PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see why my thread got closed?

Kloubek
06-01-2008, 06:27 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220520/fs-new-watches-and-jewelry/

I did ask rage, but I guess he's too busy to answer the common folk....

I did try to follow all the rules - and read them again, but perhaps I missed one...

The Cosworth
06-01-2008, 06:28 PM
maybe the way you worded it seemed that you were a re-seller.

I cant really tell to be honest

buh_buh
06-01-2008, 06:30 PM
rage doesn't close all the threads, so he might not even know the reasoning behind it.

Kloubek
06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm certainly not a reseller. Just wanted to help my girl out and give beyond members some really sweet deals!

The Cosworth
06-01-2008, 06:33 PM
^^ no I know but I am just thinking it may have seemed that way at a close glance by a mod

finboy
06-01-2008, 06:33 PM
maybe the mod didn't believe your story, that is a lot of jewelery to accidentally buy :dunno:

Kloubek
06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
She purposely bought it. But couldn't afford it. :) She says it added up a lot quicker than she expected - and once she was commited, she had to buy it or never order from the auction again.

And yes, Rage doesn't mod the forums - but I assume he knows the board rules. But I'm sure he gets a ton of emails - and I suspect mine is not exactly high on priority lists. lol

gpomp
06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
sell them on ebay

kenny
06-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I didn't close it, but yes it does look like a commercial sale. Our rules are open to interpretation. If a mod feels like a sale does not look like a "personal" sale, they will close a thread.

The thread could also have been closed for marketplace rule #5.

Its alot of items to sell all at once, try ebay, craigslist or kijiji.

Kloubek
06-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Well, it's a private sale - as I explained in the listing. I guess I could be lying about it all. But - I'm not.

Marketplace #5 is covered, as they are in original boxes and I DO have the receipts she gave me.

It is a lot of items, but as per marketplace request, I put all the items in one listing.

I'm still not gettin' it. As is anyone else. But like you said, I guess rules are open to interpretation - I just wish the mod who closed it would consider not interpreting like a nazi. ;)

I guess this post is useless now - as some kind soul has removed the url to the thread altogether. I guess we'll never know why it was rejected in the first place...

Heil mods.

dj_rice
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Rule #1 of Beyond....

Do not question moderators actions