PDA

View Full Version : PS questions

TalonVelocity
08-22-2003, 12:12 PM
hey, just got PS yesterday.. and I have run into a few problems. I can colorchange perfectly (see the CRX threaD) but lowered presents a problem. What I tried was the lasso around the car, then drag it down, but that leaves a big bland mark on the backkground :( how to I make it blend in with the rest of the background? thanks, more questions to come when I run into them :)

air_mikey
08-22-2003, 01:04 PM
try cutting the selection you just made then pasting it so it is a new layer. then move the new layer.

TalonVelocity
08-22-2003, 04:20 PM
but then instead of having a blank background I have 2 cars

SeRb
08-22-2003, 08:56 PM
select what under the car

and invert the selection
then drag it down

SeRb
08-22-2003, 08:59 PM
for example ur green area would be ur selection

SeRb
08-22-2003, 09:01 PM
select > inverse . . .
and u get this

SeRb
08-22-2003, 09:01 PM
now just copy ur selection, paste it and lower it

TalonVelocity
08-22-2003, 11:34 PM
thanks alot man! :)

TalonVelocity
08-24-2003, 02:10 PM
a few more questions:
1> changing rims, how to I take the rims that I want off of the car, off?

2> when I want to change the color of a car, how do I make it so that it wont blend in with the cirrent color?

TalonVelocity
08-24-2003, 09:30 PM
hey, 2 questions I would like answered :)

1>> say I want to paint a car a diff. color, how do I make it so that when I color it in, the new color doesnt blend with the old one? dont say to set my opacity to 100% because then the reflections on the car will not show up, and it will look totally fake :/ (heres the situation: I put a white sidedkirt from another car, on to a red car. I try to paint it blue, but the blue on the white sideskirt turns light blue, while the body is like dark purple.. I need it all to be the same blue)

2>> I made the wheels/tires bigger on a car, but now they overlap with the wheel well. How can I make it so that the car overlaps the wheels, not the other way around?

thanks in advance :)

RC-Cola
08-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
hey, 2 questions I would like answered :)

1>> say I want to paint a car a diff. color, how do I make it so that when I color it in, the new color doesnt blend with the old one? dont say to set my opacity to 100% because then the reflections on the car will not show up, and it will look totally fake :/ (heres the situation: I put a white sidedkirt from another car, on to a red car. I try to paint it blue, but the blue on the white sideskirt turns light blue, while the body is like dark purple.. I need it all to be the same blue)

2>> I made the wheels/tires bigger on a car, but now they overlap with the wheel well. How can I make it so that the car overlaps the wheels, not the other way around?

thanks in advance :)

To answer your first question:
Once you have placed all of your various body kits and other body pieces you want to select all of them (parts that you want to paint).
After you have everything selected you will want to desaturate it all to get it one colour. This can be done two different ways (as far as I know of!) the easiest is by going Image>Adjustments>Desaturate. This will give a general monotone colour. the other way is to go Image>Adjusments>Hue/Saturation. This way you can manually change the saturation level. I find it will give you better control over the shadows and reflections on the car.
After you have desaturated everything (and now your car should be all one colour!) you need to colour it. This is done in the Image>Adjustments>Colour Balance section. Makes sure that you go into the Shadows and Highlights and change the colour there as well.

In your second question I'm not too sure what your asking. I think your asking if you make the wheel/tires larger they start to show over the wheel well fender... I fthis is the case you can copy and paste onto a new layer the car body itself or just erase the wheel itself that is sticking over the top!

I hope this helps.

TalonVelocity
08-25-2003, 11:51 AM
that worked awesome!! thanks!