PDA

View Full Version : Douchebag Dealership (Not BMW related)

BlkMaxima
05-27-2008, 09:17 PM
So I decided that I needed to get a bigger car. I ended up going to Stampede Pontiac on 9th ave downtown. Everything was great got a good trade in value on my car. Picked a used car that I liked. Everything went smooth. I was in and out withing 2 hrs with a new used car. They said that the car was "Optimized" through GM Canada. Which included a 3 Month 3000 KM Warranty. So I drove arround a bit on Saturday and Sunday. With not a single problem. Took it to work and back. Still no problems.

Took it to the Avacado Grill in Deerfoot Meadows. Parked and went inside. I came out about an hour later. And the car wouldn't start at all. It turns over a couple times and then just starts clicking. So I check the battery through the Information screen in the car and it reads 11.9V which should be more than enough to crank and start the car. So I try again with no luck. This time the display shows a message of "Charge system failure".

So I think whatever the warranty will cover this. I will call the dealership tommorow.

I called the dealership as soon as they opened at 9am. I talked to the salesman who sold me the car. He told me that towing charges were not covered by the warranty. After arguing with him for a good 10 minutes or so. I told him I would figure something out.

I called GM Canada they said that the warranty covers towing charges to the nearest GM dealership. Which is great. They arranged for the towing and now my car is at Shaw GMC on Blackfoot.

I then called the salesman again and told him he needs to read up a bit more on what he is selling. Then I told him that I want them to cover the repair costs whether it is covered by warranty or not. He told me that he couldn't do this for me because they didn't make any money on the car to begin with. ( I did get a good deal but they will make more than enough on my car.)

He said that as soon as a vehicle leaves their lot that it is not there concern anymore and they don't know what was done to make the problem happen.

Does anyone know what I can do to make them cover everything? I think that it's bullshit if they try to make me pay anything on this car. I had it for 3 days.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

TomcoPDR
05-27-2008, 09:22 PM
So the GM Optimized plan wouldn't cover the 3 month/3,000km warranty???

Graham_A_M
05-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

I then called the salesman again and told him he needs to read up a bit more on what he is selling. Then I told him that I want them to cover the repair costs whether it is covered by warranty or not. He told me that he couldn't do this for me because they didn't make any money on the car to begin with. ( I did get a good deal but they will make more than enough on my car.)

He said that as soon as a vehicle leaves their lot that it is not there concern anymore and they don't know what was done to make the problem happen.
:rofl: yes it still is in some cases. I suggest dropping the word "Amvic" and seeing his reaction. Most dealerships value their reputation more then a $400 fix of some sort.

What kind of car is it?

BlkMaxima
05-27-2008, 09:25 PM
The 3 month warranty is included in the optimized plan.

But it may not cover the electrical system.

It's just a 04 Pontiac Grand Prix. Nothing special.

dezmarez
05-27-2008, 09:33 PM
fuck dealerships

TomcoPDR
05-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez
fuck dealerships

Didn't you just get your deposit BACK from a dealership that pulled strings to fix the issue? :rofl:

Jlude
05-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Meh... first speak with someone higher up, maybe a GM...

and if he gives you the same answer, tell him that you feel this is extremely unfair, since you just bought the car their 3 days ago, finally, tell him that for every dollar you spend on the car, you'll match that in your efforts to warn the public of the way his/her dealership has treated you by going to papers/news/BBB and such.

rc2002
05-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Does boosting it work? I have a feeling it's the alternator. If you got such a good deal on the car and it's a cheap fix you should just fix it yourself. Better then dealing with all the BS - it's just not worth the time.

FilthyMcNasty
05-28-2008, 09:23 AM
just go to the showroom at the dealership and take a knife to some of the Leather seats in there. You will feel much better.

teggypimp95
05-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Talk to the service manager or something before you give up. Dont waste your time with the salesman. After that, call the BBB so other poor bastards dont get stuck in a problem like yours

syeve
05-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Does boosting it work? I have a feeling it's the alternator. If you got such a good deal on the car and it's a cheap fix you should just fix it yourself. Better then dealing with all the BS - it's just not worth the time.

I agree...IF you find out it is not covered under warrenty, take it somewhere else, try boosting it so you dont have to tow it. They will lose way more money if you never take it back there for repairs. Post the name of the salesman so people can avoid him.

7thgenvic
05-28-2008, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't waste anymore time with the sales douche. Half of the time they don't even know the policies of their company. Talk to GM Canada, and explain the problem and ask what they will do for you. If you have that warranty, even the dealership should recognize that :)

arian_ma
05-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
It's principal man. This is exactly how these fucking dealerships get it in their head that people are retarded and if they just say "no it was your fault" everyone will go away. Maybe it is "okay" for the minor things, but when someone's engine blows up for no reason and the dealership refuses to fix it...I mean it all stems from the same seed.

JustinGTP
05-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Come over to Western Canada Grand Prix club and we can help you with the problem, we have a lot of very Grand Prix smart people.

http://www.wcgpc.org

But, don't waste time with the BBB, they don't do anything, what a waste of time.