PDA

View Full Version : Bodykit quote: not to sure if this is about the average price

civicman
06-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Just curious I have never had a bodykit installed on my car before I have done some phoning around.

This is what I want done all I want is the sideskirts front and rear bumper mounted on the car no paint just fitted on the car. I already have the bodykit fiberglass kit. I was

Quoted: $1000 plus gst does this sound right not sure like I said I have never had one fitted before.

403Gemini
06-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Please for the love of christ get it painted the same day you're getting it installed...

03ozwhip
06-02-2008, 02:41 PM
who cares what he does, hes probably painting the whole car later. that quote is about right for a fg kit installed, maybe even a little low IMO.

zipdoa
06-02-2008, 02:47 PM
It really isn't hard to do this yourself. Not only are you wasting your money paying someone $1000 for a job you could do yourself, you will be laughed at by motorists looking at your unpainted fiberglass. Take the money at put it towards a good paintjob; Better yet, keep the stock body panels, which look better, last longer, and don't chip and crack like shitty fiberglass kits always do. After you sell your parts to a real highschool tuner, turbo your civic and enjoy buckets of torque steer while you race every piece of traffic moving faster than you.

EDIT:

In all seriousness, since you will go ahead and do it anyway, PM born2workoncars, he's good at this kind of thing and will do it cheaper than a shop!

civicman
06-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks man!! yha thats my plan I'm painting it after words. I just want it fitted so I can remove it just to see how it fit's and if it's the look im after. The car won't be moved until it's done.

88jbody
06-02-2008, 03:14 PM
A buddy of mine will paint AND install it for $1000.

03ozwhip
06-02-2008, 03:37 PM
^^^^^oooooooo, good deal....go for it. speaking of which 88jbody PM'd.....

TomcoPDR
06-02-2008, 07:30 PM
There's a guy on here who's buddy painted their own bodykit from the garage, a red skyline.

civicman
06-03-2008, 12:12 AM
The car is fully under construction has been for the last 6 months. The last steps are the bodykit and paint about another 7 weeks and the car will be ready for the kit and paint.