PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for WCB. Need help getting my back better.

cycosis
06-02-2008, 11:49 AM
So today, I was working for no more than 5 minutes when I stepped on a large grate cover over a 5-6 foot deep vent shaft and the thing collapsed with me falling down and landing on my back.

It was improperly bolted on one side and the other side had gravel that leaked under it acting as little ball bearings. Fuckin eh it hurt. I was all crumpled up with the wind knocked out of me.

Anyways, if I was just a simple landscaping bitch Id be stoked to take the WCB except Im head of maintenance for my boss' company and I have all my crews counting on me to be on the sites.

So my back is all cut up/bruised/tweaked/strained ect. Any ideas on how I can try to speed up the recovery process?

Focus
06-02-2008, 12:02 PM
talk to life mark physio. They will hook you up with some stretches and stuff to do. Don't mess with the back. once you bugger it up if you don't take care of it, it will bug you for the rest of your life.

I am on WCB due to a back inj. I have been off for 2 mos already. I have to go to physio everyday for 3 hrs a day. Do yourself a favor and take care of your back and don't push it!! Your crew may count on you, but you need to be able to count on your back!

just my 2 cents

bobby_lu
06-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Head down to the Lumbar Yard, theyll show you a thing or two.

Kloubek
06-02-2008, 01:19 PM
There is a place called "Adjust your health" on Macleod. I went there after a car accident, and their combination of massage therapy, chiropractic, and muscle release techniques worked very well.

For the bruising, ice is your friend. Not a great friend, but the best friend you can have under the circumstances. Not unlike a bottle of JD.

avishal26
06-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

For the bruising, ice is your friend. Not a great friend, but the best friend you can have under the circumstances. Not unlike a bottle of JD.

:rofl:

But seriously, your back is no joking matter. Like someone already said, once its messed up, it will bug you forever. Take your time and let it heal.

eb0i
06-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Ice it, 20 minutes on, one hour off. You can take Advil for the pain. Call up a physiotherapist (probably covered for you) and have them check out your back. They will probably work out whatever is strained and run you through some exercises to get you back on the road to recovery.

But I highly doubt there is a "speedier" way then this. Like others have said, you should take a lot of care, especially with your back. If you don't, it will bug you for the rest of your life.

ercchry
06-02-2008, 05:41 PM
wcb sucks, they dont give a shit if your back still hurts, just get you good enough so you can work... but they pay is much better than what insurance companies pay when your not working, maxes out at $400 a week :rolleyes:

oh and if you do find a way to speed up recovery let me know, i have been off work for 4 months! it suuucks :banghead: