PDA

View Full Version : Camp Work

danielbarr
05-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Any of you have experience in camp work?

willyC
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
I spent 2 months at suncor firebag camp.

I dont wanna piss off anyone here that lives in camps, but I have found that they are full of yard apes.

Food was good, but got tiresome after 2 weeks. Beds suck, tvs suck, walls are apaer thin so prepare to learn to sleep with ear plugs.

Your best bet is to stay in town and collect LOA.

What camp you going to?

HuMz
05-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I stayed in poplar point at CNRL all winter long, it really all depends on which camp you end up in.

Majority will have good food, wireless internet in all rooms, satelitte tv, but a huge disadvantage is having paper thin walls like willyc said. (Although I never had a problem most people are in bed sleeping before 10)

redblack
05-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Ive been in 4-5 different camps over the years (suncor millenium and borealis, syncrude mildred lake, muskeg river, and opti-nexan long lake camp) they all are crap. some worst than others. walls are paperthin, you can hear people stomping up and down the hallways, farting, loud conversations on cell phones, very small living space but the food is alright, all you can eat buffet style. If you have the option for LOA over camp, take the LOA.