PDA

View Full Version : Nike+ Running Challenge for June

roopi
06-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Well there was only 2 of us for the May challenge so hopefully we can get at least 1 more peron this month. There seems to be a few people interested so this is the time to join.

Challenge runs from today until the end of June. If you'd like to join PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite to the challenge.

What is Nike+?
Nike gives you feedback on how you're running, while your running - hear you pace, time, distance and calories burned with your iPod nano. Or see it all on your wrist with a Nike+ SportBand. A sensor in your shoe keeps track of every step, so you can keep focused on your training.

Your runs come to life with Nike+. See every run and use the run data to get motivated, track progress, set goals, win rewards and challenge friends to run longer, faster, or more often.

Note: You don't need to purchase Nike+ shoes to be part of the challenge. You can use something like this http://lacelid.com with your Nano instead. Also Nike has a sportsband you can use now so you don't even need a Nano.

tighefighter
06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm down, PM sent.

roopi
06-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by tighefighter
I'm down, PM sent.

Replied to your PM. You'll need to PM me your email address so I can send you an invite to the challenge.

CaptainReboot
06-03-2008, 08:00 AM
I'll accept the invite today. I've been travelling for work almost every week, so that has definately cut into my running time in May and in June. Hopefully some of the hotels I stay at will have gyms.

Fred
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I've been looking into this lately and I'm definitely interested but all the reviews I read say the sensor battery is non replaceable and they stop working within a few months. Has anyone had any issues?

swak
06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
pm'd

roopi
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Fred
I've been looking into this lately and I'm definitely interested but all the reviews I read say the sensor battery is non replaceable and they stop working within a few months. Has anyone had any issues?

I've had it for 4 months now (used it for 3 so far) and I've had no problems. You are right that the battery is not replaceable however you can buy just the sensor. You don't have to buy the transmitter kit again.

Originally posted by swak
pm'd

Invite has been sent. Let me know if you have any problems.

CaptainReboot
06-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I've used it for almost 2 years and I have yet to replace it.

~Leah~
06-03-2008, 12:12 PM
I'll do it but I still have to go buy the thing.... email is in my profile.

roopi
06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I'll do it but I still have to go buy the thing.... email is in my profile.

I'll need you to PM me your email address. I have to enter your email into the Nike+ website to send you the invitation so I can't get that from your profile.

roopi
06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Well we're up to 5 people for this month. It's too bad only 1 of us has a run in so far. What's going on here? :dunno:

swak
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
haha ill buy that thing for the July comp. :P

ive run, but not with a tracker

CaptainReboot
06-11-2008, 07:54 AM
I do most of my running outside and it's been raining non stop. I'm not dedicated enough yet to be running in the rain.

Work's also got be travelling like crazy. Hopefully there will be a treadmill at the next hotel I'm staying at.

~Leah~
06-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Rain Rain go away!!!! Plus I haven't actually purchased the kit yet cuz I'm a procrastinator like that... I think I'm gonna have to hold off till July cuz I'm trying to finish up a spring class right now and it's keeping me super busy. Don't get me wrong, I've been to the gym ... just not with the tracker.

Pihsiak
06-11-2008, 11:43 AM
too bad they don't work on a video... or do they?

~Leah~
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Nope just nano I think?

CaptainReboot
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
They only work for the flash drive based ipods.

swak
06-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Do they work on the generation of ipods prior to the gen currently out?

roopi
06-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by swak
Do they work on the generation of ipods prior to the gen currently out?

I know it works for 2nd Gen Nano. If you don't want a Nano there is a wristband available as well now.

swak
06-13-2008, 03:04 PM
i just bought it, and it does work on my ipod...
I will be trying to catch up to you in the near future.

swak
06-14-2008, 07:54 PM
How do i add my runs to the competition tracking?

It says im still at 0.

...my runs are on my profile though.

roopi
06-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Did you confirm the invitation? If so then once you connect your ipod to your computer the run's will automatically be synced. Actually when iTunes opens click on your ipod on the left then on the top menu click Nike + iPod and make sure the 'Automatically send workout data to nikeplus.com' is checked.

Also it usually takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours for the Nike site to update sometimes.

For everyone who's been invited and hasn't confirmed yet can you please just confirm the invitation so then you can be invited to the challenges each month when they are reset?

Gorilla
06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Just bought one of these, hopefully it motivates me to become a runner.

Running outside is 100X harder then running on a treadmill:cry:

~Leah~
06-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Here's a stupid question... do you have to run for this or is walking okay?

roopi
06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Gorilla
Just bought one of these, hopefully it motivates me to become a runner.

Running outside is 100X harder then running on a treadmill:cry:

It is definately different. You can always change the conditions on a treadmill as well though. You can run on a 1-3% incline to somewhat simulate outdoor running.

Originally posted by ~Leah~
Here's a stupid question... do you have to run for this or is walking okay?

Yeah you could walk. You'll just need to make sure you calibrate it when you are running/walking because it will make a difference in the accuracy.