PDA

View Full Version : Edmunds - Evo X MR vs. GT-R vs. 911 vs. R8 vs. Elise vs. STi

heavyD
05-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Edmunds looking for the best car for any road. No surprise which car wins both the road and track. However the EVO X shows up the Porsche and well the STI probably doesn't belong in the test.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=126453?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

Destinova403
05-31-2008, 06:06 PM
hmm in that test id take the R8 or the Elise... but really it just proved what we already knew.

heavyD
05-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403
hmm in that test id take the R8 or the Elise... but really it just proved what we already knew.

I think I would have to take the R8 over even the GTR if only because it looks more exotic and can hang with the Nissan.

dino_martini
05-31-2008, 08:15 PM
GTR for me. Though I'd take a look at the Evo and the 911. R8 is too ugly, STI is kinda boring, Elise would make a good second car.

Inzane
06-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
GTR for me. R8 is too ugly

Wow... You think the GT-R is better looking than the R8? :dunno:

The GTR is fugly, IMO.

spyce
06-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I think I would have to take the R8 over even the GTR if only because it looks more exotic and can hang with the Nissan.

:werd:

I mean at some point of the performance factors can only mean so much and for me the looks department will take over

LongCity
06-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

Wow... You think the GT-R is better looking than the R8? :dunno:

The GTR is fugly, IMO.

Although it's not that ugly but his comment is like "I'd pick Fergie, Adriana Lima is ugly."

Quiet10
06-01-2008, 02:30 AM
repost

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220444/2009-nissan-gt-r-vs-the-world/

rc2002
06-01-2008, 01:05 PM
If the performance is that close, I would take the GT-R over the R8 and pocket $50k. $50k is a lot of money for aesthetics.

dino_martini
06-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
If the performance is that close, I would take the GT-R over the R8 and pocket $50k. $50k is a lot of money for aesthetics.

Plus you get four proper seats and a trunk you can put things in.

The R8 is ugly, the GTR isnt exactly pretty but its not as bad as the R8 in my opinion. You guys can pick what ever car you want, no need to get all worked up.

heavyD
06-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Plus you get four proper seats and a trunk you can put things in.

The R8 is ugly, the GTR isnt exactly pretty but its not as bad as the R8 in my opinion. You guys can pick what ever car you want, no need to get all worked up.

Styling is always open to opinions as it's subjective. You can argue that the EVO X offers the best performance for the dollar and it's twin clutch transmission is better than the one in the GTR and supposedly the best of its kind so far.

lewdvig
06-01-2008, 03:46 PM
"Fact is, we asked Chevy for a 2008 Corvette Z06 and we asked Dodge for a 2008 Viper SRT10, but both refused to loan us their cars — presumably because we'd be testing their best metal against the almighty GT-R.

Sniff, sniff. Does somebody smell chicken?"

max_boost
06-01-2008, 03:58 PM
GTR destroys all. To say this is a great car is an understatement. Nissan really hit a home run with this one. I think the car looks great too. :burnout:

heavyD
06-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
GTR destroys all. To say this is a great car is an understatement. Nissan really hit a home run with this one. I think the car looks great too. :burnout:

The only thing they may have overlooked is demand as they will be hard to get for years. The interior is a bit odd looking and the exterior isn't sexy but isn't offensive either. If anything the GTR has forced Porsche, Chevy, and others to roll up their sleeves as the status quo has been upped.

SilverRex
06-01-2008, 04:09 PM
when I saw the R8 in the movie Ironman, its the car to have for daily driver.

The GTR is really for track I say, however you just cannot argue for what you get with the price.

I say R8 then GTR and a family SUV to complete my triple garage home. SUV I say BMW X6

dino_martini
06-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by lewdvig
"Fact is, we asked Chevy for a 2008 Corvette Z06 and we asked Dodge for a 2008 Viper SRT10, but both refused to loan us their cars — presumably because we'd be testing their best metal against the almighty GT-R.

Sniff, sniff. Does somebody smell chicken?"

I wouldnt want to put my car out there just to fight for second place behind the GTR. ZR1 might be a different story though.

ExOz
06-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Evo already put the corvette against the GTR on the strip, the gtr beat it. Only just, but a win is a win.

mark4091
06-01-2008, 07:12 PM

The only thing they may have overlooked is demand as they will be hard to get for years. The interior is a bit odd looking and the exterior isn't sexy but isn't offensive either. If anything the GTR has forced Porsche, Chevy, and others to roll up their sleeves as the status quo has been upped.

My thoughts exactly, can't wait to see how the ZR1 stands up to the GTR.

treg50
06-03-2008, 03:17 PM
:repost:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220677/2009-nissan-gt-r-vs-the-world/

LOL! Turning a good GT-R review into EvoX propaganda... "Evo X MR vs...."?? Wtf?

It's titled 2009 Nissan GT-R vs. the World.

heavyD
06-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by treg50

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220677/2009-nissan-gt-r-vs-the-world/

LOL! Turning a good GT-R review into EvoX propaganda... "Evo X MR vs...."?? Wtf?

It's titled 2009 Nissan GT-R vs. the World.

It's a GTR review? I could have swore that six cars were involved. :whocares: Good god, no wonder everyone hates Tornotonains.

treg50
06-04-2008, 09:34 AM
It's a wonder that this REPOST hasn't been closed yet.

It's a GTR review? I could have swore that six cars were involved. :whocares: Good god, no wonder everyone hates Tornotonains.
Six cars were involved, the GT-R was the focus... but for some strange reason your original post spins it as the pissing contest/propaganda of the EvoX vs STI... strange how don't mention of what the entire focus of the story is: the GT-R.

Edmunds calls it:

Ultimate Performance Car Test: 2009 Nissan GT-R vs. the World
The first two paragraphs on the page mention the GT-R and the point of the test.

Nothing to get defensive about: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220444/2009-nissan-gt-r-vs-the-world/

E46..sTyLez
06-04-2008, 11:24 AM
the EVO X shows up the Porsche and well the STI probably doesn't belong in the test.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=126453?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

Did anyone else notice that te EVO was the ONLY car that didn't reach 100mph in the trap?

heavyD
06-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by treg50
It's a wonder that this REPOST hasn't been closed yet.

Six cars were involved, the GT-R was the focus... but for some strange reason your original post spins it as the pissing contest/propaganda of the EvoX vs STI... strange how don't mention of what the entire focus of the story is: the GT-R.

Edmunds calls it:

The first two paragraphs on the page mention the GT-R and the point of the test.

Nothing to get defensive about: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220444/2009-nissan-gt-r-vs-the-world/

It's a comparison test. Spin it all you want but it is a comparison test. My title lists all the cars WTF are you talking about. Man you are a tard.:thumbsdow

ToastiER
06-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Aren't message forums great, can't we all just get along?
lol

JRSC00LUDE
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ToastiER
Aren't message forums great, can't we all just get along?
lol

Shut it newb. :english:

kenny
06-04-2008, 03:47 PM
What an oversight on Edmunds part by not including the M3 in this comparison. :rolleyes:

ToastiER
06-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Shut it newb. :english:

Newb? Have a look at your sign up date little boy. I guess I will have to go down on a moderator like you to get a custom tag.

:thumbsup:

When we gonna party?

JRSC00LUDE
06-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ToastiER

Newb? Have a look at your sign up date little boy. I guess I will have to go down on a moderator like you to get a custom tag.

:thumbsup:

When we gonna party?

Without a volcano, there can be no party. :cry:

Back on topic, blah blah blah GT-R blah blah Audi blah blah wait for the new vette.....BLAH.

btw - I'm not a mod so going down on me will get you nothing but coldsores and lockjaw.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

going down on me will get you nothing but coldsores and lockjaw.

Who knows, maybe he's into that sort of thing. :barf:

ToastiER
06-04-2008, 05:05 PM
I already got a dose from you on our last trip to Calgary.

mitshboy
06-10-2008, 11:58 AM
sti sucks my nuts.. all the hype and shit over some fucken ugly looking piece of shit!! lol

as for the nissan.. all i can say is wow:drool:
and i love my mitsubishi!!! sexy EVO !!

Inzane
06-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by mitshboy
sti sucks my nuts.. all the hype and shit over some fucken ugly looking piece of shit!! lol

as for the nissan.. all i can say is wow:drool:

The Nissan (GTR) is a "fucken ugly looking" not-so piece of shit. :rofl:

But yeah the STi still looks worse.