PDA

View Full Version : EG windshield reservoir tubing

Darkstar13
06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone, I'm putting a rear glass wiper in my civic hb and just wondering where I would run the tubing from the windshield fluid reservoir through to, after the firewall. Through the A-pillar and above the headliner? That's my best guess, I checked honda-tech and they don't seem to have anything about it. Any help would be appreciated:)

Cooked Rice
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
in a S13 the hose is ran under the carpet.

Darkstar13
06-04-2008, 09:47 PM
^ thanks man, I'll be stripping my interior tomorrow so I guess I'll have a better idea when everything's out

misterrick
06-04-2008, 09:49 PM
i just had the carpet up in my eg6 and the rear washer line is under the passenger side (left side of my car) carpet. it then goes under the rear seats i believe.

ercchry
06-04-2008, 09:57 PM
in my old fc there was a separate tank for the rear, just a 12v power wire is all you need for it. and im sure you could fit one from a fc in your honda, tons of fc's in the junk yard all the time

Darkstar13
06-05-2008, 10:00 AM
^ lol, I actually have an fc in my backyard w/ a rear wiper but on a civic, both front and back sprayers share the same reservoir in the engine bay. Thanx for the advice though:)
Yeah, I still gotta get into the headliner to get to the wiring of the rear wiper, I really hope it is pre-wired!
Here we go I guess:dunno:

Darkstar13
06-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Okay so it's not pre-wired for the rear wiper.
I've checked in my Haynes manual and can't seem to find anything on it neither did Honda-tech. I'm pretty sure it's a simple process like adding a wire and a fuse? Oh I also replaced the wiper switch to one that can turn on the back sprayer and wiper, anyone know how to wire this up?

misterrick
06-13-2008, 09:46 PM
do you have the rear wiper switch on your wiper control arm thingey?

nvm read the post. just go by the wiring it says it should have and add those wires. it should be pretty straightforward.

worst case scenario, just wire them up to their own 12 volt source and use toggle switches. much easier that way too....

Darkstar13
06-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanx misterrick, I'll check out the wiring again on my next day off. Such a noob at anything to do with cars but feels good when I get the job done lol

Darkstar13
07-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Ok, so I finally got time to try to figure out how to wire the wiper up and man, this seems way over my head. Wires everywhere! lol I don't even know where to begin, so I think I would save alot of time by handing this over to someone with a little more know-how. Only thing is how much would it cost? If anyone on here has experience with this, I'm willing to pay you to get this done. Or if you can suggest a shop that can do it for a decent price, that'd be good too. Thanx in advance :)

Darkstar13
07-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by misterrick
do you have the rear wiper switch on your wiper control arm thingey?

nvm read the post. just go by the wiring it says it should have and add those wires. it should be pretty straightforward.

worst case scenario, just wire them up to their own 12 volt source and use toggle switches. much easier that way too....

Thanx for the advice, went with the toggle switch route and worked awesome and just in time for this crappy rain lol

misterrick
07-11-2008, 07:10 AM
good to hear that someone actually took my advice lol