about it anywhere.

speedracer
08-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Re posted on the FAQ section. I posted the format on the forum and just removed it.

I tend to know who is running what but for the marshalls they have no idea so they call out the first number they see which doesn't help... or does it? heh

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Hey guys... maybe create a new thread and talk about this... or at least watch my video! lol

Peter

girlRACER
08-22-2003, 02:22 PM
:rofl: :rofl: I think you missed some turns there Peter! Looks like you had fun. Nice touch with the pulp fiction intro :thumbsup: :D

speedracer
08-22-2003, 02:23 PM
For those that can't view - Download it again. My 3rd try it worked.

What happen to the thrid run?

FD - Look ahead :thumbsup:
The moment you pass the cone where you are to turn you have just past it (exactly like street driving)

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Yah... everytime I watch the video... I'm like... "fuck... I missed that too... what was I thinking"! lol

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Ok... try downloading the video again. I recompressed it with good ole` MPEG1 instead of MPEG2.

Shouldn't need anything special to run it! :D

Enjoy!

Peter

Talies R
08-22-2003, 02:36 PM
nice video, I like the start the best though.. auto x seemed kinda weak for you..haha your in car camera setup is pretty sweet, when are you gonna start taping girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrls?

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Talies R
nice video, I like the start the best though.. auto x seemed kinda weak for you..haha your in car camera setup is pretty sweet, when are you gonna start taping girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrls?

Yah ok. Girls it is. Thanks. Bye.

MrHeavyFoot
08-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Talies R

As soon as he gets some girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrls in the car. :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry Peter, couldn't resist.

littledan
08-22-2003, 03:14 PM
there should be a language warning on this video!! ha.. that's how i sound evey time i hit a cone...

good job fd... are you hooked on autox yet?

4wheeldrift
08-22-2003, 04:41 PM

hehe...next time can you discuss my technique with me! I could use some pointers to shave off some time. :D Come find me during the next event, we'll see if we can't shave some time off your runs :thumbsup: This goes for anyone looking for help.

girlRACER
08-22-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Come find me during the next event, we'll see if we can't shave some time off your runs :thumbsup: This goes for anyone looking for help.

Yeah hopefully you can sit in with me on a run or two :thumbsup:

midship
08-22-2003, 05:54 PM
FD. Nice video! I found it very funny actually. :D

There were a lot of cones out there, and even some of the veteran got lost too :nut: It was your first time out, so don't beat yourself too hard! As long as you have fun, its all good! ;)

Fluidic
08-22-2003, 06:26 PM
hahahahaha thanks midship! It was a tough course... but practice makes perfect! :D

Peter

speedracer
08-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Yeah hopefully you can sit in with me on a run or two :thumbsup:

The best experience that I've found is to sit in with someone and have them drive. Either scares you to death asking yourself how on earth they drove that fast through X corner or why am I slowing down for no reason?

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
hahahahaha thanks midship! It was a tough course... but practice makes perfect! :D

:thumbsup:

girlRACER
08-22-2003, 08:20 PM

The best experience that I've found is to sit in with someone and have them drive. Either scares you to death asking yourself how on earth they drove that fast through X corner or why am I slowing down for no reason?

:thumbsup:

Okay thanks Brando. Next time I'm sitting with you then since you suggested it :D ;)

Ben
08-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Next year I hope to have a track prepped car...great vid Peter.

Talies R
08-23-2003, 12:09 AM

Yah ok. Girls it is. Thanks. Bye.

Hi my name is Peter and I'm sooooooo COOL :rolleyes:

Fluidic
08-23-2003, 01:42 AM
Hey I appreciate that dude. Thanks -- I always tell myself that I'm super cool... but it's good to here it from another person. :bigpimp:

Peter

Talies R
08-23-2003, 01:53 AM
Hey I appreciate that dude. Thanks -- I always tell myself that I'm super cool... but it's good to here it from another person. :bigpimp:

Peter

haha no problem :thumbsup:

FarmBoy
08-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the vid Peter. By far the funniest autox video I have ever seen. Funny cause of the cursing and mumbling you do when you miss a gate....hahaha.

You got skills in video editing :thumbsup:

Fluidic
08-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Damnit... sorry guys... my server just went beserk. Moving to my Fluidic account now.

Peter

Fluidic
08-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Ok... sorry... go ahead... should work just fine now! :)

Enjoy.

Peter

GT2NV
08-24-2003, 04:38 PM
haha sweet video man

Z_Fan
08-24-2003, 04:58 PM
Peter,

Nice video man. I'm thinking you had 3 DNF there cuz you were a real cone smacker!

Just wondering if you've got all the orange smudges off the front of your car yet? That's gonna take some time...

You do got skills though...nice video...

As for video of 'girls' -> next Friday, you could get lucky. Imma guessing there is gonna be two pretty young, reasonably hot gals at Secret Streets, holding hands and anxiously awaiting your big peter...er...maybe not...you never know.

TTYL

Now that I know you got some video skillz, I'm looking forward to that quick flik you took my my z. L8r

Zephyr
08-25-2003, 01:50 PM
haha cool video! poor cones haha. at least u had fun!

if i was driving i probably hit them all lol

92 Teg-B18A
08-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Great vid Peter, wish it was a tad higher res, great none the less :thumbsup:

Fluidic
08-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Higher resolution means longer wait time during download. So... had to settle with a shitty-medium. :)

Peter

Speed_Dreams
08-25-2003, 06:23 PM
"I don't know what the fuck im doing" Peter from Auto-X-FD-August03

hehehe that was by far the funniest thing i have seen in a while. it looks like fun...mayeb i'll come out next year.

I saw you today you looked like you were going to Concept one (you were turning left onto the street where Blackfoot motorsports is) and you always seem to be wearing the Same shirt when i see you.....you must have alot of them

BTW i was in the GSL parts truck if you remember

Fluidic
08-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Yep... I was going to C1 to have a few new parts installed on my car! :D

Oh... and I have many shirts that are different colors that are, relatively, the same design! ;)

Peter

ACS-e36
08-26-2003, 03:32 AM
ooooooooooo nice skills peter! gotta teach me some of that! lol