PDA

View Full Version : Yet again in my driveway but not a ferrari...More of classic.

ekguy
05-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Like the title says. My brother in law has alot of wealthy friends apparantly. This thing was in many ways more intense than their friend's f430.

Countash in all it's glory.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Gravy_83/cars/22.jpg

This thing was loud as all holy hell.

ekguy
05-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Well ok no longer in my driveway there since it had to be moved to let someone out of our garage. One of the kids on my godson's hockey team's dad's own this. My sister and brother in law go out to drink with them almost every weekend. My brother in law crashed there got to come home in this.

TaiChino
05-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Sweet and nostalgic but ask them how it is revesing.

ekguy
05-30-2008, 05:59 PM
what the fuck does revesing mean???

TYMSMNY
05-30-2008, 06:01 PM
^ reversing

snowboard
05-30-2008, 06:02 PM
gotta sit on the doorsill for reversing

ekguy
05-30-2008, 06:03 PM
i dunno seemed like it wasn't the easiest thing in the world as he was backing out of the driveway then out of the way he was parked but man I could hear him all the way down 194th ave. He was a good half kilometer away from the house and I could hear him merge onto MacLoud trail it's nuts.

Redlyne_mr2
05-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow a real countach, thats rare.. It takes a true enthusiast to own one of those, theyre hard to drive, loud , and love to leak oil, break down etc.

Killer car. :thumbsup:

badatusrnames
05-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Wow a real countach, thats rare.. It takes a true enthusiast to own one of those, theyre hard to drive, loud , and love to leak oil, break down etc.

:werd: Isn't that what it's all about? It's the labour of love that differentiates owning a car versus just having a mode of transportation.

dannie
05-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Thats Jeffs car. Theres a really cool story behind where that car came from. Ask him next time you see him. PLUS: Its not just any countach, its a 25th anniversary edition.

VWbloke
05-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice!

weeznah
05-30-2008, 07:43 PM
ive seen that car 3 times in my neigbourhood.hes cocky

badatusrnames
05-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by weeznah

So what if he's cocky. He has a reason to be.

If little bitches in their riced out 98 fwhp civics can be cocky (not referring to anyone in particular here) then a guy driving a 25th anniversary edition Countache can be more than cocky...

dino_martini
05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
I've been in a red LP500s, and even though it is such a wacky car and nothing ergonomically works.. I love it.

ZorroAMG
05-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Interesting...three spellings of the same name..

Countash
Countach
Countache.

My vote is on Countach.

Nice car....screams 80's Miami Vice and that's FTW.

badatusrnames
05-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Interesting...three spellings of the same name..

Countash
Countach
Countache.

My vote is on Countach.

Nice car....screams 80's Miami Vice and that's FTW.

I stand corrected... it is indeed Countach. I will not edit my post in an attempt to hide my shame.

ZorroAMG
05-30-2008, 08:01 PM
:D

dannie
05-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Proper spelling is mine

Countach

And the guy isn't cocky. Super nice actually. But even if he were, he would have every right to be. IMO

ZorroAMG
05-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by dannie
Proper spelling is mine

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks tips!

dannie
05-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Anytime :D

nightfx
05-30-2008, 08:28 PM
The Countach is one of my favourite lambo's had a poster of it in my room for the longest time. :love:

E36M3
05-30-2008, 08:30 PM
That is a great car. Would take a lot of patience to own it, but man it would be a lot of fun to tear off to Banff.. just make sure to have your AMA card handy.

Before they were bought by Audi, a friend of mine told me a funny thing about Lamborghini.. be prepared to break down several times and be stuck on the side of the highway for an extended period of time.. people never pull over to help you when you break down in a Lambo apparently.

Beautiful, glad people are keeping those around.

badatusrnames
05-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by nightfx
The Countach is one of my favourite lambo's had a poster of it in my room for the longest time. :love:

Haha. Who didn't? I also had a ton of diecast cars, slot cars, plastic models of them...

But I think the closest I'm going to get is a car with Diablo headlights...

Jlude
05-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Not to be a jerk, but the car sat in your driveway for a while, and that's the best picture you took?

dj_rice
05-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
Not to be a jerk, but the car sat in your driveway for a while, and that's the best picture you took?

He was too busy arguing with his milf about her dirty thoughts

Jlude
05-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

He was too busy arguing with his milf about her dirty thoughts

oh.... where's my head... forgot all about that.

Whiley
05-30-2008, 09:51 PM
nice, 89 anniversary edition

is there anyone who didnt have a poster of either the white lambo or red alpine one on thier wall as a boy?

ekguy
05-31-2008, 03:50 AM

i've talked to the guy at my godson's hockey games and i don't think it's him being cocky as much as him having worked hard to buy a true enthusiast super car....Not a Ferrari model that a good half dozen guys or maybe even a dozen guys have in Calgary. I've only seen 2 of these in 4 or 5 years of being here. Ferrari's I had seen 2 or 3 even 4 or 5 years ago my first week. This is truly a car most of us have dreamed about owning, driving maybe even just simply sitting in. I sat in an Enzo and it was awesome but I mean it's still something you'd see as often as this car in this city...This is just a crazy ride to see when coming home and get to look at and just examine. It was indeed one of the sweetest cars I have ever seen. Hands down that car is definitely :bigpimp: and will make most of us :drool: and get us alot of :poosie: if we had one of our own haha.

ekguy
05-31-2008, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Jlude

your not a jerk i know it's a shitty pic. I had a crap cell phone and honestly I'll see it again this summer. Next time it's here I'm sure my brother in law will use his SLR to take pics like he did of his buddy's Ferrari. This car would deserve a photo shoot. But I was too busy staring at it and was also late to leave with my girlfriend to go somewhere so just grabbed a quick cell phone pic.

EK 2.0
05-31-2008, 08:27 AM

Same can be said of your S Dub....:D

pinoyhero
05-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Sick dude, loving it, countach FTW

ToastiER
05-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Sorry I can't see the pic here at work. Did it have the US front bumper or the Euro one?

25th anniversary what is the specs on that?

ercchry
05-31-2008, 10:02 AM
i remember this car from way back in the day, haha at my old jr high/elementary school he was there in it to pick up his kid and my buddy asked him if he could do burn outs with his e-brake :rofl: his response was that he didnt need the e-brake to do burn outs haha

and i think this guy lives a street over from me, i always see this car

Godfuader
05-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Whiley

is there anyone who didnt have a poster of either the white lambo or red alpine one on thier wall as a boy?
:rofl: haha, I just found a framed poster of the red alpine last month in my storage. It had the lambo with lightning and an eagle:dunno: You know that was all the rage in the early 90s.

Redlyne_mr2
05-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Same can be said of your S Dub....:D
lol my car wouldnt be successful at picking up washed out old skanks in front of cowboys like the countach would be.

Having a Countach, a 928 and an f40 in the driveway would be the ultimate 80's glam rock driveway, maybe throw in a Delorean for good measure.

Come to think of it, I think there was a poster from back in the day that pictured all of those cars lined up in a garage.

89s1
05-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Whiley

mine was white :thumbsup:

lewdvig
05-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Mine was red and had Heather Thomas (I think that was her name - hottie from the Fall Guy) laying on the hood in a bikini.

My mom bought it for me. :D

I think she thought if I did not see enough T&A I might turn gay. I should have just left my pR0n out in the open for her to find.

http://www.jasonbennion.com/photos/albums/Misc/Heather_Thomas.jpg

spikerS
05-31-2008, 11:26 AM
I have a total soft spot for these cars. Growing up it was always the dream to own one. The lambos these days just don't have the styling that these did. IMO these were the last of the lambos with styling character.

E36M3
05-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Justification for higher education

lol my car wouldnt be successful at picking up washed out old skanks in front of cowboys like the countach would be.

Having a Countach, a 928 and an f40 in the driveway would be the ultimate 80's glam rock driveway, maybe throw in a Delorean for good measure.

Come to think of it, I think there was a poster from back in the day that pictured all of those cars lined up in a garage.

EK 2.0
05-31-2008, 05:57 PM

We have to do a shoot like that in pastel coloured blazers with the sleeves rolled up, rocking old school aviators and DEP Gel dripping from our hair....

Originally posted by E36M3

I STILL have that poster kicking around somewhere....I remember the led light up versions of it as well...

ianmcc
05-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by lewdvig
Mine was red and had Heather Thomas (I think that was her name - hottie from the Fall Guy) laying on the hood in a bikini.

My mom bought it for me. :D

I think she thought if I did not see enough T&A I might turn gay. I should have just left my pR0n out in the open for her to find.

http://www.jasonbennion.com/photos/albums/Misc/Heather_Thomas.jpg

Wow-I had that exact poster in my room- Fall Guy FTW!!!!
And I had a Countach poster as well, some bimbo stretched across the hood if I recall. IMHO, one of the sexiest cars even to this day. You may not know a F40 from a F1 but everyone knows that car.
And for the record I had a white suit, pastel green T-shirt and no socks. I'M SONNY CROCKETT, B*TCH!!!!

rmk
05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Anyone have the poster with the Countach pulled over by the cira 1980's California CHP car with the hot blonde officer? :hitit:

01RedDX
05-31-2008, 07:32 PM

weeznah
05-31-2008, 10:04 PM
everytime its in my neighbourhood and I pull up beside his.
Obviously starring at his car because it is an amazing machine.
He assumes i want to race, so he guns it every time. Im just saying, everyone knows you have a nice classic supercar just dont drive it like a bmw owner.

Redlyne_mr2
06-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by E36M3

Yeeeesssss.. thankyou... I wonder if I can still track that poster down... EK sell me yours lol, its the perfect pool table room poster.

Redlyne_mr2
06-01-2008, 02:28 AM
oh found it
http://i21.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/f3/9c/31e8_1.JPG

Godfuader
06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Updated version

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/151/PTW-125~Justification-for-Higher-Education-Posters.jpg

95teetee
06-08-2008, 09:57 AM
everytime its in my neighbourhood and I pull up beside his.
Obviously starring at his car because it is an amazing machine.
He assumes i want to race, so he guns it every time. Im just saying, everyone knows you have a nice classic supercar just dont drive it like a bmw owner. I'd love it if he did that to me- I'd launch the crap out of my car and then wait for him to catch up:rofl:

providing my TC didn't drop on the road that is:(

brown_guy
06-10-2008, 11:55 PM
I love that car .......I have always been a fan of it:thumbsup:

InLoveWitRSX
06-11-2008, 12:07 AM
does he live in cranston?? cause i think ive seen him parked at a house tehre before

outsider
06-11-2008, 07:17 AM
He's a good friend of mine. I play soccer with him. He has worked very hard over the years, and thought he would finally get a toy!

ekguy
06-11-2008, 11:14 AM
seems like a nice guy everytime i met him if it's the same guy. Goes out drinking with my sister and her husband once in a while now. but it was often while their boys were playing hockey. Nice ride for sure. Sounds so loud I wouldn't doubt if it ate little kids for lunch. I had shivers when he took off in our street.

dimi
06-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader
Updated version

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/151/PTW-125~Justification-for-Higher-Education-Posters.jpg

I have the updated version :D

Eleanor
06-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Damn, the epitome of Lambo right there :drool:

483hp
06-11-2008, 09:26 PM
It's a Bianco Perlato Anniversario Countach and a euro carburated version to boot. Very rare and there's an interesting ownership history with this one. If you ever see it, ask about the serial number.

ekguy
06-11-2008, 09:39 PM
got a new phone. So hopefully better pics next time he comes over.