PDA

View Full Version : Dude steals a truck, tells cops he has a bomb

DragZilla
05-30-2008, 08:19 AM
any one see this the other day?
watch the dude get smoked by a cop at the end haha

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?rn=222561&cl=7993918&ch=222562

avow
05-30-2008, 08:26 AM
lol they really smoked him :D

nismodrifter
05-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Damn pwnnnnnt

spikerS
05-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by avow
lol they really smoked him :D

friggin rights. that unmarked cruiser hit him hard. cracked the windshield and sent him flying.

1-Bar
05-30-2008, 08:50 AM
ouch

rmk
05-30-2008, 11:02 AM
There was an uproar from the bleeding hearts in BC about the cop at the end using excessive force against that guy. :rolleyes:

Destinova403
05-30-2008, 11:08 AM
he deserved it... brought him down without risking anyone elses safety.

mx73someday
05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
That part about him telling the cops he had a bomb sounds made up, it's convenient for the cops and it's pretty much impossible to verify.

The cop running the guy down with his truck was definitely bad judgement in my books. The thief should be perceived as a threat, but I don't think it's standard policy to run down criminals with cars, especially when they're not even facing you.

DayGlow
05-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't know if the contact was intentional. Watching the video the bad guy was running along the shoulder of the road as the SUV is in the inside lane. The SUV then angles in and moves the outside lane. At that time the bad guy runs out into the middle of the outside lane. Reaction is always slower than action and the SUV which is movign quite quickly, probably to head off and corral the bad guy by cutting infront of him, didn't stop in time when the bad guy changed his direction.

I'll accept accidental contact in a high risk situation any time. It's a lot easier to look back at a situation and take in all the facts than to be there while it happens. The risk is high, it is unknown if the bad guy is armed. He threated that he had a bomb, which has to be take seriously, and stated that he won't be stopped. He set the rules of engagment and has to live by them. He showed no regard to life or safety while he drove the vehicle, vearing at and ramming police vehicles.

Even if the contact was intentional, I think it could be justified. Look at our own little car-jacker running around town. Information said he had a gun, but who knows really until after the fact. As he is dumping one car and running to jack another and a cop ran him down in a car and he turns out to be unarmed, is that wrong? Who knows what was going through buddies head as he ran from the truck. What would your opinion be if he jacked a car and then killed someone during the jack or trying to get away from the cops? If then under those circumstances using potential lethal force by striking him with a motor vehicle is wrong? I don't think so.

So how do you avoid being run down by the cops? Don't jack a car, drive like an idiot and try to run down cops and their cars. That action right there shows that he understands that the cops are their and are trying to stop him from whatever goal he has.

I personally think that the down in some States that they have the right view. Anyone that runs in a motor vehicle should know that their action is a lethal threat and is treated as such.

BlueGoblin
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
MX73SOMEDAY - Absolutely right about the bomb part sounding made up. Naked truck thieves never say stupid stuff, and especially wouldn't be saying anything about blowing stuff up.

I would expect that a person who has demonstrated violent and dangerous behaviour towards people on the roads ought to be
treated as dangerous.

He needed to be stopped, and mowing him down was probably a lot kinder than shooting him repeatedly, which they probably had justification to do.

If he were running into my parent's neighbourhood, for instance, I would hope that they would do the same.

DragZilla
05-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Aparantly the driver was pulled over while driving the truck and told a cop he had a bomb and was going to blow up the Port Man Bridge, then took off in the truck.

snowboard
05-30-2008, 02:05 PM
hahahaha
he got
fuckeddddddddddddd up
who cares, he put himselfi n the situation, that cop ended it.
BFD
get over it you hippies.

Jlude
05-30-2008, 02:22 PM
what a lunatic...

good to see he was caught... and got fucked up in the process

BerserkerCatSplat
05-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Damn, haha, guy got creamed!

nightfx
05-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Watching him get hit by the car was great. :rofl: