PDA

View Full Version : Co-op chicken you let me down

TomcoPDR
06-01-2008, 08:12 PM
But probably saved my life in the long run...

Got my errands done late afternoon, went out to do more errands then realized it was Sunday and fast food joints in the area were closing up (i.e. Subway), so I pulled into Co-op

Knew what I wanted, out ran this 50yo dude taking his leisure stroll with his wife towards the deli department. Grabbed the last BBQ whole chicken, then I overheard the old dude behind saying to himself: "duh, no more chicken" (then turning around to tell his wife ssaying the same thing)... Not sure if he knew I took the last one since I got my back to him now, and started covering my chicken with the jacket and zig-zagged into the bakery department.

So I thought right on, some chicken. And luckly to pull in at the right time to get it.

Brough it home, like most people (I assume), the first thing to go for is that tender, juicy, crispy skin...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_1929.jpg

Long and behold
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_1928.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_1930.jpg

Looked like someone scraped the inside of the oven before taking the last batch of chickens out. :(

Oh well, I suppose that skin isn't healthy anyways. Dinner for one, yum yum!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_1932.jpg

rice_balls
06-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Hahaha enjoy!
I get one of those when i save up enough co-op gas coupons.

dj_rice
06-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Dont you usually look at the chicken before you buy it?Thats what I do when buying one from Superstore

And its all good, just think of it as Cajun style

SkittleFreak
06-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Safeway FTW

Mixalot27
06-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I actually prefer the skin to be kind of burnt, although this might be a bit too much, hard to tell from the pic.

rmk
06-01-2008, 08:43 PM
You should have taken it back man. They will always take food back if it isn't up to your satisfaction. Co-op especially.

TomcoPDR
06-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Mixalot27
hard to tell from the pic.

Good point, no trust me it was flaking off charcoal for it to be worth making an epic thread.

It was still really juicy and tasty chicken, just thought I'd get a laugh at their expense.

DJ: No, that was the last chicken I just went straight there and grabbed it... Superstore is a little different because sometimes they try scamming you in sizes and there're usually a lot more choices at S.S.

Costco chicken's pretty good too BTW, but I wasn't gonna drive 25mins (think they close @ 6pm anyways)

TomcoPDR
06-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by rmk
You should have taken it back man. They will always take food back if it isn't up to your satisfaction. Co-op especially.

I was hungry

GQBalla
06-01-2008, 08:51 PM
ahha sometimes get those chickens too cept never at co-op.

usually go to super store.

but wow that looked pretty bad ahaha +1 for cajun style thinkin ahha

frozenrice
06-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Nice tablecloth. :D

ExtraSlow
06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Nice tablecloth. :D

+1 for tablecloth.

SpoonEK9@STRD
06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

+1 for tablecloth.
+1 for table cloth, I swear it was 2008.

dimi
06-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

:rofl: Even I could do better

civic_stylez
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SkittleFreak
Safeway FTW

+1

Kritafo
06-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Regardless..obviously people eat this chicken...I see people carrying them all the time. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole but I know lots of people like the Costco ones.

Kloubek
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
I see you are also on the meds. Ever consider it's the charred chickens that are causing your problems?

Kritafo
06-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I see you are also on the meds. Ever consider it's the charred chickens that are causing your problems?

I meant to ask what the meds were as well

Tik-Tok
06-03-2008, 11:22 AM

Long and behold

:confused:

Weapon_R
06-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

:confused:

Engrish. Tom speaks it.

avow
06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
pfff i would have still eaten it too lol
+1 for the table cloth

JRSC00LUDE
06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo
Regardless..obviously people eat this chicken...I see people carrying them all the time. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole but I know lots of people like the Costco ones.

What's evil about a rotisserie chicken?

rmk
06-03-2008, 11:42 AM

Considering you devour Tubby Dogs and Vogglio Pizza, what is wrong with those chickens?

TomcoPDR
06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

I meant to ask what the meds were as well

My doctor says these pills keep my sane!
http://image.vmixcore.com/85/285/25/4719080/104/85/47/3a0c0953e74086074c2d5536f12911ee.jpg

Just for a cold. :poosie:

lelalong
06-03-2008, 12:28 PM

I like the splash of colour with the tomatoes. Plate of beige anyone?

ExtraSlow
06-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by lelalong

Plate of beige anyone?
The secret is to have excitingly coloured plates.

frozenrice
06-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Believe it or not, this thing actually works well. Someone gave it to us as a gift and we've used it several times. WAY better than any store bought chicken. Makes an excellent prime rib too.
http://www.asontv.com/kitchen/george-foreman-rotisserie-jr.html?ref=gb&s_cid=104

Kritafo
06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

What's evil about a rotisserie chicken?

Just ask anyone that works at those stores about those chicken they do in the deli.

schocker
06-03-2008, 06:46 PM

Just ask anyone that works at those stores about those chicken they do in the deli.
wat:confused:

Kritafo
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
yeah..chickens left out for hours before cooking at room temp...

I am sure I have ate tons of questionable food. But I worked superstore during the night and heard lots of great stories from the fish and meat dept. Hell I have seen what goes on behind the scenes...pretty much make you not want to shop.

Milk on the floor for hours before it hits the coolers....mice everywhere...just reach into the bottom rack of the chocolate bar holders at the checkout...pull out a box....dust balls the size of rats.

The stuff that gets put back on shelves. Fruits, veggies, meats, deli, frozen stuff...all not suppose to go back on the shelves...but they do.

schocker
06-03-2008, 07:00 PM
well i know it isnt like that at coop:dunno:

USED1
06-03-2008, 07:04 PM
yeah..chickens left out for hours before cooking at room temp...

I am sure I have ate tons of questionable food. But I worked superstore during the night and heard lots of great stories from the fish and meat dept. Hell I have seen what goes on behind the scenes...pretty much make you not want to shop.

Milk on the floor for hours before it hits the coolers....mice everywhere...just reach into the bottom rack of the chocolate bar holders at the checkout...pull out a box....dust balls the size of rats.

The stuff that gets put back on shelves. Fruits, veggies, meats, deli, frozen stuff...all not suppose to go back on the shelves...but they do.

You would think that they would have to live up to the same standards as a restaurant. Mind you, you say this is Superstore? I'm not surprised. Didn't Superstore just get a big fine for refreezing fish or something like that?

dj_rice
06-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Meh, I've eaten at T & T and survived so I dont think Superstore is any worse....

Tik-Tok
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM

Meh. I've worked at restaurants, I've work in grocery stores. I have relatives who worked in the bottling/canning industry. I've seen all kinds of sick stuff. If you stopped shopping/eating everywhere that had nasty things, about the only thing you could do is eat off your own land.

dj_rice
06-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Meh. I've worked at restaurants, I've work in grocery stores. I have relatives who worked in the bottling/canning industry. I've seen all kinds of sick stuff. If you stopped shopping/eating everywhere that had nasty things, about the only thing you could do is eat off your own land.

Exactly, out of sight, out of mind, I guess Krifato was bored and wanted to tell us stories of her previous 70 years of experience on us, now if only she had interesting tidbits that goes like " This one at band camp" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rmk
06-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
now if only she had interesting tidbits that goes like " This one at band camp" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

Kritafo
06-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I have seen the bakery people at co-op let the kids that tour lick the icing then continue to spread it on their cakes too!

excuse me for having a little more life experience than some of you.

01RedDX
06-03-2008, 08:53 PM

TomcoPDR
06-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I have seen the bakery people at co-op let the kids that tour lick the icing then continue to spread it on their cakes too!

When we were in highschool, my buddies working at the meat process plant for the "big store" just throw in the whole BOX (cardboard) into the hamburger grinder, you know those frozen patties. He says it gives it that McDonald's taste :rolleyes:

Kritafo, I take it you haven't visited any slaughter house? Really freak ppl out.

dj_rice
06-03-2008, 08:56 PM

Yeah I'm a lil jealous I wasnt born yet to see the extinction of dinosaurs

Kritafo
06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I grew up in a farm town. It took me years to be able to eat pork again seeing a pig slaughtered. My best friend lived on a chicken farm.

I know all about the workings of a slaughter house. . But let me tell you...they were very strict with handling.

PS..I was born in 69'

The superstore incidents were 2 years ago,...co-op last year.

Amysicle
06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Awww guys.

Stop being so mean. +3 or whatever for the table cloth.

Ever since we bought the grill which came with this rotissarie attachment, I could never eat the ready-to-go chickens again. Soooooo good.

TomcoPDR
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
Awww guys.

Stop being so mean.

:werd: but it's just good internet relaxation entertainment.

My best friend lived on a chicken farm.

Wish I could find a girl my age that can show me the ways of cock raising.

I recently worked out of town and one of the locals invited me to their farm, see. Only been on farms a few times, but don't you agree it's a different feeling when you kill animals on the farm knowing you need them to survive/eat, than to watch them conveyor belted into the slaughter house?

It was funny, even the farmer's 7yo kid knows how to use that cow guillotine. And that testicle chopper :barf:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_1893.jpg

JRSC00LUDE
06-03-2008, 09:51 PM

Sister-in-law worked at the superstore for a few years in that dept. and loved getting those chickens. She didn't seem (and still doesn't even though she no longer works there) to have any issues with eating them.

I think you're buying into some hysteria on that one, one persons bad experience does not an absolute make.

Who knows, maybe it does. I could be crazy. I've been up for days since I got addicted to that fucking nicotine-enhanced coffee at Timmies. ;)

No wait, that's it! I am aware of a good experience in this regard so that MUST mean that 100% of all rotisserie chicken supplying stores are A-OK! What other explanation could there be?

Oh, and I saw a fat chick asking for loose change this afternoon so all overweight women must be panhandlers!

The world is so clear to me now.....thank you for delivering me into the light oh holy roasted chicken, THANK YOU. :cry:

The_Rural_Juror
06-03-2008, 10:27 PM

badatusrnames
06-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Food safety rules are much different now than they were in the 50's.

Burn!

ExtraSlow
06-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror That's an odd method of conception. hilarious.

bobby_lu
06-04-2008, 07:42 AM

Wish I could find a girl my age that can show me the ways of cock raising.

:rofl:

TomcoPDR
06-06-2008, 03:53 PM
UPDATE

I'm really happy they made things right :thumbsup:

I wrote them a letter on the day of this incident (June 1, 2008) stating the skin of the chicken having charcoal flakes, sent them pictures, etc... only to share my chicken eating experience.

And on June 6, 2008, got a letter back from the store manager acknowledge to look into the quality control process and (I NEVER asked for compensation since I ate the chicken) he gave me a $20 gift card. :clap:

Customer service and care which is very rare in the new Calgary era, but good to see still exist. :thumbsup:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/CCF06062008_00000.jpg

dj_rice
06-06-2008, 03:55 PM
UPDATE

I'm really happy they made things right :thumbsup:

I wrote them a letter on the day of this incident (June 1, 2008) stating the skin of the chicken having charcoal flakes, sent them pictures, etc... only to share my chicken eating experience.

And on June 6, 2008, got a letter back from the store manager acknowledge to look into the quality control process and (I NEVER asked for compensation since I ate the chicken) he gave me a $20 gift card. :clap:

Customer service and care which is very rare in the new Calgary era, but good to see still exist. :thumbsup:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/CCF06062008_00000.jpg

Wow score!

Are you going to use ur GC to buy more chicken?:rofl:

TomcoPDR
06-06-2008, 03:58 PM

Wow score!

Yes, yes I am... because honestly once you peel the skin off, it was a perfectly great chicken... aside from the skin isn't really healthy to begin with, but sometimes you'd like the option to be able to cheat and pick off that crispy skin once you bring your chicken home.

frozenrice
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM

Wow score!

I'd spend it on a tablecloth..........

j/k :D

teg_boya
06-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

That's an odd method of conception.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ExtraSlow
06-07-2008, 10:39 AM
co-op does have pretty good customer service. I've taken things back and never had a problem.

tabouli
06-07-2008, 12:02 PM
The table cloth is sweet
It looks like something my grandmother in Europe would have made....

Willing to part table cloth? :)

ps: Major props to the store for giving you compensation you didn't even ask for. Fuck I thought customer service died in the 90's :dunno:

Kritafo
06-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I find that most places are very good about customer satisfaction.

I fired off an email just last week about some Pom juice that went bad. I never asked for compensation, but wanted to give them run codes from the bottle just in case there were problems. Friday I receive 5 coupons for free juice.

I will donate 3 of them, and keep 2 for the family. We do drink this all the time and have never had a problem before.

Hakkola
06-07-2008, 01:03 PM

LOL, I worked at a Sobey's bakery, that co-op doesn't sound so bad. :rofl:

TomcoPDR
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
July 10th

Much better :thumbsup: :drool: :drool: :drool:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_2073.jpg

dj_rice
07-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Since you eat this kind of chicken so much, why dont you do us a review of Costcos/Safeways/Superstores :thumbsup:

rice_balls
07-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Try that chicken with some President's choice spicy chipolte dipping sause.... oooh man that stuffs good :drool:

Cooked Rice
07-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Superstore stuff tastes fine to me.

$10 for the BBQ chicken, french baguette, and 2 sides with the coupon they have there.

dj_rice
07-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Superstore stuff tastes fine to me.

$10 for the BBQ chicken, french baguette, and 2 sides with the coupon they have there.

Beats having McDicks for dinner and tastes better too if your poor

TomcoPDR
07-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Since you eat this kind of chicken so much, why dont you do us a review of Costcos/Safeways/Superstores :thumbsup:

The only problem is that sometimes I eat this stuff in the hotel room in other cities, so the reviews won't be consistent... it's got to be stores that are close within 1 neighbourhood.

Maybe during my off season. :)

dj_rice
07-12-2008, 01:47 PM

The only problem is that sometimes I eat this stuff in the hotel room in other cities, so the reviews won't be consistent... it's got to be stores that are close within 1 neighbourhood.

Maybe during my off season. :)

Since you eat it so much, you should start being creative and think of ideas to create with said chicken, like Co-Op BBQ Chicken Fajitas

szw
07-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Or bring a blender with you for some Co-Op BBQ Chicken Smoothies