PDA

View Full Version : Buying cheap gauges?

2EFNFAST
06-03-2008, 12:33 AM
I need to buy some cheap gauges - electrical water temp. and oil pressure. Doesn't matter the size/color/make/etc..., just need them when I drop in my engine.

Any suggestions on where to get them - I was hoping Crappy Tire or Wal-Mart would have some, but they want like $40 for some POSs. I'm looking at spending $10-20 hopefully.

ruffryder
06-03-2008, 01:22 AM
:thumbsup: princess auto has some for around 20/each and there actually pretty decent.

2EFNFAST
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I'll give them a looksee - I didn't think princess auto carried gauges. Thanks

Supa Dexta
06-03-2008, 01:47 PM
prosport. decent for the money. cheap to the feel, but lots of ppl run them with decent results. why exactly do you want a 10$ gauge? Even if it's just for setting a base, what good is it, if it's off 5-10psi or more.

2EFNFAST
06-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
prosport. decent for the money. cheap to the feel, but lots of ppl run them with decent results. why exactly do you want a 10$ gauge? Even if it's just for setting a base, what good is it, if it's off 5-10psi or more.

Want to make certain everything (e.g., oil pressure) is okay after I hook it up. A lot of people prefer to use mechanical gauges as run-in gauges, but I want to stick w/ electrical since that's what I'll be wiring later on.