PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Attempted car break-in at Chinatown

nobb
06-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Was going out for dinner and headed for the chinese restaurant on the bottom level of the Chinese Cultural Center. At the Impark paylot 214 (near Eau Claire and Cultural Center) I heard a ~40-50 yr old white man shouting really angrily at two kids to stop right there and drop their bags. It looked like they were trying to break into his newer model white Chevy Monte Carlo.

One kid was a typical punk white male. The other was a girl, maybe spanish because her skin was brownish (or could be a heavy tan). The chick had pretty big hips and she sort of waddled even though she wasnt very overweight. They both looked like in their 20s. Luckily they left the guy's Monte Carlo but the guy never bothered to chase after them or anything. He just stood there and kept saying to stop and drop the bag. He could have probably kicked the punk's ass too. They also had a big black bag that looked like it was stuffed (maybe from a break in spree?).

I managed to get a bad shot of their back as they ran away casually. Sorry I couldnt get a face shot. The pic is pretty useless, but just thought Id give a heads up incase anyone got their car broken into this evening (Jun 1, 2008) in chinatown.

nobb
06-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Pic 2

Toms-SC
06-01-2008, 09:24 PM
called you called the cops and didn't take pictures

rmk
06-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Glad that you did the right thing and took pictures with your phone.

nobb
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
called you called the cops and didn't take pictures

What? That doesnt make sense...

Emo-Chicken
06-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by nobb

I managed to get a bad shot of their back as they ran away casually.

Waddle.. Waddle

:hitit:

avishal26
06-01-2008, 11:34 PM
DAMN!.. I park one block away form that lot every day!! That part of town is kinda sketchy tho.. cus thats' where Chinatown kinda starts and downtown ends. Lots of bums hang around in the area.

I hate this kind of shit..!! :whipped: :whipped: :guns:

weeznah
06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
hey thats my brother and his huge ass girlfriend.
NOT!!!
Good job snapping some photo's, you can almost make out the girls face.

cloud7
06-03-2008, 01:28 PM
that parking lot is famous for car break-ins and getting your car stolen, unfortunately.

izzoblitzo
06-07-2008, 11:49 AM
My dad had his car stolen on that street a year ago, and my uncle's car had the passenger window smashed in a smash and grab a month ago.. Chinatown is bad news.